Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight (27401 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / Soldiers Step Up Their Game:See Pics Of Some Ammunitions Use In Boko Haram Fight / President Buhari Visits Republic Of Benin To Discuss Boko Haram [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Surulere2: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari arrived in neighbouring Cameroon on Wednesday for talks on how to combat the escalating regional threat from Boko Haram Islamists. Security was tight for the 24-hour visit, after a surge of Boko Haram violence in Cameroon including an unprecedented series of five suicide bombings in the far north.

Presidential guard soldiers were posted on rooftops of houses and along the route from the airport to the presidential palace in Yaounde, while vehicles armed with machine-guns patrolled the streets and access to the hotel where Buhari will stay was blocked.

The trip comes a day after Nigeria vowed that a new regional force tasked with fighting the jihadists would go into action soon.
Nigeria’s presidency said Buhari’s talks with Cameroonian President Paul Biya were part of his “ongoing effort to build a more effective regional coalition against Boko Haram”. Boko Haram has stepped up its attacks since Buhari took office in May, unleashing a wave of violence that has claimed 800 lives in just two months.

The Nigerian president has already visited neighbouring Chad and Niger, which have also suffered from attacks by the Islamist fighters. Nigerian military spokesman Major General Chris Olukolade told AFP on Tuesday that the new regional force would be operational “any moment from now”, without giving a specific date.

The 8,700-strong Multi-National Joint Task Force, drawing in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and Benin, is expected to be more effective than the current alliance in the battle to end Boko Haram’s six-year insurgency that has claimed some 15,000 lives. Cameroon itself also announced Tuesday it would be sending 2,000 more troops to the north to take on Boko Haram

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/buhari-arrives-cameroon-to-discuss-boko-haram-fight/#sthash.z2QeqI88.dpuf

Pic credit: https://instagram.com/p/5uCYbbuuxr/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by missbehave247(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Presido tho sure

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by PassingShot(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
Another chance for the wailers to wail.

What shall it profit a man to wail from April 1, 2015 till May 29, 2019 with a possibility to extend his wailing till May 29, 2023?

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by tayebest(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
see swag! Choi...

I can see some people crying till 2019 cheesy cheesy

God bless Nigeria
God bless patriots
God bless president

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Surulere2: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
NIGGA STFU! IF I WERE YOU I WILL JUST KEEP QUIET
PassingShot:
Another chance for the wailers to wail.

What shall it profit a man to wail from April 1, 2015 till May 29, 2019 with a possibility to extend his wailing to May 29, 2023?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by temitemi1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
The traveler aka the honeymoon grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by PassingShot(m): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
[s]
Surulere2:
NIGGA STFU! IF I WERE YOU I WILL JUST KEEP QUIET
[/s]

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by tayebest(m): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
[s]
temitemi1:
The traveler aka the honeymoon grin
[/s]

Fixed as normal... cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by adonbilivit: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
this man is tall tho. My presido whether I like it or not. I wailed when he won initially but I have come to love him now. you now have my #salute and attention sir(general)

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Westadon(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Na so so waka waka, settle down and fulfil just one election promise. 60days gone now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Asito(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
This duara cow will be travelling from place to place. *Him jus dey perambulate and him still dey same same place* #In Fela's voice. angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
We have 3 problems to solve urgently. Security, Corruption and Economy.

If Buhari can successfully dislodge Boko Haram and @ least flush out corruption by 80% then Nigeria would be on the path to greatness

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by donsmall94(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Baba working
Haterz hating
Wailers wailing
I'm cooking up the remaining part of the poem
wink

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Firefire(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wakawaka president...

Your people are been killed everyday and you are flying about in Presidential Jet with nothing to show for it.

Where is the released 4 Billion Naira ?

You already moved the Nigeria Military Command to Borno what else?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by yemitexcel(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
It is well wit us all

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by SouthernBreeze(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Spaxon(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Buhari doesn't understand that u don't negotiate with a terrorist group ...... u only use force to remove them....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by CR77(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
minister of TOURISM aka Paparazzi president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by MarySax(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by DONMAYOR19(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hypocrite president are now doing the same thing they were criticizing GEJ for.

Meanwhile this government is called government of propaganda, by hypocrites, and by photography.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Torch1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Our touring president! We hail thee!
Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
hbd to me. Pls show me some likes since nairaland admi has refused to list me among the today's celebrants on its birthday board list.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Rilwayne001: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Man, see soldiers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by alaoeri: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
PMB seeking diplomatic ties to combat BH, saTANists are wailing. cool

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by weeZee007: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
I guess his wish was"wen I bcome president,I wanna travel round d world" smd

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Titto93(m): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
I know this would be the TRICK PMB will use to SETTLE his boko boys... poliTRICKS.

And for those who will try to bash me, I wish you reason beyond what you see, hear and read.

Where is our PROF d V.P?
Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by okooloyun1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by mencade5(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
daura dullarrd

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight by Opinedecandid(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
APC aka, PHOTO-GOVERNMENT

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Appoints Three New FAAN Directors / Why APC Wanted Lawan As Senate President - Tinubu / Nigerians Challenge FG To Name Beneficiaries Of Abacha Looted Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.