Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,155 members, 7,852,944 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai (453 Views)

No Security Vote Appropriated To Me - El-rufai Tells Dogara / Bishop Arrested In Warri For Sponsoring Avengers / Tinubu Unleashed Media Against Buhari, Says I'm In Charge! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai by Richhommie(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2015

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has alleged that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is sponsoring media publications against him for recommending the scrapping of the corporation.
He spoke when the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) Hajiya Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, handed over the dossier on the sharp practices in the corporation to him at the Government House in Kaduna on Wednesday.
According to El-Rufai, NNPC has become a monster and too powerful, and he would continue to fight the corporation until it dies for Nigeria to survive.
“It is either Nigerians kill NNPC or NNPC kills Nigeria. Since I called for the death of NNPC, the corporation has been sponsoring articles to attack me. But, I am telling the NNPC that my skin is thicker than an elephant. NNPC can’t bribe us, I mean we, the four governors,” he assured.
El-Rufai is one of the four governors appointed by National Economic Council (NEC) to investigate the management of accounts of NNPC and the Excess Crude Account (ECA) by the past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
The committee of four has the mandate to unravel the whereabouts of the N3.8trillion not remitted to the Federation Account by NNPC between year 2012 and May 2015 as well as the $2.1bn said to have been deducted from the ECA without proper authorisation by the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC).
In her presentation on the billions of dollars of oil revenue not remitted to the Federation Account by the NNPC, Hajiya Zainab said about 160million barrels of oil, valued at $13.7 billion were stolen between 2009 and 2012, adding that there was no proof that the $11.631billion subsidy payment captured from 2005-2012 was remitted into the Federation Account by the corporation.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/61410-nnpc-sponsoring-media-against-me-el-rufai
Re: Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai by Unsad(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Blame game
Re: Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai by ichoku2015: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
This MIDGET ABI NA DWARF has come again!
Re: Nnpc Sponsoring Media Against Me – El-rufai by IYADARA(f): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
wink

(1) (Reply)

Bailout: We Were Warned About Rainy Days – Peter Obi / More Facts You May Not Know Of!! (pics) / Windows 10: Microsoft Faces Criticism Over Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.