Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! (1089 Views)

What Is Wrong With UBA? / My Neighbour In COMA After UBA Crash In Port Harcourt / Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by dalemat: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2015
I was at the UBA Ikotun, Arida branch yesterday for the following reasons:

1. to update my profile(phone no, email and house address) as a good citizen.
2. to activate my internet banking
3. to make enquiries about Africash and Africard

it should be noted that I was there some months back and I was told I need a valid means of identification. I left and went to do the national identity registration at alausa and I was given a slip and was told I could use it for any banking transaction.

I returned to the branch and to my surprise I was told it was not recognized only the plastic one was and that I needed to get my BVN.

My understanding about BVN from the adverts and commercial is that it can be used as a means of identification at the bank for any bank transaction. Oh boy!!! I was very wrong and received another shock that I still needed a valid means of identity.(intl passport, drivers licence or PVC).
Of what use is the BVN then is my question?
And when will the new national id card be issued? Well over 9months since I registered.

So, I opted to get my international passport about a week ago. I also armed myself with my nepa receipt and my house rent receipt just to make sure they don’t give me any excuse again.

My brothers and sisters I received another rude shock. At this time I was very angry inside me(for time wasting, money spent for transport and acquiring the passport) all for what but just to update my profile and to make use of africash and get africard.

What was their excuse?
That my passport is less than 6months old. New CBN policy. Can you imagine my anger now? I comported myself though.

There are so many questions begging for answers now.

For someone who just acquired his/her passport or drivers license and does not have a PVC. They should at least make use of his/her nepa bill or house rent receipt to cover for that 6months.

I asked the staff. Does it mean I have to wait for another 6 months before I can be attended to. The staff was unable to answer but said it was CBN policy.

Out of anger, I said I wanted to close my account(I didn’t mean it) I was told that was a process that will take 2weeks and that I will need identification and so on. Can you imagine?

I was really angry yesterday but I am ok now sha.

My questions now are these

1. After going through the stress of BVN what is the use if you still need more identification for banking transaction?
2. After going through the stress of NINS. Of what use is it if it is not recognized in our Nigeria banks? When will the plastic card be issued? More that 9 months since I registered.

My opinion about that 6months policy on means of identification should be waived.

Thank you
sorry mod if i posted in the wrong section
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by INTROVERT(f): 8:57am On Jul 30, 2015
Sorry ABOUT that... BVN won't be online and in use till late next year and here are the reasons....
1. Registrations are still ongoing till toward the end of the year.
2. The BVN are yet to be centralised in a repository by the CBN. I doubt if any one has used BVN in a other bank other than the one you registered it.
3. it is when the registration is over that it will be forwarded to CBN who will then use complex methods to skimm out double and triple registration, fingerprint duplications, etc etc.
4. After all that is done before your BVN can be used nationally.....

CORRECT ME IF AM RIGHT.
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by Florblu(f): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2015
in case.......
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by segzyj(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2015
Nigeria is a JUNGLE

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by adeagbeleniyi: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brother, i feel you jare. I think you should send a mail to cfc@ubagroup.com referring to this post with your details to enable the bank investigate this issue because its not fair. Kai its not fair at all.....
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by Ohans04: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
I understand what you are going through but believe if you need further clarification you should call their contact center or send an email to cfc@ubagroup.com am sure this would help keep your head up and no too dey vex grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by dalemat: 2:50am On Jul 31, 2015
adeagbeleniyi:
Brother, i feel you jare. I think you should send a mail to cfc@ubagroup.com referring to this post with your details to enable the bank investigate this issue because its not fair. Kai its not fair at all.....
Thanks I will look into it
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by dalemat: 2:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Ohans04:
I understand what you are going through but believe if you need further clarification you should call their contact center or send an email to cfc@ubagroup.com am sure this would help keep your head up and no too dey vex grin[color=#770077][/color]
thanks for your concern.
Re: Of What Use Is The Bvn: My Anger With Uba Ikotun Arida Branch.:UPDATE!!!!!!! by dalemat: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
UPDATE TO MY EALIER POST ABOUT UBA

Hello friends, I received a call from someone I believe to be a staff of UBA on Friday the 31st of july with respect to my post on nairaland as regards my experience in one of their branches at ikotun.

He apologized to me and promised to call the branch manager to help me look into the matter.

In the afternoon of today Monday the 3rd of August, I received a phone call from a staff (maybe the manager) apologizing and promised to get the issue resolved if I could come over to the branch with my passport and other documents.

Immediately, I got prepared and arrived at bank branch. I met with him and explained to me about security issues and stuff like that and told me the issue will be resolved immediately I finished with my other enquiries(africard and africash).

I was directed to another staff who now attended to me. To cut the whole story short, I am pleased to tell everyone that my details as been updated as I am now able to receive alert on my phone now.(GODWIN)

As for the internet banking, I was told I would receive an alert in 2 days time. I also applied for the UBA Africard and was told I would receive an alert by Friday.

So I must say that I am happy now and longer have the intention of closing my account again(LOL)

I must say that nairaland is a forum/platform that really facilitate the resolution of issues. I never really thought this issue could be resolved that soon. I was like to begin waiting for another 6months(LOL)

Anyway, to all who contributed and viewed my post I want to say a BIG THANK YOU.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Binary Trading. / Strictly for anyone looking for a reliable source of income / What You Need To Know About LASER Dot ONLINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.