Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Understanding Grace, Works, And Salvation!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Grace, Works, And Salvation!!! (540 Views)

Salvation Ministry Port-Harcourt Constructs Roads And Drainages (Photos) / Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? / BIBLE Study(understanding the prophecies concerning Christ and salvation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Grace, Works, And Salvation!!! by spencerwilliams(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
As a result of various deceptive and erronous teachings,by preachers and teachers and even some folks on nairaland about these concepts especially GRACE,i decided to give scriptural teachings on grace,works,and salvation,how are they related, can one be given grace and not need work?,can only our works guarantee our being saved?,these and more questions that i will be trying to give scriptural answers to.NOTE:PLS I WANT YOU TO OPEN YOUR BIBLES TO ANY VERSE SUPPORTING ANY PARTICULAR POINT OR IDEA,because,I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO QUOTE THEM DURING THIS TEACHING.THANKS INTRODUCTION WHAT IS GRACE? It is an unmerrited favour from GOD,or GOD's divine enablement in a person's life.Now do you know that grace demands more perfection and purity than the law?[mattew 5:21-28].Do you know that one of the teachings of grace is to live a pure life,a life void of sin,void of blame,a life of Godliness and holiness?[Titus 2:11-12] but look at the interesting part of GRACE while we were suppose pay instantly for our sins,GRACE comes and says NO,that was why in John 8:1-11,when a woman was caught in adultry,i want you to look at that scripture very well the people quoted the law of moses(leviticus 20:10-14),but never knew grace was standing in front of them all.Now what did Jesus tell the woman after her accusers had left her, he said "go and sin no more"now remember she was only caught in adultry,but Jesus said go and sin no more and not go and commite adultry no more.That would remind us of Titus 2:11-12,were it says "the grace of God that bringeth salvation has APPEARED to all men",now verse 12 says "TEACHING US THAT..."you must not forget that word"TEACHING",that was why he told the woman"go and sin no more"meaning "You are suppose to be killed,but GRACE/MERCY said NO.But now you are alife,you have a second chance so go now and live a holy life all round"that was exactly what Jesus was saying.So GRACE can be called "SECOND CHANCE"from that context(john 8:1-11).But it is even more than a second chance,that is grace and that is what it can do. GRACE AND WORKS,to be continued.
Re: Understanding Grace, Works, And Salvation!!! by spencerwilliams(m): 3:28am On Sep 13, 2015
How is grace and works related,lets see the scriptures Ephesians 2:8-9 says"For by grace are ye saved through faith;.....it is the gift of God,verse 9 says"not of works lets any man should boast. Wow the first time a saw this scripture i use to think our work for God do not matter anymore and that there was no need to strive within our power to please God, afterall the bible has said "not of works".But what is the scripture saying"it is saying ALL WORKS before salvation,were meaningless,ALL WORKS of righteousness,works of charity,goodness,love,hospitality e.t.c were all dead works,and were not the reason for our being saved or rather why Christ saved us and thus the scripure says "not of works"now lets look at be B part of that verse "lest any man should boast" boast about what? boast about the fact that i did more works than everyone and so Christ gave me salvation,boast about what? boasting about works of charity,love,etc.So that was why the scriptures was telling us that "All our deeds were not counted for the salvation we have if not we would boast about salvation because it would be like our effort has paid us,and so we have salvation" so do not misinterpret the scriptures when it said "not of works".But let us now see when our WORKS ARE ACCEPTABLE, in verse 10 (ephisians2:10)"For we are his workmanship,created in Christ Jesus unto GOOD WORKS,which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"see also Titus 3:14.God bless you. So salvation is by GRACE,but we are to try to hold on to the faith with all GOOD WORKS,and God will never let you slip.AMEN

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out And Pray! Photos Of A Man Who Claim To Be 'jesus Of Nazareth' / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tue August 18th 2015)- LIFE MORE ABUNDANT / Learning From Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.