Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... (19069 Views)

Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer / Breaking: Just Before The Dawn; Let Biafra Go, Let Biafra Be.- Yoruba Elder / AWOLOWO VS OJUKWU (achievements And Records) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2015
As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at large. We are the head, never the tail. Here are a few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined their names in the record book. . Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor -Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa -Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of Mathematics in Africa -Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African professor of Geology -Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a Pulitzer prize -Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Pilot -William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in 1905 -Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of law in West Africa -Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive an undergraduate degree from Oxford University -Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest African PHD Holder in Mathematics -Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics professor in Africa and also the first black African to be named a fellow of the Geological society of London -Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to win a Nobel prize for literature -Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian professor of anatomy -Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of the International Court of Justice (World Court) -Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week -Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro- surgery in Nigeria. -Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian law firm -I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE -Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria -Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro- radiologist -Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa. -Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria. Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first Nigerian Chartered Accountant -Latola Films was the 1st film production company in Nigeria -Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice- Chancellor in an american unversity -Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own a boutique in Nigeria -Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an Olympic medal -Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female Professor of Computer Science. -Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine in Nigeria -Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to qualify as a chartered accountant -Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining engineer in Nigeria -Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland -Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate of Nigeria -Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female Doctor-1937 -Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist to win a Grammy-1986 -Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor of History -Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first professor of psychiatry. -Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering -Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female professor in Nigeria -Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female industrialist -Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect 1952 -Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed Forces (2 Star) Major General: -Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female Chartered Accountant in Nigeria -George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more mathematics papers than any other Black mathematician in history -Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win the most prestigious award for young mathematics researchers in the United States and the first black woman to publish an article in the Annals of Mathematics -Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the Welcome Prize in Medicine.
. Like we said, those are a few. The list itself is endless. And by the way, where is your own name ….. ?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by EdCure: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2015
Northerners are yet to be pioneers in anything in Nigeria apart from suicide bombing. Ironically, those who consume the bulk of our national resources contribute the least.
We in the South need to unite and take a stand against this counter-productive status quo and this sham they call federal structure.

12 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by basilo101: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Yet our high ranking offices are filled wit half backed products of quota system. Igbos also parade high ranking record breakers too maybe nt up to yorubas but far ahead of d north. Yet we all are only gud as deputies

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by seunny4lif(m): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
grin grin
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Oladipo Diya - First ever general to bend on his knees and cry like a 3 year old girl.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bros, Categorise them accordingly. e.g Science, media, music, etcetera. then add pictures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:
Oladipo Diya - First ever general to bend on his knees and cry like a 3 year old girl.

And Ojukwu was the first general to ja for his life to Ivory Coast, after overseeing the massacre of his people and witnessing the decimation of his pet-project Biafra. cheesy

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

And Ojukwu was the first general to ja for his life to Ivory Coast, after overseeing the massacre of his people and witnessing the decimation of his pet-project Biafra. cheesy

This is about mgbati people. Be proud of your general.

I am proud of Ojukwu for not allowing himself to be used for Sallah ram like Abiola or Gani or all the other jelly-legged cowards that yorubaland produced.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by hakeem4(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Oduduwa is happy

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
If the lagooners like make them no accept, YORUBAS leads and others follows, the lagooners are only good at chest-beating, and they are the pioneer of crime in Nigeria...

14 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by zendy: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

At least Ojukwu was fighting for the liberation his people unlike Awolowo who opted to become "boy-boy" to Gowon who was young enough to be his son, and in the process, sold the Yoruba nation to the Nothern oligarchy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
zendy:

At least Ojukwu was fighting for the liberation his people unlike Awolowo who opted to become "boy-boy" to Gowon who was young enough to be his son, and in the process, sold the Yoruba nation to the Nothern oligarchy

Hahahaha! Liberation indeed. Since your capitulation and embarrassing defeat in that war, your people have remained slaves to the Nigerian federation. That's why you all are still crying for freedom. Only slaves ask for freedom. Una be our bbitchees. grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

I am proud of Ojukwu for not allowing himself to be used for Sallah ram like Abiola or Gani or all the other jelly-legged cowards that yorubaland produced.

Ok, if Abiola and Gani are rams, what do you now call the mass slaughter of your fellow Biafrans during the civil war? That one pass barbeque and suya, na ogbonge buffet. grin cheesy

28 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
Happy about all these achievements by Yorubas also. Nigeria needs true Federalism some people are slowing down others. If we practice true federalism no one will be Para siting on another and everyone will be serious to develop on something.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chiaka:
Happy about all these achievements by Yorubas also. Nigeria needs true Federalism some people are slowing down others. If we practice true federalism no one will be Para siting on another and everyone will be serious to develop on something.

Thanks, that's more like it and I agree with you completely. Unlike some previous player-hating posters.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by forgiveness: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:
If the lagooners like make them no accept, YORUBAS leads and others follows, the lagooners are only good at chest-beating, and they are the pioneer of crime in Nigeria...

Bros, Categories them accordingly and add pictures.

This tread is an eye opener

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
forgiveness:

Bros, Categories them accordingly and add pictures.
This tread is an eye opener

Ok
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Thanks, that's more like it and I agree with you completely. Unlike some previous player-hating posters.

My main issue is that yorubas are always aiding the north to be in power as long as this continues we can hardly achieve true federalism, north likes to grab power in order to maintain the current imbalance and injustice in the system and this move continues to drag the country backward and not forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

My main issue is that yorubas are always aiding the north to be in power as long as this continues, we can hardly achieve true federalism, north likes to grab power in order to maintain the current imbalance and injustice in the system and this move continues to drag the country backward and not forward. Most times I wonder why the yorubas continue to do this, sometimes I thinks its for some short term benefit which will neither profit them in the long run nor other tribes which I also see as a selfish move which keeps us far away from realising a true federalism, with true federalism even the north will move from a solely dependent and power hungry region to a self actualising one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Ok, if Abiola and Gani are rams, what do you now call the mass slaughter of your fellow Biafrans during the civil war? That one pass barbeque and suya, na ogbonge buffet. grin cheesy

This thread is mgbati thread.

