Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

The God That Never Was * - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God That Never Was * (3300 Views)

Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Run From The Wrath Of God That Is Coming! See History / Let The God That Answers By Fire Be My God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Sorry, it is John 18:6
So why was he running around in the first place
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:

So why was he running around in the first place

Where?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Where?

"GOD" ON THE RUN "God"

Was Panic-Stricken: "After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him." (John, 7:1)

"God" Walked in Fear of the Jews: "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54)

"God" Has Shown a Clean Pair of Heels: "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand." (John, 10:39)

"God" Fled in Disguise: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John, 8:59)
Re: The God That Never Was * by tartar9(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:
[s]To to us a child is born, to
us a son is given, and the
government will be on his
shoulders. And he will be
called Wonderful Counselor,
MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting
Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

This was a prophecy hundreds of years before Jesus came and nobody disputed this before Muhammad was born many years later.

Prophets after prophets came with none of them disputing it except Muhammad, showing his prophethood was not from the God of bible prophets.[/s]

prophecy my foot,this is pure blasphemy to any Jew living anytime even before jesus so who is disputing who if not you xtians.go research on the original interpretation until you xtians twisted it like many other verses to suit your paganism
Re: The God That Never Was * by parisbookaddict(f): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:
Ina kwana

THE BIRTH OF "GOD"

"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the SEED of David according to the flesh." (Romans, 1:3)

"God" was the fruit of the loins of David: "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne." (Acts, 2:30)

The Ancestors of "God": "The generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." (Matthew, 1:1)

The Sex of "God": "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus." (Luke, 2:21)

How Mary Conceived and Delivered "God". Mary conceived Jesus like any other woman: "The days were accomplished that she should be delivered," (Luke, 2:6) which means that she went through all the normal stages of pregnancy. Nor was her delivery any different from other expectant mothers: "And she being with child cried, travelling in birth, and pained to be delivered." (Revelation, 12:2)

"God" Sucked The Paps of a Woman: "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked." (Luke, 11:27)

The Country of Origin of "God": "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king. (Matthew, 2:1)

The Occupation of "God": "Jesus was a carpenter by trade." (Mark, 6:3), "and the son of a carpenter." (Matthew, 13:55)

The Transport of "God": "Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass." (Matthew, 21:5) "And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon." (John, 12:14)

The Wining and Dining of "God": grin "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners." (Matthew, 11:9; Luke, 7:34)

The Poverty of "God": "And Jesus saith unto him, the foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew, 8:20)

TBC.
[size=18pt]

Wow..
its a pity that u fail to understand even the basic prophecies about Jesus and why he came as a descendant of David(David's seed). Unlike mohammed who started concocting things from his convoluted mind and has only himself as a witness.........
On the contra, the prophecies about Christ and his Father, The God of abraham issac and Jacob stretches centuries and has tonnes of prophets and apostles as witnesses eg isaiah, David, samuel, job, amos, moses, mark, paul etc .

If u don't understand this basic premise and prelude of events about christ then u are truly ignorant.

U even mock the humble life of christ.

Not everyone is like mohammed the rich warlord who ravaged lands and women. Stole from wealthy jews, amassed war booty , extorted jizyah and robbed caravans.

Mention me when u have done some homework.
[/size]
Re: The God That Never Was * by Demmzy15(m): 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Wow..
its a pity that u fail to understand even the basic prophecies about Jesus and why he came as a descendant of David(David's seed).

You're sounding pained, the underlined shows the effect of what you do to Muslims. You quote the verses of the Quran and hadith off context, when the same is done to you, you shout "wow". Address the OP my friend, why did your god run, suck paps, drink shekpe or ogogoro l?! undecided

Unlike mohammed who started concocting things from his convoluted mind and has only himself as a witness.........

Say whatever you like, now face the OP. Refute it, all you do is to beat around the bush. As the Prophet Muhammad is a lone witness according to you, we're OK with that. At least he's far better and superior than god that died like criminal.

On the contra, the prophecies about Christ and his Father, The God of abraham issac and Jacob stretches centuries and has tonnes of prophets and apostles as witnesses eg isaiah, David, samuel, job, amos, moses, mark, paul etc .

