Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Now Is The Time To Remove Fuel Subsidy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now Is The Time To Remove Fuel Subsidy. (539 Views)

Marketers Ask FG To Remove Fuel Price Cap / Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Now Is The Time To Remove Fuel Subsidy. by deniyor: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
With the world prices of oil currently below $50 per barrel, couple of refineries working, I believe now is the perfect time to remove fuel subsidy.
It will be like taking a 'weaner' from a baby. Yes, there will be initial gra gra, strikes, labour unions shutting down the nation, transport fares skyrocketing etc but People still have jobs to do, they have to survive, families to feed, regular lives to continue. They will eventually get to it and adjust. Prices will too. Market forces will reign and we would survive.

I know this is by no means a popular opinion, but I'd like to get all your opinions on it.

Discuss...
Re: Now Is The Time To Remove Fuel Subsidy. by foxgiovani(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Now Is The Time To Remove Fuel Subsidy. by Ephemmm: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
spaced booked.

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Day (sahara Reporters) / Group Hails Wike, Christian Leaders’ Collaboration / Contractor Sues FG Over Jonathan’s N9.2bn Stoves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.