Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. (1423 Views)

Only Christ's Atonement Satisfies God - Joseph Prince / Day Of Atonement / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
In Islam sins are mistakes which you do,
and by saying sorry to God He will forgive you. In addition our good deeds take away our bad deeds (sura 11:114) - but if a man rapes a woman then builds a mosque, how can this restore honour to the woman? It is little incentive to do good.

Sin dishonours the King of Kings and
since according to islam, we are God's slaves (sura 19:30) we must respect Him and accept punishment for dishonoring Him. It does not matter whether we have committed many or few sins - a small stone is just as likely to sink in the sea as a big one because they both share a stony nature. In the operating theatre it does not matter whether the scalpel has been contaminated by one germ or millions, it is no longer sterile. The penalty for sin is death (Ezk 18:4, Rom 6:23) and God cannot lie (Num 23:19, Rom 3:4).

Everything on earth must perish, and
flesh and blood cannot inherit the
Kingdom of God (I Cor 15:50); only God lasts for ever (sura 55:26-27).Atonement is therefore necessary because we are not good enough to earn a place in Heaven by our own merits.

God has decreed that the life of an animal is in its BLOOD (Lev 17:10) and the institution of animal sacrifices is a visual aid to understand atonement -
without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins (Heb 9:22).

The question remains, how can the blood of a perishable lamb redeem a human, who is also perishable (Heb 9:9,
10:1,10:3) - perishable cannot inherit the imperishable. The only blood which truly has power to take away sins is IMPERISHABLE BLOOD, and if God incarnate in human flesh He would have IMPERISHABLE BLOOD , which alone is sufficient to take away the sins of the world once and for ALL (John 1:29).

WHAT'S THE QURAN SAY ABOUT SIN ATONMENT ?
There are two important clues in the
Qur'an to this.In sura 5:27 we learn that Abel's sacrifice (of BLOOD, Gen 4:4) was accepted by God whereas Cain's sacrifice (vegetables, Gen 4:3) was not sufficient.
Secondly in 37:107 we read that Abraham's son(Isaac/ishmael) was 'ransomed by a momentous sacrifice', referring to the substitution by God of a ram instead of the boy in Gen 22:13-14. The question is :

Why was it necessary for God to provide
a substitute to SAVE THE BOY LIFE ?

More importantly, why was the ram
described as momentous (Arabic al-
Azzim - this is one of the ninety-nine
Names of God in the Qur'an). How could
a ram be greater than a human being,
unless it was a representation of an
altogether greater sacrifice to come, that
of Jesus Christ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by tartar9(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s]In Islam sins are mistakes which you do,
and by saying sorry to God He will forgive you. In addition our good deeds take away our bad deeds (sura 11:114) - but if a man rapes a woman then builds a mosque, how can this restore honour to the woman? It is little incentive to do good.

since according to islam, we are God's slaves (sura 19:30) we must respect Him and accept punishment for dishonoring Him. It does not matter whether we have committed many or few sins - a small stone is just as likely to sink in the sea as a big one because they both share a stony nature. In the operating theatre it does not matter whether the scalpel has been contaminated by one germ or millions, it is no longer sterile. The penalty for sin is death (Ezk 18:4, Rom 6:23) and God cannot lie (Num 23:19, Rom 3:4).

Kingdom of God (I Cor 15:50); only God lasts for ever (sura 55:26-27).Atonement is therefore necessary because we are not good enough to earn a place in Heaven by our own merits.

God has decreed that the life of an animal is in its BLOOD (Lev 17:10) and the institution of animal sacrifices is a visual aid to understand atonement -

The question remains, how can the blood of a perishable lamb redeem a human, who is also perishable (Heb 9:9,
10:1,10:3) - perishable cannot inherit the imperishable. The only blood which truly has power to take away sins is IMPERISHABLE BLOOD, and if God incarnate in human flesh He would have IMPERISHABLE BLOOD , which alone is sufficient to take away the sins of the world once and for ALL (John 1:29).

Qur'an to this.In sura 5:27 we learn that Abel's sacrifice (of BLOOD, Gen 4:4) was accepted by God whereas Cain's sacrifice (vegetables, Gen 4:3) was not sufficient.
Secondly in 37:107 we read that Abraham's son(Isaac/ishmael) was 'ransomed by a momentous sacrifice', referring to the substitution by God of a ram instead of the boy in Gen 22:13-14. The question is :

of Jesus Christ?[/s]
*sighs*
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
tartar9:
*sighs*
good, stay mute if you don't have anything to say.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Why are you so obsessed with Islam, go and sort out the massive confusion in your Christianity.

Thanks.

smiley
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by plainbibletruth: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Frosbel, it would appear to me that you are the one who is disillusioned and need a lot of sorting out to do.

1 Like

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:
Why are you so obsessed with Islam, go and sort out the massive confusion in your Christianity.

