Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Help!!! My Brother Is Duped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!!! My Brother Is Duped (828 Views)

Please Help: My Brother Is Missing - Abuja / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Lagos CEO 'Mr Stainless' Who Duped His Ex-girlfriends & Others Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
My people, this is how it happened..My elder brother is working for one of our distanced family relation who is a successful politician.

This exposed him to so many connections, because of his humility,quiet attitude and being straightforward, some of his Boss friends has been asking him to assist them in purchasing some stuffs like vehicle, Mikkano generator etc.

Due to my bro's busy schedule of late, he asked one of his friend which I don't know much about to assist get a Mikkano for one man.
My bro collected the money and handed over to the friend and lo the friend vanished with the money which is about N1.5M.

I wanna help my brother track down the thief..cos the man involved is already threatening to arrest my bro if the money isn't recovered as a result my bro is suspended by his boss till the whole matter is solved.

*First, my brother never liked Police but I insist on reporting the matter to Police or SSS.

*I'm already keeping eye on his facebook page activities (tho he stop using it for now).

Now The Questions Are:

When Police or SSS ask for evidence what would we give cos the money was handed cash!

Also, how much will it cost for Police/SSS to handle the case cos my bro is totally down financially

I'v been seeing some concrete n reasonable comments on matters here, hence my reason to tap few knowledge here before I proceed!
Thanks guys in advance.

Cc: lalasticlacla, Ishilove, Seun..pls help a brother
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by ladyF(f): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Wow

This wouldnt hold up in court. The guy can deny ever collecting money from ur bro and nobody will doubt him cuz there's no proof.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
ladyF:
Wow

This wouldnt hold up in court. The guy can deny ever collecting money from ur bro and nobody will doubt him cuz there's no proof.
Exactly my fear..but em still positive there would be a way out.
What I can't figure out till now is what made my bro trust someone with such amount in this 2015
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by donholy28(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
ur Bros made a mistake that wants to cost him a lot....God will punish d guy...pray he doesn't squander d money b4 he's caught

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Blanc8(m): 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
I go read am later...

seems your brother made a mistake

haven't read it still
the guy under me has something to say
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by ladyF(f): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
brooklyn49:

Exactly my fear..but em still positive there would be a way out.
What I can't figure out till now is what made my bro trust someone with such amount in this 2015
Ur bro should be careful sha. Has he explained to the client?
First thing is to locate the thief. Start from his house, then his siblings, then his parents, his gf, etc. He has to be somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
donholy28:
ur Bros made a mistake that wants to cost him a lot....God will punish d guy...pray he doesn't squander d money b4 he's caught
Amen bro!! Thanks a mil
Seriously I really want the guy to b arrested even if no penny is found on him so my bro would be vindicated..cos the owner of the money is already accusing my bro of conniving with the thief to scam him...when its comes to being truthful, my bro is my role model! I trust him to the bone
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Tallesty1(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
If your bro is a Christian then he should pray seriously first for God's guidance before taking any action.

Now that the police is involved, I think he should give them time to do their job thoroughly.

Also, he should find a way to get in touch with the guy, maybe through his family, girlfriend or friends.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
ladyF:

Ur bro should be careful sha. Has he explained to the client?
First thing is to locate the thief. Start from his house, then his siblings, then his parents, his gf, etc. He has to be somewhere.
Thanks dear for ur concern..its appreciated.

At first my bro didn't want to open up this to anyone..he thought he could face it alone...I'm in(tho uninvited)..I'll make sure I get those details as soon as possible..be it now or later I'm quite sure the guy will surfaced!
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
If your bro is a Christian then he should pray seriously first for God's guidance before taking any action.

Now that the police is involved, I think he should give them time to do their job thoroughly.

Also, he should find a way to get in touch with the guy, maybe through his family, girlfriend or friends.
Thanks bro..points noted!
Wish the mod would give this thread the needed publicity so one or two ppl can learn fro my bro's mistake.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by chomytex(f): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
Money is the root of all evil..I nearly lost my adm cos of a similar case.
Dnt trust any1 wen it comes to money.
I really hope the traitor will be apprehended.
Ur brother shldnt try such again.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by Lanretoye(m): 6:08am On Aug 02, 2015
Tallesty1:

who involve police?. comprehension!
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by andyanders: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
ladyF:
Wow

That is not right because it was a trust reposed on him that made them give him cash without any form of receipt.

So if he start denying that nothing of such was given to him, his reputation is at stake and also would now destroy his integrity if any still left as his boss and his boss friend would now give evidence that the said money was actually given to him.His boss would stand as a witness against your brother and that alone would send him to jail.

Op, how dear your brother would given such his so called trusted friend such amount of money and do not know his house, his relations or a way of getting him?

Your brother can only appeal to his boss, tell him the truth and ask him for time to get the guy.
Re: Help!!! My Brother Is Duped by andyanders: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Your brother can also arrest the relations of his so called friend to see if that would force them to bring him out.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Fraudster Today / Horse Dies After Sexual Assault / 3 Recovered Dead As Building Collapsed In Lagos This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.