Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! (51346 Views)

Create A Pool Of Encouragement, Enthusiasm And Motivation For Yourself / TEAM PROCTOR[INSPIRATION AND Motivation]-unleashing All Hidden Potentials-#hftf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by joywendy(f): 6:47am On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
joywendy:
cheesy

Totally subscribed! Every successful person must show some vestige of madness. You really can't make it being normal.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
jurist21:
I Thank Preye and Everyone of you, for your beautiful contributions to this tread, had read through from the very beginning till now, and am impressed, am motivated, am inspired.
Blessed are those who dream Dreams, and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Thanks everyone

Thanks for finding this thread meaningful. We're encouraged by those gracious words of yours.

Our aim is to inspire people into taking positive actions that will transform their lives literally. That's the purpose of this thread.

We must be ready to pay the needed price to bring our dreams into reality. We must ACT before our dreams become reality. If we're NOT willing to pay the price, then our dreams will remain DREAMS .

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
joywendy:
Wow! Been a while I dropped something here...

The best things in life are the most expensive. Why? Simple, nothing good comes cheap. It is a wide known fact, anything that is good that comes easy or cheap is worth questioning. What's the lesson here? In life, the only way to actually get to that dream/goal is to fight for it. The thing with most people is that, they have dreams but then instead of working smart to get where they want to be, they relax thinking that things will just automatically turn to their favour. When things don't go as expected they begin to question their very existence.

Fear also is another factor, some have big dreams that they fear that the dreams they have is too big enough to handle. No dream is ever too big,your thoughts towards them is the problem! Not the dream itself. You have to change the way you see yourself and have a positive mindset that you can be and do anything you want.

To achieve that dream, you have to take that step.It is going to involve you taking risks and being able to adapt to any situation you find yourself. Of course you may say it is easier said than done, but like I said nothing good comes easy. You have to Wake up from that fear land, take a look at the mirror and tell yourself ' I can do it, I m the change I seek' and start to plan towards that dream.

Happy new month to everyone smiley

Wow! Great and inspiring words.

I can do it. I'm the change I seek. I can do it. I'm going to take that bold action. No more fear. No more waiting and hesitating.

Happy New Month too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
The three "grin" ingredients required for success are DISCIPLINE, DETERMINATION and DILIGENCE.

Without them, there can never be success. Without them, even genius is grossly inadequate.

We must pay the price of discipline, determination and diligence in order to succeed. There are no shortcuts to real success.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
The first step towards achieving greatness is assuming TOTAL responsibility for whatever that happens in YOUR life.

Till you have come to that vital realisation, you'll never take the actions that will bring greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dedicated to my only crush, and one random guy named robinhez.

Do you want some money?

Well, getting money is not difficult. In fact, getting anything isn't really that difficult. What is always difficult is changing your perspective. And the fact that this change is complicated only makes things harsher.

People every day struggle for financial freedom. Yet few find it. Why? Because in every case, only a few people know what money really is.

So what is money, really?
Money is really a means to an end. It is a wall. An obstacle. Masqueraded as a valuable item. Ask yourself what you really want the money for and you will find that this is exactly what you want.
That car you want to buy. That house you want to build, is really what you want. That nice retirement, your kids having degrees, that is what you really want. So, why waste all your life trying to find money?

You can't eat money, you can't sleep on it, it's practically useless to you. Except that it is what you need to get what you want.
Once you realize this, it's only a matter of time before you realize that everybody else is in the same position. Deep down, they don't really care about money. They're just not smart enough to realize it. What they really want is what they can get with money.

So . . . what if you gave them what they wanted? What if you had something they wanted?
They would readily part with their money to get what they want. And you, would in turn, move one step closer to what you wanted.

And that's really how it works. The key is not to look for collect money. The key is to look for easier and more efficient ways to offer service to people so that they will READILY give you their money.
Money runs away from people who chase at it. But readily flows to people who are cool with it.

That's why robbers never stop. Because no matter how much they steal, money keeps running away from them. It's for a similar reason that people never seem to stop working. They are all looking for money. Instead of looking for a way to satisfy other people, so they can be REWARDED with money.

So, my little advice for you now is, of you want to get rich, stop thinking of how to get money, and start thinking of how you can give people what they want for a reasonable price.

This is an humble submission.

*bows out.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok uhm... Here's a short one.

'A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle'- Kahlil Gibran.

Happy new month y'all. And nice thread Op...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ok uhm... Here's a short one.

'A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle'- Kahlil Gibran.

Happy new month y'all. And nice thread Op...

What's the use of knowledge if it's not acted upon? Without activity, we can achieve almost nothing.

Happy New Month to you, too!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Stephanie75(f): 6:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Someone once said, "The door to opportunity is always labeled either PUSH OR PULL".