Thanks.

smiley
I pray you make peace with God before its too late. Thank you.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by Anas09: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
And Frosbel, are you not suppose to be an atheist? Why are you so obssessed with religion? There's no God as far as u r concern, so why are u always here, putting ur nose where it doesn't belong? Go get a life some where else. You will never find me in an Atheist corner, in case they ve a corner. So shu shu shu, go away already. You are an irritant.

1 Like

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
I pray you make peace with God before its too late. Thank you.

Peace with God comes through obedience, do you agree ?
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Anas09:
And Frosbel, are you not suppose to be an atheist? Why are you so obssessed with religion? There's no God as far as u r concern, so why are u always here, putting ur nose where it doesn't belong? Go get a life some where else. You will never find me in an Atheist corner, in case they ve a corner. So shu shu shu, go away already. You are an irritant.

no I am a believer in God who is exposing the hypocrisy and fallacies of Christianity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:

Peace with God comes through obedience, do you agree ?
YES, obedience to his word (Jesus) . Do you agree?
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:

no I am a believer in God who is exposing the hypocrisy and fallacies of Christianity.
you doesent understand the teaching of Christianity mean its fallacy? Do you think God is incapable of empower Mary to have the virgin birth?
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
you doesent understand the teaching of Christianity mean its fallacy? Do you think God is incapable of empower Mary to have the virgin birth?

Jesus was not born from a virgin birth.

1 Like

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:

the bible say otherwise. Can you proved this ?
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by hahn(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
malvisguy212:

Are you doing this on purpose?

Even primary school students don't write like this
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:

you did not answer my question, is it impossible for God to performed the miracle of the virgin birth ?

I know you don't believe in the bible anymore, If I want to proved the bible is the word of God by providing for you scientific , archaeological,prophetic and historical evidence , I can do it but you see , others religion can do the same and we will end up confusing the viewers, but the MAIN evidence of knowing the true God is by personal relationship, islam claimed Allah is the same God of the christians , but I have ask many muslims both online and face to face conversation, if any one have had a personal relationship with this God, or encounter Him , the answer I usually got was a resounding NO infacte even muhammed, we cannot for sure know if he hear directly from God. It will make no sense for God to create this world and command mankind to worship Him alone and Love others without revealing Himself to one or two people, don't you think ? From Adam to Jesus , they all have personal relationship with God , does it mean after the ressurection of Jesus God stop revealing himself to mankind ?

My name is Moses, so far so good All the days of my life being a christian, I have had a personal relationship with God , He say to me and I quote " you are my son and I love you" first time I saw him was a bright and shining light and the second was a lamb.that is why I am still a christian ,All the noise the atheists are making here mean nothing to me.

Thank you.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
hahn:

Are you doing this on purpose?

Even primary school students don't write like this
I will take your correction.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by truthman2012(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:
Why are you so obsessed with Islam, go and sort out the massive confusion in YOUR Christianity.

Thanks.

smiley

That shows you are no more a part of the body of Christ, it is a pity. I pray that God in His mercy will restore you. Of a truth, I feel like crying. I say again, God will restore you in Jesus name.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by truthman2012(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
frosbel:

How do you know this?
Can you prove from the bible?
Even muslims you seem to be supporting now believe in the virgin birth of Jesus.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
truthman2012:

That shows you are no more a part of the body of Christ, it is a pity. I pray that God in His mercy will restore you. Of a truth, I feel like crying. I say again, God will restore you in Jesus name.
I am soo sad for him , I pray God restored him back.

2 Likes

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 11:02am On Jan 29, 2016
malvisguy212:

of Jesus Christ?
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by truthman2012(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
malvisguy212:

of Jesus Christ?

An intelligent and a well researched thread. Weldone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by tartar9(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
malvisguy212:

of Jesus Christ?
better than transferring my sins to someone else
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
tartar9:

better than transferring my sins to someone else
you cannot deny the truth in the op. If a muslim molest little child, he just have to outweight his sin with Goods deed just to atoned for his sin. that is the lies you wanted to hear.
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by unphilaz(m): 5:09am On Jan 30, 2016

frosbel

Noted... which God... ? unphilaz believes in Christ...tartar believes in Allah.. Frosbel believes in "UNKNOWN GOD"
Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by unphilaz(m): 5:12am On Jan 30, 2016
malvisguy212:

of Jesus Christ?

Interesting...

1 Like

Re: 'why The Atonement? Sin Atonement In Islam. by malvisguy212: 8:57am On Jan 30, 2016
unphilaz:

Noted... which God... ? unphilaz believes in Christ...tartar believes in Allah.. Frosbel believes in "UNKNOWN GOD"
He is the most confused nairalander in here.

(1) (Reply)

As a christian,I feel cheated whenever I come across this (picture) / There Is A Grand Plan To Wipe Out Christians — CAN General Secretary / I am amazed by what Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, others are doing –Benny Hinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.