Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume (828 Views)

Man Compares Suspension Of Saraki Dad In 80s By Senate & Ali Ndume's Suspension / Senators Grill Ali Ndume, Ask Him If He Has Been Fair To Dino Melaye & Saraki / Fayose Says FG Plots To Impeach Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
The Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, on Thursday, caused a stir in House when he disclosed how he collected signatures of other senators to impeach the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, in the 7th Senate.
Ndume stated this while addressing an issue in the House to draw the Senate’s attention to an ‘offensive report’ published in The Nation newspaper of Thursday over allegations of 22 Northern senators working against the interest of President Buhari, in the red chamber.
The senators were among those who signed the vote of confidence passed on Senator Bukola Saraki’s leadership of the Senate.
However, in his digression, Ndume said he contested the deputy senate president position with Ekweremadu on June 9, 2015 with the intention to win but had to accept his fate when he was defeated him.
“As for the deputy senate president, I contested against the deputy senate president. I did not contest with him to lose that election,” Ndume said

“I contested with him in order to win that election but it is God that gives power to whoever he wants. What ever happened on the 9th of June, my friend Ekweremadu became the deputy senate president.”
“Let me say for the record and for those that were not in the 7th Senate, it is not something of pride, but I stand here to say, he is here, that I am the only person that attempted to impeach him (Ekweremadu). I collected signatures in order to impeach him because of certain things which I explained and we discussed.”
“Why I am taking us through all these is because the nation is watching us and this drama that is going on cannot continue because that is not why we are here and this leadership thing whether we like it or not, whether we change it or we maintain this one, only one person will be the senate president.”
www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/07/31/ekweremadu-is-my-friend-but-i-wanted-to-impeach-him-ali-ndume/
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by saxwizard(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
o
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Katastrofy: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
kwata
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Anazp: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
apc lies
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Demmocrats(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Ekweremadu Is My Friend But I Wanted To Impeach Him – Ali Ndume by hazyfm1: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
STORIES..

MORE STORIES....

AND MORE STORIES......

AND EVEN MORE STORIES...........

(1) (Reply)

Borno Elder: Season Of Apologies / Buhari’s 3 Achievements In Just 60 Days In Office / Balkanized Igbo Territories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.