Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. (1880 Views)

Access Bank To Pay N53.47 Billion For 75% Of Intercontinental Bank / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by SIFA(m): 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
Check out Financial Times (London) and the African Banker web site. The Bank is one of the two banks in Nigeria that still gives facilities. I just took another N100 millon Invoice Discounting facility from the Bank.
Pls stop spreading unfounding rumours, it can cause unnecessary havoc in the economy especially for genuine business men.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by SweetT1: 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2009
SIFA:

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC IS ONE OF THE SAFEST BANK IN NIGERA. Check out Financial Times (London) and the African Banker web site. The Bank is one of the two banks in Nigeria that still gives facilities. I just took another N100 millon Invoice Discounting facility from the Bank.
Pls stop spreading unfounding rumours, it can cause unnecessary havoc in the economy especially for genuine business men.

ha ha ha
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by agabaI23(m): 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
Which edition of financial times? link plssssss
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by SweetT1: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2009
agabaI23:

Which edition of financial times? link plssssss

Erastus edition.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by agabaI23(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2009
lol or may be Akingbola edition
OP
Still waiting for the edition pls.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by phemmy71: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2009
PRESS STATEMENT
The attention of the Central Bank of Nigeria has been drawn to the
baseless rumours about INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC'S
financial condition which has elicited enquiries by customers,
depositors and the general public.
The Central Bank of Nigeria wishes to react as follows:
1. Intercontinental Bank Plc remains healthy and has been
meeting her obligations to her customers.
2. The bank has been participating actively at the foreign
exchange Retail Dutch Auction (RDAS) where it bids
regularly on behalf of her customers who require foreign
exchange for their transactions.
3. The Central Bank of Nigeria has not received any adverse
report from her correspondent and/or other foreign banks of
any default or unprofessional conducts.
4. The Central Bank of Nigeria has been providing short-term
liquidity support to all the Nigerian banks in line with CBN's
role as lender of last resort. The facilities are available for
all the banks including Intercontinental Bank Plc should any
bank require them.
5. The general public is hereby advised to ignore any negative
rumours or false information on Intercontinental Bank Plc or
any other Nigerian bank as the information is false. They
should continue to transact their legitimate business,
including deposit placement with Intercontinental Bank Plc
and other Nigerian banks.
6. The Central Bank of Nigeria reiterates its assurance that
Nigerian banks are strong enough to manage the shocks and
challenges occasioned by the global economic crises. The
CBN also stands ready to provide liquidity support to any
bank that may require it during this period and beyond.
GOVERNOR
CENTRALBANK OF NIGERIA

" as anyone of you rumour mongers seen this?"

please surf the web and not only NAIRALAND", motherf***kers
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by enilowo(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2009
Don't mind they Peolpe like Sweet T will never knew how to see anything good rather they will try to justify thier paymasters. Well thank God for there is no way for Ibadanchap, Sweet T and finecat. Your antic will never succeed. tongue
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by carfreak: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2009
grin

Yeahhhh, Just saw the Guardian.

Is that blabber mouth still talking?

bad belle must really be a big business
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by sharpman1(m): 11:51am On Mar 17, 2009
Nonsense!!!! angry

Intercontinental Bank looked for our trouble by trying to stop us from having access to our hard earned money by imposing a senseless minimum balance on the poor masses that usually run savings account to shore up their own liquidity.

So, they (IBPLC) got the bad publicity they deserved.

Coming to the statement by the CBN, they are simply trying to cool down the hot steam that IBPLC started so that it won't have any serious impact on the Banking Industry as a whole. They don't want what happened to the Capital Market to happen to the Banking Industry (Investor confidence and the rest)

Even stronger banks in the US like Citi Bank are having problems so what makes Nigerian banks safe from the financial crises especially with all the toxic assets they carry in their Balance Sheet?

I don't know how bad the situation is but I think that the CBN is trying to manage the situation, so they come and say all is well with our banks.

The truth is our banks have become more desperate to get money and income at all cost so they come up with all sorts of charges that does not even make sense. They force you to use the ATM and then charge you for it.

