Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Brain Teaser! - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teaser! (1066 Views)

Brain Teaser / Brain Teaser / Brain Teaser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Teaser! by KORLAR(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2015
You have two empty gallons of 5litres and 3litres capacity. You also have unlimited supply of milk. How do you get exactly one litre using just those two gallons?
Re: Brain Teaser! by SPG4U(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Wait...

Still wait ooo

Oya wait

Ehn make I tell u

Bring ur ear

...OP shey na me need d mil abi na u

If na me den which one be ur own
Re: Brain Teaser! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 01, 2015
use the five litre first then pour it into the 3 litres gallon, then pour out the content, then empty the remaining two litres in the five litre gallon into the 3 litre, then use the 5 litre again and pour it into the 3 litres to fill it up which will make it 4 litres remaining in the 5 litres gallon, then empty the 3 litres gallon and measure out 3 litres out of the 4 litres remaining in the 5 litres gallon, then you'll have just 1 litre remaining in the 5 litres gallon
Re: Brain Teaser! by dejt4u(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
1) Fill the 3-litre gallon wit the milk, pour all the content of it into the 5litre gallon.. Now the 3-litre gallon is emptied

2) Fill the 3-litre gallon again wit 3litres of the milk, carefully transfer the content again into the 5-litre gallon.. When the 5litre gallon is full, then the volume of the milk left in the 3litre gallon is 1litre!

(3+3)-5 = 1litre.. QED

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser! by KORLAR(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2015
You sabi
That's if someone hasn't solved it where you are before o.

dejt4u:
1) Fill the 3-litre gallon wit the milk, pour all the content of it into the 5litre gallon.. Now the 3-litre gallon is emptied

2) Fill the 3-litre gallon again wit 3litres of the milk, carefully transfer the content again into the 5-litre gallon.. When the 5litre gallon is full, then the volume of the milk left in the 3litre gallon is 1litre!

(3+3)-5 = 1litre.. QED
Re: Brain Teaser! by KORLAR(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2015
Lol Na our two need the milk
SPG4U:
Wait...

Still wait ooo

Oya wait

Ehn make I tell u

Bring ur ear

...OP shey na me need d mil abi na u

If na me den which one be ur own
Re: Brain Teaser! by dejt4u(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2015
KORLAR:
[s]You sabi That's if someone hasn't solved it where you are before o. [/s]
what's dis one saying?? m disappointed in you!
Re: Brain Teaser! by centvictor(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
Interesting Games https://fango.me/u/lfw

(1) (Reply)

Illusion Game / Let's Play This Game Of Unscrambling Sentences / Xbox One Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.