Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Hiv Positive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Positive (672 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Positive by angel21(f): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2009
PLEASE DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE IS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIV POSITIVE TO MARRY EACH OTHER AND GIVE BIRTH TO HIV NEGATIVE[i][/i],  ONE LOVE
Re: Hiv Positive by Tonyet1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
the answer is yes,

and the latest findings show that HIV positive parents can still give birth to an HIV negative children

i'll explain tomorrow, just make sure you come around ok!

bye and I love you!
Re: Hiv Positive by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
yes it is possible for hiv positive parents to have a hiv negative child but there are measure to be taken to minimize the risks.
first it is best if the mother is following an antiretroviral drug treatment so that her viral load is as low as possible during the pregnancy. the lower her viral load is, the better chances the child will have of being hiv negative. statistic show that there are less than 5% chance of being hiv positive if the mother is on an antiretroviral treatment
a child can contract the disease during pregnancy, the birth,or through breastfeeding.
A c-section should minimize even further the chances of contracting the disease and breastfeeding should be out of the question for the child's sake.
Re: Hiv Positive by angel21(f): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2009
hello tonye-t am waiting for your explanation

(1) (Reply)

Help For The Infertility Case / Gym / Exercise Buddy Wanted / How To Overcome Anxiety While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.