Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. (1042 Views)

N25bn ETF: Lagos State Government Distributes Offer Letters To 150 Beneficiaries / Forex Crisis: DSS Raids BDC Operators, Forces Dollar Down To N400 / Forex Crisis: DSS Raids BDC Operators, Forces Dollar Down To N400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by kingviny: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2015
Nigerian govt should gazette and sell 1,000,000 plots of land from our vast fallowing land mass to Nigerians in diaspora and foreigners at $10,000 per plot. The estates (UN CITY) should have many incentives like good roads and gas powered IPP power supply etc to make it attractive. This will bring in $10 billion .

Those who would want to develop their properties will also be sending in dollars . If an average of another $10 billion is sent in, then there will be an influx of $20 billion into our economy. This influx can immediately bring down the dollar to 150 and below. Massive Jobs will also be created and the economy will be effectively stimulated.

Secondly, we should ban many things that are being imported into this country and create single digit interest loan for entrepreneurs who would want to locally produce the banned items. Tax incentives should also be granted.

Once we can attract dollars in bulk and reduce our dependence on import, our currency will be strong again.

1 Like

Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by major466(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2015
This is a noble idea but should be geared towards economic and infrastructural development rather than revaluing the naira. However Nigeria's current centralised economic structure will not make this scheme work.
In sane societies, long-term economic developments are exclusive responsbilities of states, not federal govt. Restructuring Nigeria to the path of True Economic Fereralism where states have total access and control of their God given resources is the only solution to Nigeria's problem. Anything contrary will not work.
Sadly the Jonathan's National Comfab report which supports the idea of True Economic Liberalisation for Nigerian states has been thrown to the dustbin by people opposed to it.

1 Like

Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by mikolo80: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
kingviny:
Nigerian govt should gazette and sell 1,000,000 plots of land from our vast fallowing land mass to Nigerians in diaspora and foreigners at $10,000 per plot. The estates (UN CITY) should have many incentives like good roads and gas powered IPP power supply etc to make it attractive. This will bring in $10 billion .

Those who would want to develop their properties will also be sending in dollars . If an average of another $10 billion is sent in, then there will be an influx of $20 billion into our economy. This influx can immediately bring down the dollar to 150 and below. Massive Jobs will also be created and the economy will be effectively stimulated.

Secondly, we should ban many things that are being imported into this country and create single digit interest loan for entrepreneurs who would want to locally produce the banned items. Tax incentives should also be granted.

Once we can attract dollars in bulk and reduce our dependence on import, our currency will be strong again.
I like it but it's slow compared to agric investment (palm oil,cocoa, maize, soya cattle)
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by kingviny: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
mikolo80:
I like it but it's slow compared to agric investment (palm oil,cocoa, maize, soya cattle)

How ? do you know hw long it will take to get our cash crops back to the good old days? but my option will bring in the dollar rain asap if well managed. Proceeds from the land sales can then be used to develop technology and agribiz etc.
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by Demmocrats(m): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by BIGERBOY1: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Funny but nice.
But in the interim, with refineries back online and customs tightening the noose on smuggling, that should ease the pressure on foreign exchange (less demand for dollar) and help our naira back to its feet.
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by Anazp: 2:55am On Aug 02, 2015
kingviny:

arrant NONSENSE. last year 2014 remittances from NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA ALONE wa s about $20 billion USD. so what the phuck are u talking about? did that save the naira. u need a good secondary school education all over again
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by mikolo80: 3:48am On Aug 02, 2015
kingviny:

How ? do you know hw long it will take to get our cash crops back to the good old days? but my option will bring in the dollar rain asap if well managed. Proceeds from the land sales can then be used to develop technology and agribiz etc.
why I put maize and soya
while cash cropstake Just three years
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by likila: 3:58am On Aug 02, 2015
This why i am not scared about the buhari regime.
these are the types of ideas they will be floating in asshole rock after drinking 1 billion naira kunu.
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by kingviny: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Anazp:
arrant NONSENSE. last year 2014 remittances from NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA ALONE wa s about $20 billion USD. so what the phuck are u talking about? did that save the naira. u need a good secondary school education all over again

Do you have a better suggestion? why throw insult like a secondary school child. Wise people appreciate ideas and if they have a contrary view, they profer an alternate constructively. $40B will do a lot more than $20B ( additional from land sales). With proper monetary and fiscal policies implemented, there will be an impact.

1 Like

Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by Anazp: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
kingviny:

Do you have a better suggestion? why throw insult like a secondary school child. Wise people appreciate ideas and if they have a contrary view, they profer an alternate constructively. $40B will do a lot more than $20B ( additional from land sales). With proper monetary and fiscal policies implemented, there will be an impact.
joke. what would that do. ur opinion SUCKS! did China and India build their nations by remittances. no THEY INDUSTRIALIZED! GO BAC TO SCHOOL
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Anazp:

The Op does not deserve this insult and tongue lashing. If you find loopholes in his submission, kindly call him out and make a better recommendation
Re: How To Bring Dollar Down To 150 Asap! My Prognosis. by kingviny: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The Op does not deserve this insult and tongue lashing. If you find loopholes in his submission, kindly call him out and make a better recommendation

By their fruits you shall know them FOLYKAZE. The idea I gave is an immediate remedy. We all know industrialization is the way to go but can that be done so quickly? with our educational system how can we industrialize in so short a time while dollar is still dusting our naira?

Adequate supply of dollar will drive down the value of dollar to the naira, is that a fact or a falacy ANAZP? if it is a fact, then make contributions in this direction and stop this your ITK.

(1) (Reply)

NEWS! Boko Haram Chief Recruiter Arrested (see Photo) / Bukola Saraki Donates Cash And Rice To Widows In Illorin...photos / Come Out And Defend Yourself If You Didn’t Steal Rivers’ Money – PDP To Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.