Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

My East Africa - South Africa Tour - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My East Africa - South Africa Tour (9766 Views)

Guess which country in East Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2015
grin
Hello my country people, i want to share some nice experience with you on my tour within east Africa and then linked up to South Africa
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 30, 2015
Well for this tour, you need a South African visa and an East African visa

List of east Africa countries I visited
Uganda
Rwanda
Kenya
Tanzania

Now am in South Africa for 3 weeks then back home

1 Like

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2015
The East African visa is easy, apply for a multiple entry online via Rwanda Consulate

https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=233

After applying, you will have to wait for 2 weeks, mind you, you won't pay any money till you get to Rwanda and the fee for the visa is $100.

Please make sure ur visa is approved online before going, if not you might be returned.

Once your visa is approved then flight

Nb: state that you are visiting all east Africa country, that way your visa will be urgently touched. In case response is slow, you can call them
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2015
For my flight bookings I used wakanow and travelstart , you have to know how to do your search, make sure you book a month before your journey.

Preferred carrier should be Kenya Airways

My bookings

lagos - Kigali (Rwanda ) - Kampala (Uganda) - Nairobi (kenya )
Made my bookings thru wakanow on this

In Kenya you can make your bus bookings to Tanzania (Arusha) which is about 4,000naira (1,300 Kenya shillings) and 50 dollars at the Tanzania border for visa on arrival

Nairobi - Johannesburg (South Africa ) - Maputo (Mozambique) - lagos (nigeria )

Book this via travel start

Nb:
You don't need a visa to go to Mozambique
If you take Kenya airways you will always transit via Nairobi every time

1 Like

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Flyoruboy(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Interesting @ OP. Please continue.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Rwanda

Rwanda is a very nice country and the people are lovely and friendly, not sure if this is as a result of the genocide but everything is calm, you walk with dollars at night and no thief will come after you, things are quite expensive in Rwanda and mind you, you will need to learn the basic Swahili

Like Manbo or Jambo to answer this when someone say it to you, you will say por

Night life in Rwanda not much of a thing

Will write more about Rwanda, let's proceed to Uganda

1 Like

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2015
The picture I posted up there is taken at the discovery Rwanda hostel, it's about 19 dollars per night and you will sure meet a lot of people, many white people see Rwanda as their second home
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2015
Uganda

When you get to the airport in ebb be sure to meet with people who see you as a suspect, Uganda is very cheap to live in , with 1 dollars you will sure have about 3,320 Ugandan shillings grin

Ugandan babes likes alcohol and sex , sex is cheap, with 20,000 shillings which is below 10 dollars you will see girls running after you to spend a night . Make sure you stay around kapalagala which is more like surulere, always bubbling, no night sleep in that area. If you need me to suggest hotel, try hotel acacia .

Mind you the immigration are quite hostile to Nigerians because they know most Nigerians go there and don't return .

For clubbing you can try venom very close to the hotel I suggest, or 256 (kololo) nice club with Nigerian gbedu. Nothing like runs girl, all girl Na runs girls .
Old mama sef come groove and u will be surprise and sometimes girls around 13-17 drink alcohol and almost naked. Crazy down there mehn but for me I vote Uganda as the bum in east Africa social life

Next is KenyA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Arusha

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by sholatech(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2015
Very enlightening! I have been to those countries in East Africa. But haven't been to Mozambique as I was told in SA that I will need an entry visa. Eager to get this clarification on this thread.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by free37: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nice.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
Am in cape town now... Just trying to settle down. Will write later
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by cutieme(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
@jayon ,OK bro,I'll be expectant.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by seangy4konji: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
i can save for this towards december....

Op...i deh follow you bumba 2 bumba.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Moana(f): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
We need more pics of the places not playes and plates of food please
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by cutieme(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
@Jayon,we still dey wait make u come tell us o
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by goodieuzo: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
jayon:
Am in cape town now... Just trying to settle down. Will write later
please tell me the expected amount of expenses or budget in naira and country where car hire is cheap.i want to hire some modern car and drive
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by seangy4konji: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
also i did not get how you booked the flights as it seems you booked from two different websites...

