Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement (13480 Views)

Top 10 Gospel Rap Song That Will Change Your Life / 9 Songs By Secular Artistes That Could Pass For Gospel Songs.(pics) / Your Top Worship/Gospel Songs In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 7:28am On Aug 02, 2015
Its another day for the Lord. And today, I'm doing this one for those who are going through some things in Life and they're about to give up. These songs, some of which are inspired by the artists personal testimonies and others which are encouraging in words will help you in your struggles.
In case you missed the former thread on gospel jams; here it is https://www.nairaland.com/2478912/top-ten-gospel-jams
**Modified**
I can't believe I almost left out my most favorite on the list!!

1. Smile -Kirk Franklin

Oh oh oh...you look so much better when you smile!
This is one of the greatest songs ever from the dude! The intro with a big bang! Then the ladies coming in with the verses...gosh! For each progression of the song, ur mood gets lifted! He reminds us that we be filled with the Holy Spirit so that whatever we're going through, we'd have enough Joy that will make us Smile!
If u wanna smile the more, go on youtube and watch the Remix with Steve Harvey...takes u back to church in 'Coming to America' grin

2. God favored me -Hezekiah Walker feat. Marvin sapp & DJ Rodgers

Bishop Hez actually called it his Testimony, how God favored him inspight of his enemies and
if God did it for me, he'll do the same thing for you...don't worry about haters, they can do nothing with you
The extended version with Marvin and DJ was as inspiring as the first part with a line from Rodgers
No longer do I cry, when fake friends say goodbye...God favors me

3. Alright -Bishop Noel Jones

Yeah...another Bishop but with a reggae swagger on this. This song strikes out the heretical doctrine that christians are not meant to suffer...but instead, as he puts it, the trials we're facing should bring us closer to our God, and at the very end we'll be brought to a height of peace, tranquility and power. In His time, he'll make everything alright!

4. Amen -Deitrick Haddon feat WWIC M.V.P. Youth Choir

This is for all those who form the habit of complaining everytime they're going through somethings. It reminds us of Jesus who, despite being betrayed by those he loved, despite suffering in the hands of His enemies, despite knowing that all these and more would befall him, He told His Father; 'Amen' Your will be done!
And so as christians, we should learn to always say Amen to God's will and ways because, He knows what's best.

5. He will carry me -Mark Schultz

This particular song has become an anthem for me anytime 'I feel lonely like I have never being before'. Mark's convicting voice and the lyrics of the song will make you always remember that
when all hope is gone, and u've been wounded in battle, Jesus is all the strength you need-He'll carry me!

6. Hold on - James Fortune and Fiya feat. Monica and Fred Hammond

This song is Brilliant in all sense...the wisdom giving to James to select the most suitable artist for a song is just amazing. This one comes with a groove, u'd definetely be smiling when Fred comes in with somedays your sky may look dim and grey, just know your breakthrough's not far away...

7. I understand -Mariah Carey, Kim Burrell and Rance Allen

Wow! This song takes me to church! My favorite part was the 'preacher-like' prayer at the end of the song.
U know when Kim takes a song...u're in for it!
For those like me, who are always being misjudged and no one seems to understand you well, the songs says..
I'm the Lord I see, and Yes I understand

8. It shall come to pass(+ Reprise)- Hezekiah Walker (+Marvin Winans @Reprise)

The bible says, If u delight yourself in Him, He'll give you the desires of your heart...if you believe it, clap your hands and say I believe it
-Bishop Hez
For those 'Declare it by faith' folks yeah...we need faith, but faith comes by hearing the word of God.
This song reminds you of God's promise with the choir continually reiterating 'It shall come to pass'

9. Imagine Me -Kirk Franklin

I think God has used this song to bless so many people going through struggles...each time I listen to it, I always feel happy knowing that "Now I can Imagine me being Free!"

10. God's on your side -Mississipi Mass Choir with Stan Jones and Leandria Johnson

Yeah! My main song!! Stan Jones wrote this song for a friend who was in the Hospital...and now, the song has received so many awards and Testimonies that the friend couldn't give...
Stan Leads the choir in this one, with a remindal that whatever we're going through (if its not cuz of sin) is only a test...so [qoute]wipe the tears from your eyes, because God's on ur side.