Only God knows how bad the system is. Time will surely tell but i pray they all pass through this meltdown successfully.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by paullo20: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by phemmy71: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2009
sharp man:

Nonsense!!!! angry

Intercontinental Bank looked for our trouble by trying to stop us from having access to our hard earned money by imposing a senseless minimum balance on the poor masses that usually run savings account to shore up their own liquidity.

So, they (IBPLC) got the bad publicity they deserved.

Coming to the statement by the CBN, they are simply trying to cool down the hot steam that IBPLC started so that it won't have any serious impact on the Banking Industry as a whole. They don't want what happened to the Capital Market to happen to the Banking Industry (Investor confidence and the rest)

Even stronger banks in the US like Citi Bank are having problems so what makes Nigerian banks safe from the financial crises especially with all the toxic assets they carry in their Balance Sheet?

I don't know how bad the situation is but I think that the CBN is trying to manage the situation, so they come and say all is well with our banks.

The truth is our banks have become more desperate to get money and income at all cost so they come up with all sorts of charges that does not even make sense. They force you to use the ATM and then charge you for it.

Only God knows how bad the system is. Time will surely tell but i pray they all pass through this meltdown successfully.

i think u guys need more exposure,

u need to know more about the western and wat is happening there,

av u heard of the crisis rocking world class banks like CITIBANK, BANK OF AMERICA, even WELLSFARGO has closed down

so talking of the global financial meltdown not only the banks ll be affected

'cos even the automobile, manufacturing, agricultural & other sectors is been affected.

"GUYZ, JUST WATCH AS THE WHOLE THING GOES AS THIS WAS PLANNED AND NOT AN ACCIDENT"
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by cold(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2009
phemmy 7:

av u heard of the crisis rocking world class banks like CITIBANK, BANK OF AMERICA, even WELLSFARGO has closed down

'cos even the automobile, manufacturing, agricultural & other sectors is been affected.

"GUYZ, JUST WATCH AS THE WHOLE THING GOES AS THIS WAS PLANNED AND NOT AN ACCIDENT"

Pls enlighten us;U seem to know sumthin we don't.Who planned it,how was it planned,where was it planned,what will be the eventual outcome?Ur response may reverse the course of events.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by sharpman1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2009
phemmy 7:

OLODO!!!!!!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by otokx(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2009
all these people that have below 10 posts tire me; don't they know we sabi the koko. Na dem go enter exam hall copy so tay dem no go remember to change the name of the person work dem copy put their own.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by KazuyaM(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
Let me tell you now, anyone that has below 10 - 50 posts on any Intercontinental Topic, is an intercontinetal bank staff. They have been sent to public forums grin You people are just showing how unprofessional you are grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by deb(m): 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
Who are these advocates of Intercontinental Bank sef?
Customers say they are not happy you say they must be happy with you.
Na by force? Anybody that want to close their Account like I did should go ahead.
Why do we have competition? To create avenue for making choices. Abeg leave us alone we are
not happy with your bank. NA BY FORCE? shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

@Kazuya M
I am not a pro intercontinental bank person. I am an ex customer. So, go back to the thread;
"Intecontinental Bank Has Become Useless" to correct the comment you mistakenly addressed to me.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by MAITEMA(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
Kazuya M, we meet again!

Why did you delete my response to your post? I bet you cant now since you didnt start this thread. Your action only confirmed my thoughts that you are a yahoo yahoo boy and that your wares you display on Nairaland for sale are bought online with stolen credit cards. Be wary as your doomsday for guillotining is nigh.

Talking about number of posts, its not the number that matters but the sense made per post after all most of your posts are just smileys.

I'm sure you will accuse me of being pro-Intercontinental bank or even being a staff, before you exude your infantile bravado; take a minute and go through my posts.

For the records I am neither a customer nor a shareholder
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by Kx: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2009
I smell a rat,why all the publicity suddenly?
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Is One Of The Safest Bank In Nigeria. by 7eleven: 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
Kx:

I smell a rat,why all the publicity suddenly?

Hmm , ther's definately something fishy about it bro, angry

http://buzz.6te.net

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows The Legitimate Way To Make Money With Your Mobile Phone / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Might Be Africa's Richest Man / Licence + Oil Block

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.