**sighs** My problem with you is that you talk too much. How does this garbage you wrote address Truthman2013's questions? Incase you're suffering from amnesia, I repeat the question(you can write the question down on a paper so as you won't forget), why did your god run, suck paps, drink ogogoro?! Please address other questions too from the beginning!

If u don't understand this basic premise and prelude of events about christ then u are truly ignorant.

You're the ignorant one here because you can't address the OP's proclamations and questions. Shows us you aren't ignorant by addressing the OP... Shikena!

U even mock the humble life of christ.

But you're free to mock my God and Prophet right?! undecided If I slap you ehn! You go teleport go Biafra.

[s]Not everyone is like mohammed the rich warlord who ravaged lands and women. Stole from wealthy jews, amassed war booty , extorted jizyah and robbed caravans.[/s]

Shurrup Olodo, address the OP jor!

Mention me when u have done some homework.

The OP gave you an assignment so do it. All what you wrote here is nothing but crap. Please do your homework Mr. Woman

2 Likes

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Abeg, don't waste your time answering these people.

Even Jesus did not reason out logic to people to try to convert them. Instead He depended on His Father.

My intention is not to convert these hardened muslims, but the innocent ones by showing them the truth. Besides, if everybody is silent, the muslims can deceive Christians who have no true knowledge of islam. Recently, a daughter of a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God was converted to islam and when asked why, she said "but we worship the same God". Is that true? It is not enough to teach our children the bible, it is important to let them know the deception in islam which also claims to come from God.

In one of my threads on this forum, a nairalander who came from both Christian and muslim background said his father, a Christian told him islam is also from God. By the time the truth was explained to him, he came back and said "thank you". If he didn't read that thread, such people could easily convert to islam having been given wrong information. It is better to be a norminal Christian than being a muslim. A norminal Christian is closer to heaven than a muslim because of the opportunity to hear God's words, which can eventual make him born again.

The devil is deceitful and in fact allah said he is a deceiver.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2015
Rilwayne001

Was Panic-Stricken: "After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him." (John, 7:1)

I told you Jesus arrestors fell without him touching them, what reason was there for him to panic?

Sometimes he would pass in their midst and they would not see him, what reason was there for him to panic?

That should be enough to tell you he surrendered himself to fulfill his mission.

"God" Walked in Fear of the Jews: "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54)

He just didn't want to be distracted.

"God" Has Shown a Clean Pair of Heels: "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand." (John, 10:39

He escaped because he was yet to finish his mission.

"God" Fled in Disguise: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John, 8:59)

He went through them without anyone seeing him, that is a display of power. He could have done so for his life time if he didn't want to surrender himself.

One of the problems of you muslim is that you lack good understanding of spiritual operations.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
truthman2012:

You always have nothing reasonable to say. What point did you make in that post? So you always do.
refute the op or accept that your religion is baseless!
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
parisbookaddict:

[size=18pt]

Wow..
its a nice that u understand the false prophecies about Jesus and why he came as a descendant of David(David's seed).

If i don't understand the basic premise and prelude of events about christ then i am truly ignorant.

i thought i am the follower of christ.

Not everyone is like paul the liar who deceived me and many christians.

Mention me when i have done my homework.
[/size]
100% correct! shows you know alot about your religion.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
lexiconkabir:
refute the op or accept that your religion is baseless!

Which OP?

Already totally refuted. What else do you still want to hear? Read through all my posts here.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Weah96: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ngasky:
from the above one can deduct that Christians believe Jesus was a normal human being by birth so what is so special about him if had both father and mother as depicted in romans 1:3 and acts 2:30 and talking about his [b]parents[\b] does that mean Mary alone or who and who?
i always thought Christians believe Jesus as a god because of the unusual birth circumstances (no paternal father ) now if this is wrong then why does he became God the son?
lastly please i am confused what is the stand of Christianity on alcohol and drunkenness because almost all the verses i came across consider it as evil or am i missing something?

Alcohol manufacturers have Christian CEOs. You can just ask God to forgive you after drinking. The blood washes away anything including Jack Daniels and vodka.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
truthman2012:

Which OP?

