Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,592 members, 7,861,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

Relationships: Save Me From My Drunk, Violent Boyfriend! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Relationships: Save Me From My Drunk, Violent Boyfriend! (488 Views)

Drunk Policeman Shoots 3 People At Child's Dedication In Warri. Graphic Photos / Frustrated Nigerian Man Saved From Suicide "Who Gave You The Right To Save Me?" / Drunk Policeman Lying On The Ground In Ado-Ekiti (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationships: Save Me From My Drunk, Violent Boyfriend! by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Dear Bunmi,

My boyfriend is in his late 30’s, never been married, but a single father. We’ve been together for over four years. Towards the end of last year, we separated for four months because of his excessive drinking. More than once, he has pinned me down and put his hands around my throat. He didn’t actually hurt me, but I was really frightened. I asked him to leave my flat but he apologized and we ended up together. He continued his excessive drinking but we got along better.
lovers

lovers

Recently, after a heated argument, I again walked him out of my flat but he came back later, roaring drunk. He forced his way in and grapped my throat with such a force that I almost blacked out. He suddenly let go and started crying that nobody loved him. Well, I do love him but I can’t live with his problems. He’s not frequent at my flat as before, but I’m worried that he’ll soon bounce back and the same thing will happen – and I might choke to death! I want to feel happy and safe with him – or get him out of my life and meet someone better. I am 28.

Ngozi, by e-mail

Dear Ngozi,
Asking your boyfriend to leave your flat when you’re dissatisfied with him is a display of power that seems every bit as threatening to him as his display of drunken anger seem to you. It looks as if neither of you can tolerate the other’s behaviour and the acute insecurity it breeds within you.

It is tragic that where there was once a strong attraction in relationship, there is now mutual fear that will be hard to get rid of.

Each of you has to acknowledge your weaknesses. By doing some serious thinking or seeking the counsel of more experienced people. Your boyfriend’s wounded pride might prevent him from agreeing to serious discussions as this might mean he will have to admit to his chronic abuse of alcohol. If that’s the case, I’m afraid he will remain a chronic alcoholic and as you suspect, you can have no future together. Be ready to distance yourself and move on.

Please give more solutions to help this lady out.
Re: Relationships: Save Me From My Drunk, Violent Boyfriend! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2015
undecided
Re: Relationships: Save Me From My Drunk, Violent Boyfriend! by Unsad(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2015
K

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Scammers!!!!!! / Lagos State Governor Approved 122 Emergency Line To Report Rape Cases / Post Construction Cleaning& Fumigation Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.