Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Your Biggest Market Is In Nigeria :NIGERIA NEEDS TO LEARN FROM INDIA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Biggest Market Is In Nigeria :NIGERIA NEEDS TO LEARN FROM INDIA (961 Views)

‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market / Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Biggest Market Is In Nigeria :NIGERIA NEEDS TO LEARN FROM INDIA by arabianights: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
First of all you need to read up on how india is fast developing its economy and has place stringent policies on ground thereby making it very challenging for importers to flood their market when they themselves are producing such products.No, i wont spoon feed you.Browse on india's policies affecting trade and investment

We seem to be hovering over these countries by importing products for resell ( do you know importing devalues naira). Have you ever sat down to think that you can actually save your self costs and earn more by dealing with other african countries most especially west african countries such as senegal?

Nigeria is by far one of the riches african countries in the world,Just visit some african countries and you will see thatt Lagos alone is like u.s to them.

Theres money to be made by exporting our agricultural products to other countries.Take advantage of us being an Ecowas member.Make your researches, visit the embassies as well as Ministry of Trade and Investment.Use this opportunity or better still, you can decide to travel there and see what you can buy or manufacture and sell there.

Think of other business ideas not necessarily the ones always being done.You will be surprised as to the other business ideas you will get after making researches.
Exporting even millet to some african countries will make you rub shoulders with Bill Gates One day.

Dangote himself also exports sesame to some african countries.

Dont just BUY, BUY AND BUY ALL THE TIME START EXPORTING IT PAYS MORE THAN IMPORTING,ASK THE EXPORTERS OR BETTER STILL CONSIDER DEALING WITH YOUR NEIGHBOURS (WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES).

NIGERIA HAS EVERYTHING :OIL & GAS, AGRICULTURE,SOLID MINERALS AND MANY UNDISCOVERED REVENUE GENERATING PRODUCTS
WHY DO YOU THINK EVERY COUNTRY WANTS TO DEAL OR INVEST IN NIGERIA?AND WE ARE HERE IMPORTING.HOW CAN WE HAVE SO MUCH AND FOREIGNERS ARE COMING IN TO TAP AND INVEST FOR THEMSELVES TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

Eg:---SHEABUTTER---COMPANIES LIKE BODY SHOP,E.T BROWNE (PALMERS) WILL BUY FROM AFRICAN COUNTRIES,PROCCESS THEM ( ONCE YOU PROCCESS A NATURAL PRODUCT,ITS NUTRIENTS DECREASES) AND THEN COME BACK AND SELL TO THE SAME COUNTRIES AT HIGHER PRICE AND YOU RUSH AND SMILE THAT YEAH!!!,AM USING JANDED PRODUCT.IS THAT NOT STUPIDITY AND MENTAL INSTABILITY? (i must confess,am guilty).

HOW DO YOU INTEND TO MAKE IT FAST BY SELLING OTHER PEOPLE'S PRODUCTS,HAVE YOU HEARD OR SEEN DANGOTE DOING THAT.DANGOTE HAS REAFFIRMED THAT HIS INVESTMENTS ARE IN NIGERIA

YOU BIGGEST MARKET IS IN NIGERIA OR YOU FEEL CHINA IS JUST HAVING DIPLOMATIC TIES HERE? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CHINA HAS INVESTED IN NIGERIA YOU HAVE GOLD IN YOUR BACK YARD AND YOU ARE GOING TO PAY YOUR NEIGHBOUR TO ALLOW YOU DIG FOR WOOD IN HIS BACK YARD

PLEASE THIS IS ALSO OPEN FOR PEOPLE WHO DO BUSINESS IN OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO GIVE IDEAS SO THAT ANY ONE THAT WISHES TO TAP INTO IT,CAN GO FOR IT.

THAT MONEY THAT YOU USED IN FLYING TO OBODOYINBO,YANKEE,JAND ETC PLEASE USE QUARTER OF IT AND VISIT MINISTRY OF TRADE AN INVESTMENTS AS WELL AS SOME AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO NETWORK AS WELL AS SEAL DEALS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Biggest Market Is In Nigeria :NIGERIA NEEDS TO LEARN FROM INDIA by MrMcJay(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Between 2005-2007, I was in Aba and was a regular customer at Ariaria International Market. There, I saw people import trailer-loads of shoe parts and right there in the market, build very beautiful world-class shoes. These shoes were then exported to neighbouring African countries for sale.

Back then, I had a beautiful pair of Timberland boots I bought for N24,500 at LOP in V/I. When I got to Ariaria, I saw better designed boots at 3,500.

Fast-forward to 2013, I was at Abuja Law School for an assignment. There, I met a man who informed me that he works in one if the Federal Ministries but has a side business which makes him hefty profits. He told me that what he does is to get people to make Barrister's wigs and he buys the machines for production. Once produced, the finished wigs are exported to the UK. In the UK, they are branded, given fancy packaging and sent back to Nigeria as 'foreign' wigs.

He confessed that Nigerians are suckers for foreign products and if they see made in Nigeria tags, they feel such products are inferior.

Beyond agriculture, there is nothing we use in this country that we cant produce. The question is: are we patriotic enough to buy them? After all, the FG imports NYSC boots and kit from China!
Re: Your Biggest Market Is In Nigeria :NIGERIA NEEDS TO LEARN FROM INDIA by Chigorkizz(m): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2015
nice.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Prices Rise, As Analysts Seesigns Of Stronger Outlook / Is It Advisable To Start A New Business Now / Expose: Currency Policy, How CBN, Banks & APC Cheat Nigerians by Joel3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.