Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,610 members, 7,823,655 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation (6173 Views)

Visafone To Mtn - Pabx And Ip Pbx - Gsm Voice Gateway Solution | Caller Id / CCTV Camera Installation. That's What You Need!!!!! / CCTV Camera Installation And Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
As the need for security consciousness increases, everyone is searching for the best means of protecting their lives, and those of their loved ones.

Properties are not left out. Knowing fully well that any of our possessions acquired must be secure from unwanted intruders.

One sure way of prevention and protection of our valuables is the use of CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) for monitoring activities around our homes, offices, and churches.

Though the cameras do not work alone, recent development in technology has driven down the cost of setting up CCTV systems, and it's quite affordable to more people.

There is a growing need for installers and operators of these systems, thereby prompting us to embark on affordable and easy-to-access training for interested people. There is no prerequisite knowledge required as the very basics will be taught.

Check out some topics that would be covered

Students of this course will get the knowledge and understanding, both in theory and practicals of the following:

1. CCTV Fundamentals - Videos, Camera lenses, Storage, DVR, NVR

2. Choosing a camera - Dome, Analog, IP cameras

3. Cabling and Connections - Conduit, Surface, Trunk/Pipe Wiring

4. Video management - Video encoding and formats, different types of cameras and their video outputs; avi, mpeg2, mpeg4, h.264, advantages and disadvantages.

5. Networking essentials - Designing a network, IP Addressing and IP cameras, Viewing cameras over the network, internet, Wireless and wired networks, configuration of IP camera

6. Connecting Analog and IP cameras to work together

7. Site survey

8. Managing power supply

9. Security

10. Maintenance

Prerequisite

There are no prerequisites to attending this training, because the course will taught from the basic and foundational knowledge on CCTV systems. A knowledge of computer fundamentals and networking might be of advantage to those who possess such skills.

We also undertake installations for individuals and organizations.

Send us a mail at btcommsnig@gmail.com

Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 11:16am On Aug 01, 2015
ok,let the course begin
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hunry:
ok,let the course begin

Ok sir

1 Like

Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
CCTV Fundamentals

- Videos, Camera Lenses, Storage, DVR, NVR

As earlier stated, there are no prerequisite knowledge or skill required for CCTV camera installation training. The training course takes you through the fundamentals which will ensure a good understanding and right application of knowledge acquired.

However, since IP cameras are installed on networks (LAN & MAN), good networking skills is an added advantage.

Videos

Videos are important because they are the output received from your CCTV systems. These can be watched live on your monitor, or stored on storage media inside your DVR, or computer.

Videos that are transmitted over your CCTV network can be broadly categorized into 2:

1. Analog videos
2. Digital videos

As the name denotes, analog cameras are the output received from analog CCTV cameras, and they are large, uncompressed, video files transmitted using analog signals. This is the older of the two video types.

Analog videos tend to be clear because it doesn't go through compression and encoding which results in losses in video quality. However, new digital video formats have made it possible to retain video quality even when converted or compressed.

Analog systems that most of us are familiar with are NTFS, PAL, and SECAM. Our regular old TV boxes, and analog CCTV cameras are examples of devices that produce analog videos.

Digital videos, on the other hand, video signals that are encoded and represented in digital formats. Digital enabled devices have the ability to capture, manipulate, compress, encode, and store video files on digital mediums.

Videos stored in digital format have the advantage of taking up less space in storage mediums, largely because they have being compressed before stored. That's the reason why they are preferred over analog video for videos transmitted over the internet. That's because they take up less bandwidth and storage space on your disk.

Network cameras, also referred to as IP cameras are devices that produce digital videos. They have the ability to capture, encode, compress, convert and transmit digital videos over any computer network. Widely known digital video formats are MP4 and H.264.

IP cameras are therefore more expensive than analog cameras. During the course of our classroom training, you would learn when to use which of the camera types.