So, don't just stand by and expect the door of opportunity to open for you. That DOOR is waiting for a PUSH or a PULL from you.

Have a wonderful day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hibiscuss:

You re full of wisdom.

Thanks bro. Please do not fail to share your inspiring and encouraging words with us.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 04, 2015
The book you don't read, won't help. Read a book today.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2015
Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb. You may never reach the summit; for that you will be forgiven. But if you don't make at least one serious attempt to get above the snow line, years layer you will find yourself lying on your deathbed, and all you will feel is emptiness.

Culled from www. Jamesclear.com!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2015
I think one of the most tragic places you could ever visit is a cemetery, not because of the people who are buried there but because of what is buried within the people who are buried there: books and songs that were never written, sermons that were never preached, forgiveness that was never granted, inventions that were never developed—so much potential that was never realized. So much has been buried and lost for all eternity because someone was afraid of being hurt, afraid of criticism, afraid of rejection, afraid of financial difficulty or physical danger.--Evang Daniel Kolenda

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2015
Awesome thread the best I have seen so far.... Thanks Dearpreye Who ever you are smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2015
Mystiq07:
I think one of the most tragic places you could ever visit is a cemetery, not because of the people who are buried there but because of what is buried within the people who are buried there: books and songs that were never written, sermons that were never preached, forgiveness that was never granted, inventions that were never developed—so much potential that was never realized. So much has been buried and lost for all eternity because someone was afraid of being hurt, afraid of criticism, afraid of rejection, afraid of financial difficulty or physical danger.--Evang Daniel Kolenda

Yeah, the most VALUABLE spot on EARTH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Mystiq07:

What a terrible situation! The grave is the most potentially talented place in the earth.

A lot of factors are responsible for people going back to the grave without emptying themselves out for the benefits of society. Fear. Lack of vision. Lack of discipline. Lack of courage. Lack of perseverance. Ignorance of their calling and purpose. Etc.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
Mystiq07:
Awesome thread the best I have seen so far.... Thanks Dearpreye Who ever you are smiley

You're welcome, my dear. We look towards reading great and warming comments from you.

Have a great weekend.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Everyone must try and understand what SUCCESS really means to them,if they must live a meaningful life.

What's success to you? What does it mean to be successful according to you? Is it all about money? You must identify what success means to you.

I've always known there's so much more to life and success than money. Money isn't necessarily success. Any thief can own money from their dubious and heinous business. Criminal and corrupt politicians have stolen wealth stacked up in their foreign accounts. To me, I don't see these corrupt thieves as successful folks.

It also goes beyond having a degree. Anyone can buy one here in Nigeria. Anyone can cram or pay their ways through school to acquire a degree.

So, what does it mean to be successful?

I used to think securing an admission into the higher Institution was the biggest achievement back then, and that there won't be much after that. Of course, I was overjoyed momentarily when I secured the admission. Soon the joy waned and it dawned on me there's still more to be done to be successful.

I graduated. I then thought securing a job would be all. I was once again proved wrong. I got the job, followed by sting emotions of happiness and joy, and then months later it became the same feeling of emptiness within. Life's far more than just getting a job.

The summary is, the real end of lives is to identify what truly challenges and inspires us, pursue it with ALL our best, not just for the financial reward but because it gives some rewards that outweigh the financial rewards. If our sole purpose is to chase and make money, without a clear cut reason for that chase, I can guarantee you we shall be gnashing our teeth in regret on our deathbeds.

Seek out your purpose; therein lies your life and wealth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
A new week beckons. It's time to live a targeted and purposeful life. Set goals.

Learning to set goals is the master skill of success. Without goals your life is like a boat without a rudder. You drift along with the current, inevitably crashing onto the rocks time and time again.

Proper goal setting puts you in a speedboat and gives you a target to steer toward. You will go directly to your destination and arrive with great speed.

What are your goals?
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
This week and beyond, do more work than your paid for. Give your best. Give your all.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by zonax(m): 4:07am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 07, 2015
You are the one who is creating your life the way it is. Your life, up to this point, is the result
of all your past thoughts and actions.

If this hasn't been your ideal life, consider today a
wake up call to wake up the power of choosing.

You control your current thoughts and feelings. You control what you do and what you say.

You control what you feed your mind. You control who you hang out with. You control the
food you put into your mouth. Every action is under your control.

To be more successful, you just have to act in ways that produce more of what you want.

You only have this one life to live. No matter your age, you still have the power to take your
life in any direction you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
If you want to move to a higher level of life, you have to be willing to let go of some of your old ways of thinking and adopt new ones. The results will eventually speak for themselves!

The greatest discovery I've made in my life is the reality that by altering my thought process, I'm altering my life.

Change your thinking; change your life.

Good night!
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 09, 2015
Good morning all. Hope you had some great rest? You can't achieve your dreams without soundness oof health. Health is wealth. Rest is good.