Already totally refuted. What else do you still want to hear? Read through all my posts here.
well all you posted did not address the issue, or may be you should post them again, exactly the same way you recycle your ridiculous questions wink
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
truthman2012:

I told you Jesus arrestors fell without him touching them, what reason was there for him to panic? Sometimes he would pass in their midst and they would not see him, what reason was there for him to panic? That should be enough to tell you he surrendered himself to fulfill his mission.

...you just beating about the bush. I don't need to type much to disprove your delusion. Just tell us why he was so scared according to Matthew 26:39, Luke 22:42, Mark 14:36.

He just didn't want to be distracted. He escaped because he was yet to finish his mission.

...what was is mission if not to die for your sin (according to your believe)?

He went through them without anyone seeing him, that is a display of power. He could have done so for his life time if he didn't want to surrender himself.

..if he can display this power, why did he stop walking openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54) ?

One of the problems of you muslim is that you lack good understanding of spiritual operations.

..do you have holy spirit in you?

..truthman..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
truthman2012:

Which OP?

...ewoo. shocked which kain lie be this? what did you refute?
The major point of this thread is to show you that Jesus (your god) is a normal human being like myself and you. Though he being a Prophet of God is closer to God than us, but THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM GOD ALMIGHTY, so far you are yet to prove otherwise, just ur usual evading of question(s) undecided

..truthman..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
truthman2013:

...ewoo. shocked which kain lie be this? what did you refute?
The major point of this thread is to show you that Jesus (your god) is a normal human being like myself and you. Though he being a Prophet of God is closer to God than us, but THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM GOD ALMIGHTY, so far you are yet to prove otherwise, just ur usual evading of question(s) undecided

..truthman..

Ignorance!

Jesus is a Spirit from God (Quran 21;91). The Spirit of God is God.

Your spirit is you.

Jesus is the word of God (Quran 3:45).

You are what you say. You cannot separate a person from his word.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
truthman2012:

Ignorance!

Your spirit is you.

are you saying jesus is more than a prophet? lets see what deutronomy 18:15 tells us "the lord your God will raise up a PROPHET like ME from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him"(new american standard bible). firstly we know moses is the one speaking, from here we can get two points, moses said "A PROPHET"(as we muslims believe) and he said "LIKE ME" do you believe that moses is God or son of God? moses was an ordinary human.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2015
lexiconkabir:
are you saying jesus is more than a prophet? lets see what deutronomy 18:15 tells us "the lord your God will raise up a PROPHET like ME from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him"(new american standard bible). firstly we know moses is the one speaking, from here we can get two points, moses said "A PROPHET"(as we muslims believe) and he said "LIKE ME" do you believe that moses is God or son of God? moses was an ordinary human.

Am glad you have accepted that the passage is not the prophecy about Muhammad.

Jesus was a prophet because he came in human form but God in the Spirit.

Read more: http://www.answering-islam.org/Nehls/Alkitab/alkit14.html
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

Am glad you have accepted that the passage is not the prophecy about Muhammad.

Jesus was a prophet because he came in human form but God in the Spirit.
was moses divine? no and moses emphasized "LIKE ME" if jesus was to be who you claim he is, moses would have told them that God is coming himself, but what did moses say? he told them that GOD(1) will send a PROPHET(2), we have 2 people here in his talk, but you saying jesus is divine has made moses a liar(God forbid), the site you referred me to(david wood the liar site), i noted 2 things, he said jesus was sent to his people(isrealites) but you people said to the whold word, he used a lock and a key as a demonstration, now we all know that a lock can be opened only by a key, so jesus was an advocate(key) to intercede(open) for his people before God(lock), isnt that a quality of a prophet? sir it is, just like moses was. if he is God, who was he begging mercies from for his people?HIS GOD!
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2015
@truthman2012 if you have a translated quran at home(if you want to know the truth) open those verses which the author of that site hypocritically lifted from the quran, read them completely with the mind of "i want to know the truth" you will see those verses do not suggest that isa/yeshua(jesus to you) is divine BUT a mere messanger of God. the author of the site says you should remember all the miracles he performed in the bible, but you can bear me witness that after each miracle isa/yeshua(jesus to you) performs he use to make it known that his God(father to you) doeth all, so which miracle did he performed all by himself without God's leave? NON, hence he is not divine!
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

Ignorance!

