Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. (556 Views)

IPOB Raises Alarm Over Deteriorating Health Of Nnamdi Kanu - Vanguard / How Buhari’s Slow Pace Is Affecting The War Against Boko Haram! / This Is What Patrick Obahiagbon Has To Say About Buhari’s ‘slow Motion’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by yahrant140(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2015
Nasir el-Rufa’i ought to be the President right now.
That is the view of those of us who believe Sai Buhari’s ‘slow and steady’ style is detrimental to the health of the nation (this will be the topic for another post entirely).
He should be the President of Nigeria and not Governor of just Kaduna State.
Unlike Sai Baba, Nasiru hit the ground running. He did not play footsie with the compositionof a cabinet. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, the guy he took over from, had 21 Commissioners. Nasiru not only cut the number to 12, he promptly appointed men and women,who may not necessarily be saints, to man the ministries.
Still in keeping with the policy of cutting costs, he cut his allowance and emoluments by 50%. Yeah, Sai Baba also did that – I know you would remind me.
Then Nasiru completely removed the hands of the state government from sponsorship of pilgrims on Holy Pilgrimages to Mecca/Medina and Jerusalem/Sinai. Compare to Sai Baba who just by fiat approved an exchange rate of N160 to $1 to the pilgrims. According to Dr Michael Egbejumi-David,a Nigerian in London who wrote in Vanguard Newspaper yesterday, ‘...the government will cough up the difference. Last year, about 14000 Christians made the pilgrimage. 76000 Muslims went to Mecca. If we do the Math, the government is going to end up subsidising around a further $68 million or about N13.6billion on top of whatever is already subsidised for these pilgrimages’.
My lawyer friend and university teacher, Prof Leigh Augustine Oluwaseyi put it in a wider perspective when he remarked: ‘Imagine a scenario whereby an 'imaginatively enterprising' state government (aren't they all when it comes to the economics of corruption?) decide to produce a list of ghost-pilgrims with equally long lists of forex requests (at the subsidised PMB rates) meant for both pilgrimages and turning round to dispense the tokens actually requested by the pilgrims and 'pocketing' the rest, which - whether at the beginning, middle or end of the pilgrimage - will be 'unleashed' on the economy for a black-market buy back! The 'good' news is that for now, majority of the states are battling to make sense of the fast turning nightmarish bailout for their workers' owed salary, and may therefore not have the time, nor the money? to indulge in such a game. Bamubamu ni won yo....’.
But there is none of these ‘worries’ for Nasiru and the Kaduna people. No sponsorship. Full stop.
Nasiru would have called the bluff of those disturbing the peace of this administration via the National Assembly. How do I know? Had Nasiru not called their bluff before when some Senators led by the immensely gluttonous Ibrahim Mantu demanded for a bribe of N57million from him so he could be passed fit as Minister in the Obasanjo regime in 2003? Did Nasiru, rather than pay the bribe, not put him and his colleagues on the spot? And did the visibly embarrassed Senate then not pass Nasiru fit to be Minister thereafter?
And talking of calling people’s bluff, did Nasiru not call the bluff of Ahmadu Ali, the powerful PDP Chairman then and demolish his Abuja house?
Imagine this same man now with the awesome powers of the Commander-in-Chief?
I believe we should just pray for Sai Baba for God to give him strength that a septuagenarian does not normally possess so he could at least help us catch a lot of thieves and recover all the loots just as David recovered his things and those of his followers from the Amalekites. If that is all Sai Baba does till 2019, I’ll give him a pass mark. I do not expect anything more.
Then, in 2019, we should all contrive to organise a befitting Pull-Out Parade for him from Aso Rock and the Army (Babangida and his band of soldiers of fortune denied him that on August 27, 1985).
In conclusion, I want to go with William Shakespeare here who said:
“Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late”
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Have a rewarding August, everyone!

cc: lalasticalala ishilove .
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by donbrowser(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Ha
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by maverickdude(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
We love t dt way
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by powerfulsettingz: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2015
All i know is that there is this slang that says "slow and steady na Last u go Carry"

1 Like

Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by yahrant140(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2015
The people of Kaduna are luckier than the rest of us in Nigeria. If he runs for President on whatever political party's platform, el Rufai will have my support. There are whispers already that he should shoot for the nation's top job next time. I would rather have him than that Tambuwal.

