Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? (1668 Views)

Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? / Should She Take The Offer Or Not / Who Elsh Got This Offer Or Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Please a friend needs a help. My friend with HND got a job in a bake house tru the agent. D job is 40k but he would give the agent 50% of his first salary. But the work is just a night duty for now and it starts by 10pm and ends by 12noon the next day (14hrs).

So please,should he consider this offer or he should look for a better offer? Though I told him that I'm not really confortable with it, but I still need your advice. He's not working for now though.
Please house, I need your advice because he meant to resume last night,but its not late yet.
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Only if staying at home will foot his bills, then he should fashy the job.. #MyKobo

2 Likes

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by AderibigbeAAA(m): 10:45am On Jul 30, 2015
staying at home will not get him 40k, n since the work is 10pm to 12pm....he will have better opportunity to attend interview for other jobs during the days.

He should also consider T fare too.

1 Like

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2015
There's no job interview that's done in d afternoon or evening, there is,bt its rare...... D T fare n feeding is less dan 15k, that's wat he told me tho.... But his worry is d 50% of his 1st salary dat d agent is asking 4.
AderibigbeAAA:
staying at home will not get
him 40k, n since the work is 10pm to 12pm....he will have better opportunity to attend interview for other jobs during the days.

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by AderibigbeAAA(m): 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mekzmoney:
There's no job interview that's done in d afternoon or evening, there is,bt its rare...... D T fare n feeding is less dan 15k, that's wat he told me tho.... But his worry is d 50% of his 1st salary dat d agent is asking 4.

Even If the job interview is scheduled for 10am, he can either ask for a shift in time or take permission from where is working to leave work early like 7am as against 12noon.

even if the agent get 50% that is 20k for just the first month. he still has 20k of which T fare n feeding is still 15k. Then after that, he can earn his full 40k.

Guy, He should take the job, saving 20k a month is not a small money and the work experience he will go a long way to in getting him better job in the future.

If I may ask:
What the course of study?
Grade of the degree ?

2 Likes

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Nature129(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
AderibigbeAAA:
staying at home will not get him 40k, n since the work is 10pm to 12pm....he will have better opportunity to attend interview for other jobs during the days.

Don't go there. If you ever work in the production section of a night shift job, you'll realise that you'll use all mornings to sleep until it is time to go to work again.

From your comment, I am convinced you haven't done a night, well, I have.

Night jobs suck!

5 Likes

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by lionphil(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Please a friend needs a help. My friend with HND got a job in a bake house tru the agent. D job is 40k but he would give the agent 50% of his first salary. But the work is just a night duty for now and it starts by 10pm and ends by 12noon the next day (14hrs).

So please,should he consider this offer or he should look for a better offer? Though I told him that I'm not really confortable with it, but I still need your advice. He's not working for now though.
Please house, I need your advice because he meant to resume last night,but its not late yet.

Only 20k and for only the first month?? Some peeps pay more than that before a job is offered and yet still don't get the job. Some peeps will pay more than that upfront just to secure that same job. He has been guaranteed the job already and all he needs to do is pay 20k after starting....I'm not encouraging such acts oh but I think it is a very fair deal.

This Ur guy that's complaining sef, how much does he earn in a month without a job. That same place he gets that money from, he can still get some money from there while he's trying to stabilize over the 2ND month. He should take it and try to get something better

1 Like

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by LaurelP(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Slavery!!

1 Like

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by jashar(f): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
Na wa ooo...
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2015
lionphil:

Only 20k and for only the first month?? Some peeps pay more than that before a job is offered and yet still don't get the job. Some peeps will pay more than that upfront just to secure that same job. He has been guaranteed the job already and all he needs to do is pay 20k after starting....I'm not encouraging such acts oh but I think it is a very fair deal.