Await your reply and i went to the rwanda site and there is no aplication form there any more for online application.
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by winetapper: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2015
sholatech:
Very enlightening! I have been to those countries in East Africa. But haven't been to Mozambique as I was told in SA that I will need an entry visa. Eager to get this clarification on this thread.
Yes you need an Entry Visa and its no longer Visa on arrival.
jayon:

Nb:
You don't need a visa to go to Mozambique
If you take Kenya airways you will always transit via Nairobi every time
please dont spread false info that might make people take risk..
You need a Mozambique Visa before getting here unless you are on Transit. Thank you
cutieme:
@Jayson,bro thanks for the enlightenment but please can u tell us more about eastern countries,their weather and economy and the best place a Nigerian could go and make a living then compare and constast it with SA,thanks.
cutieme:
@Sholatec,please which of those countries Rwanda,Kenya, Tanzania,Uganda is best for migration and hustling for a living?
Go with good Capital dont come here to Hustle it would not show you mercy.. Immigration and Police and also someof their citizen dont have earn well dont know about S.A
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by cutieme(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2015
@winetapper,which of the countries are u?
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2015
winetapper:
Yes you need an Entry Visa and its no longer Visa on arrival. please dont spread false info that might make people take risk..
You need a Mozambique Visa before getting here unless you are on Transit. Thank you Go with good Capital dont come here to Hustle it would not show you mercy.. Immigration and Police and also someof their citizen dont have earn well dont know about S.A

Really funny, I took a bus from South Africa to Mozambique and I didn't have issues with visa . I was visa free to Maputo

I have been to about 25 countries and counting , travel experience matters . Countries like Uganda works with that too
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2015
seangy4konji:
also i did not get how you booked the flights as it seems you booked from two different websites...
Await your reply and i went to the rwanda site and there is no aplication form there any more for online application.

Of course there is application , you can use google if you are not okay with getting the right page on the website ..

Lastly I book from two different website based on the fate price.

I use wakanow and travel start

Wakanow ( lagos- Nairobi- Rwanda- Nairobi - Uganda - Nairobi) approximately 168,000 naira Nairobi to Tanzania (by bus 6,000 naira )

Travel start ( Nairobi - Johannesburg (took a bus to Mozambique through a tour company) - back to Johannesburg- Capetown - Johannesburg- Nairobi - lagos

Am always transiting Nairobi because fly kenya airways
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Capetown 1

Nairobi 2

Don't like putting up my pictures tho

Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by winetapper: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
jayon:

Really funny, I took a bus from South Africa to Mozambique and I didn't have issues with visa . I was visa free to Maputo

I have been to about 25 countries and counting , travel experience matters . Countries like Uganda works with that too
sir please which year?
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by seangy4konji: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
That means you could book a one way when going right?and must have a south african visa also yes?

PS...Whats the final destination for the outgoing flight?sorry for my questions.
jayon:

Of course there is application , you can use google if you are not okay with getting the right page on the website ..

Lastly I book from two different website based on the fate price.

I use wakanow and travel start

Wakanow ( lagos- Nairobi- Rwanda- Nairobi - Uganda - Nairobi) approximately 168,000 naira Nairobi to Tanzania (by bus 6,000 naira )

Travel start ( Nairobi - Johannesburg (took a bus to Mozambique through a tour company) - back to Johannesburg- Capetown - Johannesburg- Nairobi - lagos

Am always transiting Nairobi because fly kenya airways
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by cutieme(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
@Jayson,u never tell us about the best east African to migrate to o ,which of the countries are u with the white dudes and the ones with the cars
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by winetapper: 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
cutieme:
@winetapper,which of the countries are u?
Mozambique
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by cutieme(m): 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
winetapper:
Mozambique
OK bro,please tell me more about the country in terms of economy,weather, currency,job/business and how to get the visa and how much it'll cost,thanks
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by winetapper: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
jayon:

Am not doubting you sir but to avoid others making this mistake one cant get into Mozambique without Visa.. You where able to enter maybe becos you are on tour from South Africa and also with other tourist but as an immigrant you cannot enter without Visa and Mozambique is Not Visa free not even for 30days
Re: My East Africa - South Africa Tour by winetapper: 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
cutieme:
OK bro,please tell me more about the country in terms of economy,weather, currency,job/business and how to get the visa and how much it'll cost,thanks
why do you want to come here ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? / With About #5m... How Can I Leave This Country Legally? / Iata License For A Travel Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.