Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Conjoined Babies Successfully Underwent Nine-hour Separation... Bagagist.com - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Babies Successfully Underwent Nine-hour Separation... Bagagist.com (713 Views)

James And John Ugwoke: Conjoined Twins In Lagos (Photos) / Conjoined Twins Delivered In Jos Die (graphic Pictures) / Help : I Underwent Appendectomy, I Haven't Been The Same Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conjoined Babies Successfully Underwent Nine-hour Separation... Bagagist.com by olawalehenry(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Two co-joined twins have been successfully separated
Abdullah and Abdulrahman were takenfrom the Republic of
Yemen to Saudi Arabia to be operated on at one of the best
hospitals in the country. The multi-disciplinary medical team
included consultants in anaesthesiology, paediatric,
orthopaedic, plastic surgery and urinary tract surgery as well as nursing and technical staff.

The difficult operation was carried out by a team of high
professional surgeons.
During preliminary tests it was discovered that the twins
shared inner organs, including the intestines. The operation
lasted for more than eight hours and was carried out in nine
stages. A hospital spokesman said, “The bowels needed to
be separated as well as their urinary systems and then the
pelvic bones.”
The surgeons originally gave the twins a 60 to 70 per cent
chance of survival and they were right, the children survived
and are recovering in the paediatric intensive care unit at
the hospital. Saudi Arabia has a team of top surgeons in the
separation of conjoined twins – with 30 successful cases
from more than 18 countries over the past two decades.
Different Days The multi-disciplinary medical team included consultants in anaesthesiology, paediatric, orthopaedic, plastic surgery and urinary tract surgery as well as nursing and technical staff People with similar cases come to Saudi Arabia from all over the world, including the Sudan, Yemen, Egypt, Malaysia, Philippines, Poland, Morocco and Iraq. Last week, ten-month-old conjoined baby girls, from Texas, USA, also survived a world-first operation to separate them!
The children survived and are recovering in the paediatric
intensive care unit at the hospital.

Re: Conjoined Babies Successfully Underwent Nine-hour Separation... Bagagist.com by ennyhollar1(f): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
sub'anallah

(1) (Reply)

A Man Broke His Leg At Work / 3 Things Guys May Not Realize Are Destroying Their Sperm / I Am HIV Positive And I Have No Regrets - Jide Smith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.