Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion (1250 Views)

Muslim Woman Vents Anger On Buhari's Government In Abuja (Video) / CBN Illegally Funding Buhari’s Government, Says Sanusi / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by FREEEMANAN(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2015
This write-up will consider three important things including the 'anti-corruption' fight by Mr. President and the fight against terrorism as well as Federal appointments so far. Notice that the word 'anti-corruption' is in quote. That is because there is some question that needs to be answered with regard to that issue. So I start. I have to say, I had considered Mr. President a clueless man. His mistaking the name of his own political party and the name of his deputy, for me, was nothing short of a show of the absence of the requisite intellectual and/or psychological capacity to run the country. This position was compounded by the fact that fairly recently, he referred to 'West Germany' and 'President Michelle.' I was certain at that point that we had a 'cow' for a president. When originally, he failed to nominate members of his cabinet, if there was any doubt left as to the cluelessness of the man we had at the helm of affairs of the Nigerian state, it was completely obliterated. I additionally thought that perhaps, he has forgotten that Nigeria is no more under Military rule.
I laughed in my mind, at the laughingstock Nigeria would be all through his tenure. But I think I might have judged too soon. Now that I look closely, I see a man with a plan. A definite plan. A man that intends first, to purge Nigeria of the corruption that has plagued our country for many years.
Instead of seeing his refusal to appoint Ministers as a show of indecision and absence of direction, I now consider it a deliberate attempt to ensure that the people he works with are unstained by the oil of corruption. I see that as a show of intelligence and integrity. Our past leaders, Obasanjo, Yara'dua and Goodluck, all failed to rid the Nigerian system of this filth. They built on already existing structures, structures that were fundamentally defective right from the foundation upwards.
I think there is a need for the structures to be destroyed,
and for a new one to be built. Other than to gather all the
past leaders in a large hall and cause their death, the
position taken by Mr. President, PMB, is a step in the right direction. Certainly, a lot of people that benefited in the past government will be affected. These people, and others too, will cry that there is a witch hunt, but seriously, if members of the past administrations are not investigated and prosecuted, who will, or rather who should? Has it not been the same persons who participated in the corruption, or allowed it to go on? All the billions that have been reported stolen during the past administration, was it not these persons who allowed them? Should we now say that because Mr. President doesn't want to seem like he is witch
hunting, he should then refuse to investigate and prosecute people who are known or suspected to have committed acts of corruption? That is arrant nonsense.
Now, I may be speaking a little too early, because so far, he is yet to arrest and prosecute any of the persons who
openly supported his campaign to become Commander-In-Chief, but consider that those for those persons to have supported PMB, they very likely have not benefitted, or perhaps benefitted minimally from the previous government.
My position on this, of course, will change if none of these people is prosecuted soon, because in my opinion, every single one of them is rotten with corruption and ooze the disgusting stench of ill-gotten wealth. I hope that at the end of the Mr. President's four (4) years, even the policeman who collects N50 from motorists on the street will be affected by the hammer of anti-corruption.
We all should know, however, that for the anti-corruption
campaign to be successful, everyone of us will be affected. I myself will be. The reason is not difficult to find, even the most decent of us is guilty of one form of corruption or the other at some point or the other. I don't expect that every single Nigerian will be prosecuted and imprisoned, but that we all should be purged of our sins and repent in the new Nigerian spirit.
Now on the issue of Boko Haram and the terrorism, what I'm going to say now may offend a few, but what I consider to be the truth, must be told. I remember that towards the end of President Goodluck's tenure, I complained about the consistent loss of life that continued unabated in the past few years. I remember saying that if a president is unable to ensure the safety of the citizens of the country, then such government is a failure. I still hold that opinion.
Today, about two months after inauguration of the new
government. The insurgency seems to have gotten stronger. The bombing seems to have become more frequent, insecurity is still the order of the day. This has forced the question, so why then did we kick out the old
administration, if we are going to continue with the same problems? But before crying too hard on the matter, I realize, had the Boko Haram insurgency suddenly stopped the moment Mr. President got into power, I would have cried fowl play. In my eyes at least, there will be no further need for proof that Buhari or his supporters are the cause or fuel of the insurgency.
The question then begs to be answered, so should the
insurgency go on forever? My answer is a solid 'NO!'
Another question then is that of whether or not Mr.
President has the capacity to improve the situation
considering the increased spate of bombings. I have an
interesting answer to that line of questioning. To properly answer that questions I'll have to refer to a story I was told about the tiger. Please enjoy the read.

When the tiger is about to die, it doesn't do so quietly. No. It doesn't just sit. It goes to the highest point it can find, and then makes the loudest roar. That is its final legacy. Similarly, when in a fight a strong person is pushed to the wall and there is no where else to turn but forward, he fights back with all his might and uses any tactic he can to get the upper hand. Perhaps you, the reader, have been in a fight or at least watched one, you'll notice that the person who seems about to lose usually tries his best to throw as many punches as he can or be as lethal as he can, the reason, it's either that or accept defeat. Perhaps, the situation is the same with the insurgents. Maybe they have nowhere to go but to shout their loudest or dish out their strongest punch(es). Perhaps I'm wrong but is that line of though not worth considering? Of course my position on this will change if we don't see the end of the bombings soon. But for now, this explanation is worthy of
consideration.
The above being said, I have a problem with the
appointments made so far. Apparently, persons from the south-south and south-east region do not have the requisite ability to hold offices in the Federation. This is the notion that is being given by Mr. President's administration.
Mr. President is not a regional president, and as such is
expected to govern all sections of the country. Nigeria is a volatile state all interests need to be protected for the nation to be at peace. I note that people from areas in the defunct Biafra are gearing up, because, the federal government is appearing to neglect them.
I am a young man from the Niger Delta, and I want to grow in a country where the same rights and privileges are given to deserving persons not withstanding their place of birth and religious creed. My advice to Mr. President and the APC is that serious consideration should be given to federal character. If not, I smell pending war.
Let's all join hands to make Nigeria great. Let us consider our collective rather than personal interests. A word, my fathers will say, is enough for the wise.