More topics will be treated in subsequent posts.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 1:40am On Aug 02, 2015
quite interesting,will expect more updates
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 02, 2015
i dey behind u sir
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
genny2kuk where are you
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hunry:
genny2kuk where are you

Sorry, was quite busy on the field. Will continue the course before the weekend runs out. Thanks
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
Camera Lens

Understanding camera lenses, especially that of CCTV cameras, will go a long way in determining the success of your installation.

Bear it in mind that the client you're installing for has peculiar needs that have to be met with the cctv installation. The needs and expectations of the client will determine the type, as well as the cost of camera to use. Choosing the wrong lens means that your camera would not cover the full area expected, or it's inability to zoom and capture images with clarity.

The lens is positioned at the front line of the camera. The images captured by the cctv camera lens is what is eventually converted into video stream, sent over the network (or DVR) for viewing, and eventual recording, if necessary.

The lens on the camera can be either fixed or varifocal (adjustable). Fixed camera lenses range from 2.8mm to 100mm, and they are the cheapest to buy. Varifocal lenses offer more flexibility, allowing the field of view to be adjusted manually. The larger the size of the lens, the more narrow and zoomed in the field of view is. The camera lens size is usually indicated on the package of the cctv camera you're buying.

The area that a CCTV camera sees is known as its Field of View (FOV). The FOV is inversely proportional to the size of lens used. It means that a 3.0mm camera lens would have a larger FOV than that of a 16mm, but the images captured can never be as clear.

The Focal Length

Focal length, usually represented in millimeters (mm), is the basic description of a photographic lens. It is not a measurement of the actual length of a lens, but a calculation of an optical distance from the point where light rays converge to form a sharp image of an object to the digital sensor or 35mm film at the focal plane in the camera. The focal length of a lens is determined when the lens is focused at infinity.

For CCTV applications it is essential to match the focal length of the lens to the desired target.

These are information that you're expected to know when planning for your cctv installation. Like earlier stated, the choice of camera/ lens is determined by the needs of the client.

Questions can be entertained before we proceed to the next topic, which is storage.

See images below for clarification on focal length and Camera lens and angle distance chart.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
I just noticed this thread is in the advert section,shouldnt it be in the normal business section.
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 09, 2015
@OP, its a great work u're doing here, may God reward u. Pls what is the recomended focal length for these situations; a. an open space(outside),
b. staircase.
c. small room(may b 12x12ft)
d. a hall.
tnx a million.
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
genny2kuk:

Sorry, was quite busy on the field. Will continue the course before the weekend runs out. Thanks
Abeg dont abandon
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2015
Hunry:

Abeg dont abandon

I won't sir. You'll have to forgive me though cause I'm usually on d field, that's why it takes longer time for me to gather my thoughts on this post.

The training will accord anyone to get into the practical nitty gritty of cctv installation.
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by jmanity: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2015
For quality and professional cctv installations in abuja. Send me a PM
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Tex42(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2015
genny2kuk:

I won't sir. You'll have to forgive me though cause I'm usually on d field, that's why it takes longer time for me to gather my thoughts on this post.

The training will accord anyone to get into the practical nitty gritty of cctv installation.

I really want to have the practical training on cctv installation, have passion for it, but I'm still a green horn...

Can u Train someone on the field work?
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by genny2kuk(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tex42:
I really want to have the practical training on cctv installation, have passion for it, but I'm still a green horn...

Can u Train someone on the field work?

Training coming up on the 30th and 31st of October. Call for reservation 08099944225
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
so that means no more tutorial here.
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2015
na waooow!
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Hunry: 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
this thread don die....
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by techcloud(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2017
What happened to this beautiful thread Can someone resurrect this thread from the land of the dead?
Re: CCTV Camera And IP Surveillance Installation by Xenisha: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Tenements and multi-family buildings have a constantly changing population of residents who may not be familiar with each other. The risk of theft and vandalism can be high. A well-designed surveillance camera system can help keep the living environment safe for all residents. Personally, I use services in terms of video surveillance hawaiisecuritycameras.com These guys provide quality services and are always in touch.

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Mt Ago (diesel Nnpc Spec) Spot Needed In Lagos / Comex Laundry Services / I Need Contacts For Sources Of Charcoal Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.