1 Like

Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by nnadychuks(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Buhari dey run e matter slow and steady i dey dagger okpo dey blow my kpo steady.... See flows chae.. MI and Ice prince come come see oooooOOOooo
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by nnachukz(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2015
His supporters will keep singing his praises before we know it, he will think he is doing something and then we will all end up in regret at last.
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by BushidoBlue(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2015
yahrant140:
That is the view of those of us who believe Sai Buhari’s ‘slow and steady’ style is detrimental to the health of the nation (this will be the topic for another post entirely).
He should be the President of Nigeria and not Governor of just Kaduna State.
Unlike Sai Baba, Nasiru hit the ground running. He did not play footsie with the compositionof a cabinet. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, the guy he took over from, had 21 Commissioners. Nasiru not only cut the number to 12, he promptly appointed men and women,who may not necessarily be saints, to man the ministries.
Still in keeping with the policy of cutting costs, he cut his allowance and emoluments by 50%. Yeah, Sai Baba also did that – I know you would remind me.
Then Nasiru completely removed the hands of the state government from sponsorship of pilgrims on Holy Pilgrimages to Mecca/Medina and Jerusalem/Sinai. Compare to Sai Baba who just by fiat approved an exchange rate of N160 to $1 to the pilgrims. According to Dr Michael Egbejumi-David,a Nigerian in London who wrote in Vanguard Newspaper yesterday, ‘...the government will cough up the difference. Last year, about 14000 Christians made the pilgrimage. 76000 Muslims went to Mecca. If we do the Math, the government is going to end up subsidising around a further $68 million or about N13.6billion on top of whatever is already subsidised for these pilgrimages’.
My lawyer friend and university teacher, Prof Leigh Augustine Oluwaseyi put it in a wider perspective when he remarked: ‘Imagine a scenario whereby an 'imaginatively enterprising' state government (aren't they all when it comes to the economics of corruption?) decide to produce a list of ghost-pilgrims with equally long lists of forex requests (at the subsidised PMB rates) meant for both pilgrimages and turning round to dispense the tokens actually requested by the pilgrims and 'pocketing' the rest, which - whether at the beginning, middle or end of the pilgrimage - will be 'unleashed' on the economy for a black-market buy back! The 'good' news is that for now, majority of the states are battling to make sense of the fast turning nightmarish bailout for their workers' owed salary, and may therefore not have the time, nor the money? to indulge in such a game. Bamubamu ni won yo....’.
But there is none of these ‘worries’ for Nasiru and the Kaduna people. No sponsorship. Full stop.
Nasiru would have called the bluff of those disturbing the peace of this administration via the National Assembly. How do I know? Had Nasiru not called their bluff before when some Senators led by the immensely gluttonous Ibrahim Mantu demanded for a bribe of N57million from him so he could be passed fit as Minister in the Obasanjo regime in 2003? Did Nasiru, rather than pay the bribe, not put him and his colleagues on the spot? And did the visibly embarrassed Senate then not pass Nasiru fit to be Minister thereafter?
And talking of calling people’s bluff, did Nasiru not call the bluff of Ahmadu Ali, the powerful PDP Chairman then and demolish his Abuja house?
Imagine this same man now with the awesome powers of the Commander-in-Chief?
I believe we should just pray for Sai Baba for God to give him strength that a septuagenarian does not normally possess so he could at least help us catch a lot of thieves and recover all the loots just as David recovered his things and those of his followers from the Amalekites. If that is all Sai Baba does till 2019, I’ll give him a pass mark. I do not expect anything more.
Then, in 2019, we should all contrive to organise a befitting Pull-Out Parade for him from Aso Rock and the Army (Babangida and his band of soldiers of fortune denied him that on August 27, 1985).
In conclusion, I want to go with William Shakespeare here who said:
“Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late”
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Have a rewarding August, everyone!

Excellent view,
Makes sense, now this is a mature thread.
Cut down workforce move forward with campaign promises of action, I might not like El Rufai but with that singular action he has proven to be a capable leader in the APC . GMB, over to you.
Re: Sai Buhari’s ‘slow And Steady’ Style Is Detrimental To The Health Of The Nation. by mikolo80: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
yahrant140:
That is the view of those of us who believe Sai Buhari’s ‘slow and steady’ style is detrimental to the health of
tsk tsk tsk
when he went fast you complained now he is moving at democratic pace you're grumbling

you better make up your minds cos na sai baba till 2019

(1) (Reply)

My Appointment A National Assignment, Says Kachikwu, NNPC GMD / Missing UNILAG Diploma Student Found / Ambode Cancels Concession For Falomo Shopping Centre With Elumelu’s Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.