I want to share some lessons I learned yesterday from a business meeting a friend of mine invited me to.

Having just returned from night shift, I was having some rest when the message of invitation landed on the phone. The meeting was scheduled for 1100 hours, and since he's someone I respect, plus being one of my motivators and mentors, I quickly dressed up and went. The venue wasn't that far from my home.

During the course of the network marketing meeting, I struggled to keep myself awake. It was like I was going to lose both my sleep and any benefits from the lesson! LOL! At a point I stood up and walked around for some moments, all in a bid to keep myself focused on the meeting. Seriously, on a few occasions I briefly dozed off!

And then all of a sudden the facilitator made a statement that jolted me back to reality. In fact it kept me awake thoughtout the meeting. He said SHOW THE POOR MAN WHAT SACRIFICES THE RICH MADE TO BE SUCCESSFUL, AND THE POOR MAN WILL CHOOSE TO REMAIN POOR! While he was talking I kept pondering on the import and truism of those words.

Many people really will want to be wealthy and successful but they're not ready and willing to pay the enormous sacrifices that wealth and success demands. Being successful require that we change our lifestyles, thinking, habits and culture. We must pay huge sacrifices of discipline, determination and diligence to be successful.

The poor want to be like the rich but aren't willing to behave and act like the rich. They still want to waste more hours on the bed. They still want to spend their on their wants, not needs. They still don't want to invest, take risks, budgets and occasionally say NO to even legitimate needs. They're simply not ready to change to make room for their success. They cannot succeed till they change.

Show me one truly successful person who didn't pay monumental sacrifices to be successful! Bill Gates. Warren Buffet. Carlos Slim. Bishop Oyedepo. Mention them! They all paid huge sacrifices to become successful.

Though I didn't get much of anything else from the meeting, I had learned a great lesson from those words. I left the place better than I had arrived there. Plus, I was given a great book tilted Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker!

Cc; joywendy, mikwus, freeage7, bare1.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Mikwus(f): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Thank you for this gift, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker! I've gotten it on PDF.

The truth is "It is never enough to stare up the steps-We MUST also step up the stairs"

being WEALTHY encompasses all; change in mindset(Mind shift), change in way of life etc. Most rich men aren't just rich, they are WEALTHY, that is what we should aim for.

Wealth- He is satisfied,content, fulfilled and above all is peaceful inside out.

Isn't this where GOD wants us? my dear friend dearpreye.

Thanks for the mention. Great write up. Have a wowdaful day and keep being inspired

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Mikwus:
Thank you for this gift, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker! I've gotten it on PDF.

The truth is "It is never enough to stare up the steps-We MUST also step up the stairs"

being WEALTHY encompasses all; change in mindset(Mind shift), change in way of life etc. Most rich men aren't just rich, they are WEALTHY, that is what we should aim for.

Wealth- He is satisfied,content, fulfilled and above all is peaceful inside out.

Isn't this where GOD wants us? my dear friend dearpreye.

Thanks for the mention. Great write up. Have a wowdaful day and keep being inspired

My dear, that's exactly where God wants US to be. A place beyond mere physical money. A place of content. Fulfilment. Making others happy. Plus some cool billions. A balanced life. That's where we all should desire to be.

Thanks for the words. You may need to explain to me the meaning of the words in quote in your reply.

It's being a great day already.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2015
[sub][/sub]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by xtreme07(m): 7:21am On Sep 12, 2015
What a thread!...God bless the OP for this wonderful piece.

Here is a quick one....."When Opportunity Meets Preparation Success Is Inevitable"

BTW... What are the steps and habit to imbibe so one's written and oral command of english can be top notch?

Cc dear preye, mystiq and others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
xtreme07:

Here is a quick one....."When Opportunity Meets Preparation Success Is Inevitable"

BTW... What are the steps and habit to imbibe so one's written and oral command of english can be top notch?

Thanks for coming to this corner. We're glad you found this place worth the visit. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Yes. Success is opportunity meeting preparation. Many have a negative or misinformed opinion over success and opportunity. But the simple fact is, we must be prepared at ALL times. Opportunities will keep coming over and over again. In fact, the quote is what you'll find as soon as my IPad comes on.

Well, to become a better speaker and writer of the English language, one must read VERY wide, write a lot no matter how poor and drab it may be....

Lemme invite mentorandfriend and MizMyColi here. They will surely have something to say about it.

Thanks brother. You're always welcome to this space. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by ogaofficer(m): 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
You are blessed for this wonderful question.
xtreme07:

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by beautifullll1(f): 6:31am On Sep 13, 2015
This is rare talent..... keep it up guys....

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / 11 Nigerians Who Work At Twitter Headquarters, San Francisco (Photos) / GT Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Guaranty Trust Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.