Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant (538 Views)

Double Hand Transplant: Uk's First Was A'success' / World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off / Boy, 8, Becomes Youngest Double-hand Transplant Recipient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by nerfetiti: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
“When I get these hands, I will be proud of what hands I get,And if it gets messed up . . . I don’t care because I have my family.” This were the words of Zion Harvey whose hands and feet were amputated at an early age of 2 due to an infection which caused multiple organ failure.

He made the statement above when he was told that he will no longer be using his prosthetic legs which he has been using ever since the amputation operation.

The little boy has made history of being the first kid to undergo a successful double hand transplant. The operation took place at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and we heard it took 18 months of planning. 12 surgeons, 8 nurses and 3 anesthesiologist made the operation a resounding success.

Zion will have to be on life long medications in other to prevent rejection of the transplant and possible infections.

Source: http://www.ridenattyride.com/meet-the-first-kid-to-receive-double-hand-transplant/

Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by ladyF(f): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wow
Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by ladygudhead(f): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
see how he looks happy.wonderful.
Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
good
Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by kestolove95(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
ok, i've met him.....what next?
Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
This makes you wonder what our self righteousness is all about

Take it or leave it, religion & hypocrisy is our greatest undoing in this part of the world!
Re: Meet The First Kid To Receive Double Hand Transplant by Ariyke: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wow wish iretomiwa could also get his eyes opened again embarassed

(1) (Reply)

40 Facts About Human Body You Didin ’t Know / Discoveries / Speedy Weight Loss Method Of Which Performs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.