Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (37598 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Splashme: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
[size=13pt]It's laughable how these gullible blind Buhari supporters reason. Even Buhari himself has distanced himself from credit his brainwashed maggots ascribe to him concerning refineries but they still insist

Na wa oo . . . . . . . this looks like the height of stupidity, I swear

Even Tinubu knows the Du.llard has not done anything and is appealing to Nigerians to allow him some honeymoon
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by DebateNigeria: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lalasticala pls take this to fp.
Truth cannot hide. GEJ tried his best. He quietly transformed Nigeria. If he had constructive opposition Nigeria would have been better today. The then opposition worked, prayed and supported anything that will destroy this country just because they wanted power by all means

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by gabbytabby: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
You people can be damn funny I swear. I have been giving you signs to stay on topic as regards the refinery but you seem to be deliberately trying to derail to subsidy. Lol, how much was spent on subsidy between May 29 and now? ... Go figure!

Anyway, GEJ's credit goes the refineries...

I was one of GEJ supporters when he won the election in2011. While not excited about the timing., l appreciated the arguments in favour of subsidy removal but at the same time heard the cry of the citizens as to the effects on their lives.

Whatever inroad was made with regards to refining in 9ja was made inconsequential by the astronomical increase in subsidy payments.

l am giving you signs to be a progressive instead of a retrograde.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by fulanimafia: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

I don't even know youe point. I don't respond to "according to the source" either. Meanwhile, the same Diezani told EFCC to investigate the Oil Swaps stuff? You guys and propaganda sha...

Pls, dispute any of the fact! Stop asking me useless question when you have seen how GEJ met the refineries and how he left the refineries. Facts don't lie!

You can only deceive the gullible, you are completely empty about your assertions.

The issue is not about what was done to the refineries under GEJ, nobody is disputing those efforts.

The issue is the deliberate sabotage of the refineries operations in order to make a leeway for corruption and looting through oil swaps and other questionable arrangements by GEJ, Diezani and the PDP which frustrated the effective revival of the refineries operations.

The defeat and ejection of the aforementioned characters, catalysed by the emergence of an incorruptible, integrity-laden, no-nonsense President thoroughly experienced in the workings and administration of the refineries and the petroleum industry in general, made possible the accelerated revival of the refineries.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by MabraO: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Same old thrash
I thought I would see something different from image123 write up only to see a different monicker from d opposition spewing poo

This op is becoming irrelevant
I pity ur followers
Children if hate they never get tired hating

7 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Emperortj93(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

Also cc: APC... Image123
thankx for the mention barcanista

@topic, buhari and his fellow apc cows have being found out.

All talk and no action make beremx a bubu cow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Image123(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
LRNZH:

I didn't realise that some people would be more pained by PDP's electoral loss than the cabalocratic party itself. A case of the beggars wailing more than the bereaved oga.
Lol, don't mind barcanista, crying more than the bereaved. See him screaming for front-page as if it would somehow redeem him. He forgot to tell us the fact that Mrs Diezani had completed processes to sell the refineries. Truth really hit him bitterly but it's not meant to be taken personally sha. Even the "cabalocratic people" aren't as pained.

7 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Jesusloveyou: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
gabbytabby:
The problem with the write up is an inability to reconcile this with spend on imported crude in the form of subsidy payments.

If more oil is refined locally then the correlation suggests that less should be imported and so less subsidy payments.

Conclusion someone is lying or another is stealing which by the way is not corruption. grin
u are right, d op is very funny ooo, how can d three refinery produce 10m fuel everyday and we consume according to them 30m, and they import 40m everyday, who their clueless corrupt hero want to deceive

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Na wa o
anonimi:

Stop spreading LIES, you hear?

Did you support the removal of fuel subsidy in January 2012

Meanwhile the packaged expired product that APC marketed successfully to us on March 28 said he does not know about fuel subsidy yet he continues paying, two months into his government shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

Perhaps the president's wife has convinced the 72-year old pensioner, who confessed he cannot perform, to let the cabal be instead of trying to kick them out as Jonathan did in January 2012 by removing subsidy completely and deregulating the downstream sector.

Alhaji Adewale Jubril Tinubu is the CEO of Oando Oil company

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Splashme: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

The issue is the deliberate sabotage of the refineries operations in order to make a leeway for corruption and looting through oil swaps and other questionable arrangements by GEJ, Diezani and the PDP.

The GEJ I know never ever supported subsidy. He had always siezed every opportunity to express his non-support of the subsidy regime and at a number of times attempted to remove it

So, was GEJ benefitting from fuel subsidy and still wanted to remove it?

Will you attempt to 'put sand' in a plate of food you are feeding from since you now want us to beleive he was gaining from the subsidy regime

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Teekrayne(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Another word for trash undecidedAnother word for trash

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
DebateNigeria:
Lalasticala pls take this to fp.
Truth cannot hide. GEJ tried his best. He quietly transformed Nigeria. If he had constructive opposition Nigeria would have been better today. The then opposition worked, prayed and supported anything that will destroy this country just because they wanted power by all Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

You can only deceive the gullible, you are completely empty about your assertions.

The issue is not about what was done to the refineries under GEJ, nobody is disputing those efforts.

The issue is the deliberate sabotage of the refineries operations in order to make a leeway for corruption and looting through oil swaps and other questionable arrangements by GEJ, Diezani and the PDP which frustrated the effective revival of the refineries operations.