Ilorin still yorubalad? Afonja lol.

14 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Hahahaha! Liberation indeed. Since your capitulation and embarrassing defeat in that war, your people have remained slaves to the Nigerian federation. That's why you all are still crying for freedom. Only slaves ask for freedom. Una be our bbitchees. grin

Lol. Oba Akiolu, the Goat of Lagos cried to the lagoon and mamiwater as soon as he saw just a few of us in his palace. Who starts jittering in the presence of slaves if not worse than slave?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Kay17: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
But these are individual achievements! And such individual progress does not have a bearing on the condition of the Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Omenkata: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

including the rat poison king Awolawo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Kay17:
But these are individual achievements! And such individual progress does not have a bearing on the condition of the Yoruba people.

The only condition they know is to roast under brown roofs with no ceilings.

11 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by mezzyg: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
i have checked all the yorubas achievement but its only first they can boast of and not a single innovation/discovery compared to the Jews in nigeria known as the Biafra people who are stunning the world with their innovations and creativity. By now you should know that records shows that 90% of world discovery/innovations are by Jews and that igbo people are jews; you cannot beat them in creativity, innovation and achievements.

18 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Omenkata:

including the rat poison king Awolawo

Seriously, if I were a yorubaman, I would have killed myself since.

18 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:
i have checked all the yorubas achievement but its only first they can boast of and not a single innovation/discovery compared to the Jews in nigeria known as the Biafra people who are stunning the world with their innovations and creativity. By now you should know that records shows that 90% of world discovery/innovations are by Jews and that igbo people are jews; you cannot beat them in creativity, innovation and achievements.

Well, I know the kind of uncontrollable and killing headache you are currently battling with cos of yoruba achievements in every facet of life... Name 3 technological achievement atrributable to the Igbos except those aba-made directly copied from OYIBO... Haters are liable to die young..ok ?

18 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by ArodewilliamsT: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
If yorubas have all these achievement like you said, I STILL CAN'T FATHOM WHY THEY WANT TO DIE WITH THE IGBOS IN NIGERIA, WHY CAN'T THEY ASK FOR THEIR OWN COUNTRY?. WHY? WHY? WHY? I STILL JUST DO NOT GET IT? I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE YORUBAS TO CONVINCE ME IT'S NOT COWARDICE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:

Haters are likely to die young... Jews indeed...jews way they suffer defeat all the times from yoruba...

5 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by mezzyg: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
To be the first in something is not an achievement when you are the only one that started the race without others. The geographical location of yoruba people at the coastal areas made them to be the first people to have contacts with the white people/civilised world long before other tribes in nigeria. so tell me why wont they be first? if all the tribes in Nigeria made that contact with the whites/western civilised world at the same time they will never boast of any achievement or have anything to brag about

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:

Well, I know the kind of uncontrollable and killing headache you are currently battling with cos of yoruba achievements in every facet of life... Name 3 technological achievement atrributable to the Igbos except those aba-made directly copied from OYIBO... Haters are liable to die young..ok ?

You mean the ones oyibo copied from us? Go to their museums and see our technologies they stole from us and copied. Igbo Ukwu were the first people to make bronzed instruments. Igbos taught the rest of Afrika pottery. Igbos made guns and are still the only african tribe with gun-making capabilities. The list is endless and when we copy, we do it better.

14 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chiaka:

My main issue is that yorubas are always aiding the north to be in power as long as this continues, we can hardly achieve true federalism, north likes to grab power in order to maintain the current imbalance and injustice in the system and this move continues to drag the country backward and not forward. Most times I wonder why the yorubas continue to do this, sometimes I thinks its for some short term benefit which will neither profit them in the long run nor other tribes which I also see as a selfish move which keeps us far away from realising a true federalism, with true federalism even the north will move from a solely dependent and power hungry region to a self actualising one.

Miss, I understand what you are trying to say but I disagree with you that Yorubas are "always aiding the North" argument coz not only is it historically inaccurate, it also unfair and false. In fact, it can be argued that Zik (an Igboman) missed out on a GOLDEN opportunity to forge a coalition which could have salvaged the course of the country if only he had agreed to the proposition to forge an alliance with the then Action Group party after the 1959 federal elections (in that election Zik's NCNC had 81 seats, Awo's AG had 74, while Ahmadu Bello's NPC got 134 seats). Awo had subsequently approached Zik for a coalition after the results were announced and if that alliance had materialized, both parties would have formed the government at the center at the time, relegating the North to an opposition party, and the history of Nigeria may likely have turned out differently. But alas, it didn't happened that way coz the NCNC (an Igbo Party) ended up forging an alliance with the Northern NPC which then produced a Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister and Zik as President, while Awo's AG went into opposition. The rest they say is history. Since then up until the recent APC, the Yorubas have been in opposition (they even opposed OBJ, he wasn't their candidate, remember?). While the igbos have also had their share of power at the centre both before and after the civil war (think Zik, Ironsi, Shagari/Ekwueme and GEJ eras), even more so than the Yorubas. So why the constant scapegoating of Yorubas? ?

22 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "Warned To Stop Criticizing Buhari Or Risked Being Called Ghanaian" / Ex-Minister, Ibe Kachikwu Indicted In Diezani’s UK ‘Bribery’ Case / Sagay, Ogunye Fault S’court Judgments On Gov Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.