Your spirit is you.

@ lexiconkabir

All you are doing is arguing against the quran. Unless the above quran is incorrect Jesus is more than a prophet.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

@ lexiconkabir

All you are doing is arguing against the quran. Unless the above quran is incorrect Jesus is more than a prophet.
i have talked about this, check your mentions, you say 100% of the quran, are not God's words(God forbid), unlike my belief about the bible, but still you go to my quran and pick things about jesus, isnt that deceptive dont you think? now how can muhammad know so much about jesus without seeing him? like i suggested in your other mention, read these verses in the quran yourself completely, with the mind of "i want to know the truth" you will find out that these verses talks about isa/yeshua(jesus to you) as a mere MESSENGER of God!
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2012(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2015
lexiconkabir:
i have talked about this, check your mentions, you say 100% of the quran, are not God's words(God forbid), unlike my belief about the bible, but still you go to my quran and pick things about jesus, isnt that deceptive dont you think? now how can muhammad know so much about jesus without seeing him? like i suggested in your other mention, read these verses in the quran yourself completely, with the mind of "i want to know the truth" you will find out that these verses talks about isa/yeshua(jesus to you) as a mere MESSENGER of God!

You can believe what you like but the truth remains no other prophets had the attributes of Jesus both in the bible and quran.
Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

You can believe what you like but the truth remains no other prophets had the attributes of Jesus both in the bible and quran.
lol, you cant just say that, say it with an ACCEPTABLE proof.
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

Ignorance!
Your spirit is you.

...absolute BS. First of all you don't believe the Quran. So you have no point using it in validating your confusion by giving it the interpretation that suits your mission. Secondly, a spirit cannot cannot exhibit all the human attributes stated so far on this thread. Therefore, your point again is invalid.

Now, I will allow Jesus answer you on this. According to Luke 24:39,
Jesus said " See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” .

So to cap your delusion, are you saying that Jesus, when he was alive doesn't have flesh and bones Think hard before you answer this.

... Quran 3:47 “Thus it is: God creates what He wills: When he decrees a matter, He only says to it: ‘Be,’ and it is.”

In essence, Jesus is God’s ‘Word’ because he came into existence by God’s Word - ‘Be’ - as the Quran describes in another passage,

“His word which He conveyed unto Mary...” Quran 4:171

..we all are God's word because we came by his command i.e. 'Be' and we were.

..truthman..

2 Likes

Re: The God That Never Was * by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2015
truthman2012:

does that mean moses lied(God forbid!) to have said "LIKE ME" which means the same attributes?
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2015
lexiconkabir:
does that mean moses lied(God forbid!) to have said "LIKE ME" which means the same attributes?

trust me, truthman2012 won't be coming back to this thread. And if he actually did, he will certainly evade all questions directed to him.

..truthman..
Re: The God That Never Was * by estijaz(f): 2:21am On Aug 08, 2015
Please Muslim brodas and sistas,ansa dis question,is d word of God d creator or a creation?I don't nid long stories,just pick one n den I can analyse my point
Re: The God That Never Was * by mustymatic(m): 9:47am On Aug 08, 2015
truthman2012:

Muslims are carnal and cannot understand the things of the Spirit. It is a pity.
And How many of you have the spirit? Liars angry
You wan claim god abi
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 9:54am On Feb 04, 2016
smiley Wassup guyzz
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2016
estijaz:
Please Muslim brodas and sistas,ansa dis question,is d word of God d creator or a creation?I don't nid long stories,just pick one n den I can analyse my point

The word of God is us, for we all came into being by his word/commandment i.e BE and we were. We are all creation of God and not the creator. Jesus also came into existence by his word "BE"
Re: The God That Never Was * by truthman2013: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2016
truthman2013:

trust me, truthman2012 won't be coming back to this thread. And if he actually did, he will certainly evade all questions directed to him.

..truthman..

and the old clown didn't come back.. hehe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10,000 Pakistani Muslims Accept Jesus In One Night Revival / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? / Mountain Of Fire, Fall Down And Die Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.