Then the Sunday Best season3 winner -miss Johnson comes in..and boom! lipsrsealed

Extra: Yes you can -Donnie Mcclurkin

I had to do this for the Kids...please teach the Kids this song! Its a remindal that they can be whatever they want to be...they just need to put their Faith on Jesus, and he'll make everything set for them.

Add yours wink
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 7:29am On Aug 02, 2015
Extras:
Never would have made it -Marvin Sapp
I'll trust you(Testimony) -James Fortune
My Testimony -Anthony Brown and Group Therapy
Lean on Me- Kirk Franklin feat all stars artists
Said He'll be with Me (+Reprise) -Isaiah D. Thomas
Wait on the Lord -Donnie Mcclurkin
When I think about the Lord -Jason Breland
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala , Ishilove , Pukka36
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by pussygotlips: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Nice list
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lalasticlala cry
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Here's mine.

Ke mmoni jeso -worship house.

I believe in the power of God - Chicago mass choir

Cry out to Jesus - third day

We must praise, sweet Jesus - j Moss

Heroes - Micheal Smith.

A heart like yours - Cece winans

By your side - tenth avenue North

Shine through us - Nick Mott

My life, my all, my all - Kirk Franklin

Busa - omega

There are more, but I don't know the artists, so . . . .

Cc RobinHez.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice list tongue @teempakguy
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
RobinHez:
Nice list tongue @teempakguy
grin
Inspirations must flow.
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 03, 2015
deitrick haddon - prayer

deitrick haddon - we worship you

deitrick haddon - count you blessing

deitrick haddon - we cry holy

damita haddon - it all belongs to you

damita haddon - praise you now

hillsong united - with all I am

Mary Mary - super friend

Michael smith - majesty

Michael Smith - healing rain

1 Like

Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2015
Wow! Clintonopah.. U a Deitrick fanboy? grin
Nice list.
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2015
RobinHez:
Wow! Clintonopah.. U a Deitrick fanboy? grin

Nice list.
yea oo. I love hillsongs united . especially
where my feet may fail

lead me to the cross

scandal of grace

with all I am

mighty to save

more than life.... chai nah 20 I wan come list

1 Like

Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2015
Yesah! Another great song recently released by Kirk.. Wanna be Happy! You'll get encouraged! wink

Pls Lalasticlala, help me push this to frontpage so that choir members will have a song for choir practice tomorrow! Thanks in advance! smiley

Ps: I'm not a chorister lipsrsealed
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2015
Lalasticlala Fp
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 6:55am On Apr 03, 2016
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by RobinHez(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2016
encourage yourself by Donald Lawrence has become one of my all time favorites, too bad I made this list last year sad

Also add best for last by Donald Lawrence ... In short D. Lawrence became my favorite artist of 2016 because of his style of music and scripture based lyrics!
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by kachi19: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
RobinHez:
Its another day for the Lord. And today, I'm doing this one for those who are going through some things in Life and they're about to give up. These songs, some of which are inspired by the artists personal testimonies and others which are encouraging in words will help you in your struggles.
In case you missed the former thread on gospel jams; here it is https://www.nairaland.com/2478912/top-ten-gospel-jams
**Modified**
I can't believe I almost left out my most favorite on the list!!

1. Smile -Kirk Franklin

This is one of the greatest songs ever from the dude! The intro with a big bang! Then the ladies coming in with the verses...gosh! For each progression of the song, ur mood gets lifted! He reminds us that we be filled with the Holy Spirit so that whatever we're going through, we'd have enough Joy that will make us Smile!
If u wanna smile the more, go on youtube and watch the Remix with Steve Harvey...takes u back to church in 'Coming to America' grin

Add yours wink

You should add "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli or Donnie McClurkin and yolanda Adams smiley
Re: My Top 10 Gospel songs of encouragement by Damolux01(m): 6:09am On Apr 06, 2016
Pls. Where can I download all these songs to my phone? Wapptrick is off it while tubidy seems to be too silent.

(1) (Reply)

Lucy - "Special Driver" Ft Cynthia Morgan / OFFICIAL VIDEO: Phyno Ft. Flavour - Authe / Grow Your Business Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.