BY OBIENE FERNANDEZ MARCUS

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204381345755560&id=1287854725&_rdr

cc lalasticlala
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Pergrace: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by gabazin080(m): 11:38am On Jul 29, 2015
This op can lie ehn. Your opinion abi someone else opinion on Facebook
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Change
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by tucky200(m): 11:48am On Jul 29, 2015
A better write up than that of that cunning barcanista...the wailing wailers are all set of cunning people that are very good @ destruction...

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2015
Baba-Go-Slow Is enjoying his honeymoon While APC and Tinubu are fucking his wife!
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chai, Barcanista is truly the greatest in politics section

2 Likes

Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
I love the part of a dying tiger that makes the loudest noise before it die. This is very true and realistic. When we measure it to insurgece menace, we observe that these beast are been given tough fight and are doing everything at their disposer to remain relevant.

The fight against corruption and terrorism is not for Buhari alone or the agencies. I think it is collective fight that need to involve every hand om desk. The media has a lot of task just like the army. Religion societies need to preach against insurgency. We need to start educating our people and children on the effect of corruption on humanity. I once remembered my Dad joking with his friends sometimes ago. He said he will guide me through my education so thay I can find my way into Government office and have the oppportunity to steal from the treasury. I had to shake my head in non-acceptance. This is the norm in our society. People see government office as money acquistion oppportunity. This is the mentality in our society. We praise those that steal and speak i of those that decide not to steal from government pulse. We need a media campaign against this immorality.

This change start from me and you

2 Likes

Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Chai, Barcanista is truly the greatest in politics section
All I see are rhetoric without message. We have passed campaign period na...why are they still on campaign?

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Some Religious societies can not preach against this ISLAMIST because SHE.COW is fighting for ALLA so understand the game.

Minwyl

The "KATSINA ILLITERATE" has totally scamed Nijah.
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by genearts(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
barcanista:
All I see are rhetoric without message. We have passed campaign period na...why are they still on campaign?

You want to compare this write-up to the nonsense you wrote?? Goan sit down Jor..

@op
nice write-up bro

tho this first 60 days could have been better, this govnt is definitely on the right track

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by FREEEMANAN(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
gabazin080:
This op can lie ehn.
Your opinion abi someone else opinion on Facebook
DID YOU READ IT TILL THE END?
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by gabazin080(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
DID YOU READ IT TILL THE END?
nope
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by natas22: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by FernandezObiene: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Nice to see my Facebook post reposted here by someone, and nice to see your lovely responses. Shows that there are still well-thinking Nigerians...

But the OP failed to add (The Fernist) #LifeUnderConstruction. But no serious harm done.

Kudos Freemanan
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2015
FernandezObiene:
Nice to see my Facebook post reposted here by someone, and nice to see your lovely responses. Shows that there are still well-thinking Nigerians...

But the OP failed to add (The Fernist) #LifeUnderConstruction. But no serious harm done.

Kudos Freemanan
Lol... I didn't deem it necessary.
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by MabraO: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Op when I started reading this write up I was tempted to say "they will always wail" but as I kept reading I saw where u were coming

Of all the piece I ve been reaching concerning PMB I think I find this best.

U applauded Mr President where u know he has done right nd castigated him when he did wrong that's wot we call OBJECTIVE CRITICISM not that piece of gabbage that moronic barcanista writes all the time

In all d original writer tried kudos to him
If these kinda of threads has been opened in time past I believe we wouldn't ve found ourselves where we are today where we not divided ethnically all Cos one clueless man from Bayelsa.
Nigeria go better
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
MabraO:
Op when I started reading this write up I was tempted to say "they will always wail" but as I kept reading I saw where u were coming

Of all the piece I ve been reaching concerning PMB I think I find this best.

U applauded Mr President where u know he has done right nd castigated him when he did wrong that's wot we call OBJECTIVE CRITICISM not that piece of gabbage that moronic barcanista writes all the time

In all d original writer tried kudos to him
If these kinda of threads has been opened in time past I believe we wouldn't ve found ourselves where we are today where we not divided ethnically all Cos one clueless man from Bayelsa.
Nigeria go better
Amen ooo...

I find it very objective that's why I had to share... Nice piece Mr fernandezobiene
Re: The Buhari Government So Far: My Humble Opinion by aviona: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
Mr President has been out of Nigeria so often, that it is difficult to really assess his impact so far.
Since he's yet to appoint ministers, he is probably busy acting on behalf of the in-coming Minister of Tourism. That's if he doesn't reserve that portfolio for himself.
Baba likes travelling sha!

(1) (Reply)

Details Of Saraki’s Assets As At 2012 / Nnamdi Kanu Nigeria Arrest: Is Radio Biafra Director An Ipob Legend Or A 'fraud? / Boko Haram Shot 20 Dead In Borno (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.