This Ur guy that's complaining sef, how much does he earn in a month without a job. That same place he gets that money from, he can still get some money from there while he's trying to stabilize over the 2ND month. He should take it and try to get something better

What about the timing? Wrking 14hrs everyday.... 10pm at night till 12noon d next day.
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Exactly..... If its normal working hours job,like 8hrs or 10hrs max, I wouldn't hav bothered. But 14hrs and d agent sleeping all nyt would still demand 4 50% of his 1st salary... Azuming he gets anoda job after 1mnth, dat wud hav been a wasted effort.
LaurelP:
Slavery!!
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2015
He hasn't ... Tnx.
Nature129:

Don't go there. If you ever work in the production section of a night shift job, you'll realise that you'll use all mornings to sleep until it is time to go to work again.

From your comment, I am convinced you haven't done a night, well, I have.

Night jobs suck!
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Met/Mats Engineering.... 2:2.... He's nt planning to wrk there 4long tho.
AderibigbeAAA:

Even If the job interview is scheduled for 10am, he can either ask for a shift in time or take permission from where is working to leave work early like 7am as against 12noon.

even if the agent get 50% that is 20k for just the first month. he still has 20k of which T fare n feeding is still 15k. Then after that, he can earn his full 40k.

Guy, He should take the job, saving 20k a month is not a small money and the work experience he will go a long way to in getting him better job in the future.

If I may ask:
What the course of study?
Grade of the degree ?
Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by lionphil(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2015
Mekzmoney:

What about the timing? Wrking 14hrs everyday.... 10pm at night till 12noon d next day.

To be frank, 12 noon is a long stretch...I'm sure the guy that wants to work isn't considering that. His bone of contention is the 20k he will have to give the agent. Since it's just the 20k, I feel he should give it to the man and keep on working.

1 Like

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by scarplanet(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2015
Mekzmoney:

I know many people here will ask him to take the job because he is currently unemployed; but the truth of the matter is that this just can be likened to modern day slavery with just peanut (40k) to show for it.

Like someone rightly mentioned above, only a person that hasn't done a night job will advice him to take the job - and for 14 hours? Common!

Picture the scenario; close work by 12pm, if he is lucky without traffic he gets home by 1pm. The next agenda is to sleep till 7pm (atleast); he wakes up dresses and goes to work by 8pm. Sometimes, he might even sleep for less than that (this could affect him health wise). Isn't that such a boring and fruitless life to live everyday? He wouldn't even have time for himself, friends, family, gf/wife, career, no chance to even look out for other jobs! And the pathetic thing is that he has just 40k to show for this.

My brother, kindly tell him to reject such slavery... Everyone advising him to take the job doesn't make it the right course of action!
Shallom

2 Likes

Re: Should He Consider This Offer Or Wait For A Better Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Tnx so much.. Dats exactly what I told him but he tot I didn't want him to wrk. Dats Y I brot it here 2hear 4rm d house.... He might even stay more dan 12pm if d work is much or waiting to hand over.... I really appreciate ur piece of advice.

scarplanet:

I know many people here will ask him to take the job because he is currently unemployed; but the truth of the matter is that this just can be likened to modern day slavery with just peanut (40k) to show for it.

Like someone rightly mentioned above, only a person that hasn't done a night job will advice him to take the job - and for 14 hours? Common!

Picture the scenario; close work by 12pm, if he is lucky without traffic he gets home by 1pm. The next agenda is to sleep till 7pm (atleast); he wakes up dresses and goes to work by 8pm. Sometimes, he might even sleep for less than that (this could affect him health wise). Isn't that such a boring and fruitless life to live everyday? He wouldn't even have time for himself, friends, family, gf/wife, career, no chance to even look out for other jobs! And the pathetic thing is that he has just 40k to show for this.

My brother, kindly tell him to reject such slavery... Everyone advising him to take the job doesn't make it the right course of action!
Shallom

(1) (Reply)

Chiroads Group - Vacancy For An Accountant In Abuja / Federal Government Jobs Recruitment In Nigeria - Federal Government Jobs Recruit / If U Hv The Opportunity To Live In PH, Lag And Abj Which Will U Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.