The defeat and ejection of the aforementioned characters, catalysed by the emergence of an incorruptible, integrity-laden, no-nonsense President thoroughly experienced in the workings and administration of the refineries and the petroleum industry in general, made possible the accelerated revival of the refineries.
I don't think you understand the isssue here. You don't even knw that GEJ was never pro-subsidy while APC was the opposite? You don't even knw that Diezani initiated the EFCC probe of the swap stuff? Bros, abeg free me joor..

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by fulanimafia: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Splashme:

The GEJ I know never ever supported subsidy. He had always siezed every opportunity to express his non-support of the subsidy regime and at a number of times attempted to remove it

So, was GEJ benefitting from fuel subsidy and still wanted to remove it?

Save your preaching for the choir.

Why did GEJ and his cronies deliberately and dramatically increase the oil swap deals (which are inherently questionable) at the same time the refineries were reported to have resumed operating last year?

Oil swap arrangements are different from subsidy payments. Lets not even bring up the fraudulent Offshore Processing Agreements yet.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Emperortj93:
thankx for the mention barcanista

@topic, buhari and his fellow apc cows have being found out.

All talk and no action make beremx a bubu cow
Welcome brother.

Lalasticlala happy Sunday
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by francizy(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

Also cc: APC... Image123

I find it rather amusing when the likes of midolian and passingshot make kiddish statements like: the fear of Buhari revived the power sectors and fixed the refineries. Where has it ever been heard that the fear of someone built something? I find that statement rather uncalled for as these two peeps including others who supported their statements may be well over 30..

By the way, Buhari is presently riding on the goodwill of our economic destroyers and thus enjoying GEJ's layed down foundation. If he ever steps foot in a direction contrary to what his owners want, they will crumble his government within a twinkle of an eye..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by baralatie(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
NAIJASOM:
The people trying so hard to give PMB credit for GEJ policies are NOT doing him any favors. All buhari will end up doing is to sit back and relax and just take credit for the works of last administration.

Investors are still uncertain about what direction he plans to take the ongoing reforms started by the last administration and this is affecting FDI and the stock market. I am waiting to see the quality ministers he appoints. That will give me a good indication what the next 4 years would be like.
do you now see the main issues.PMB approach of doing nothing and saying nothing is negative to the gains achieved.
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by aspirebig: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jona may have his fault as a human, but many people surrounding him too never wish him well . They just run his government down.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Jesusloveyou: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Splashme:
[size=13pt]It's laughable how these gullible blind Buhari supporters reason. Even Buhari himself has distanced himself from credit his brainwashed maggots ascribe to him concerning refineries but they still insist

Na wa oo . . . . . . . this looks like the height stupidity, I swear

Even Tinubu knows the Du.llard has not done anything and is appealing to Nigerians to allow him some honeymoon
[/size]
is like u saTANist don't understand common English, buhari has not done anything in refinery, but why did it fail to work since 2013, and suddenly started working within 2months of buhari, and d good part of d game, is that,PMB has not even start with nnpc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Please move on with this your Jonathan did this,Jonathan did that. In so much I do not enjoy the benefit during Jonathan's era,he should share nothing with the era I enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by fulanimafia: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

I don't think you understand the isssue here. You don't even knw that GEJ was never pro-subsidy while APC was the opposite? You don't even knw that Diezani initiated the EFCC probe of the swap stuff? Bros, abeg free me joor..

You can only fool your minions with that trash.

Can you deny that Diezani last year increased oil swaps and OPA's from 270,000 bpd to 445,000 bpd at the same time repairs of the refineries were completed thereby starving the refineries?

Jonathan and co. sabotaged our refineries. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
francizy:

I find it rather amusing when the likes of mid.olian and passingsh.ot make kiddish statements like: the fear of Buhari revived the power sectors and fixed the refineries. Where has it ever been heard that the fear of someone built something? I find that statement rather uncalled for as these two peeps including others who supported their statements may be well over 30..

By the way, Buhari is presently riding on the goodwill of our economic destroyers and thus enjoying GEJ's played down foundation. If he ever steps foot in a direction contrary to what his owners want, they will crumble his government within a twinkle of an eye..
We have a serious problem in Nigeria. I laugh when someone said "fear of PMB".... When a man wants to appear stupid he makes ridiculous and irrational statement.

*Fear of PMB* hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by joseph1832(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
In a very simple question, where the refineries working at all as at when GEJ left office?.

All these essays and counter essays are unnecessary. Just simple question require simple answer. Its that simple.

4 Likes

Seems election is not yet over on NL,,,,

The PDP cohorts on NL is more hardworking than the PDP who just lost elections.. - serious opposition here.. with all this repetitive counter-threads.,,,,

OP,, PDP is recruiting... they need you more than NL needs you..

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Despite 1 liter was not refined under him...this writer is blinfolded with his masters foolishness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by BashMe1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dis op mehn, fink straight 4 once na. d reformed refineries during Gej, why weren't dey workin'?

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by fyneboi79(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday to all. I am so glad to be writing on a very important subject that is generating unnecessary controversy powered by supporters of the ruling party. To cut the story short, this article is to set the record straight and counter the distortion of facts by a pro-APC poster on this thread Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget.

1. The Situation/Capacity of Our 4 Refineries Before Jonathan:
To appreciate where we are we need to cast our mind where we were. Let's see the refining capacities between of our 4 Refineries between 2001 and 2010.

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:
In 2001, it operated at 60.73 percent, 52.17 (2002), 41.88% (2003), 31.04 percent (2004), 42.18 percent (2005), 50.26 percent (2006), 24.87 percent (2007), 17.84 percent (2008), 9.08 percent (2009), and 9.17 percent (2010), averaging 34 percent in ten years.

***Jonathan Inherited PHCR at 9.17% capacity***

KADUNA REFINERY:
Kaduna refinery operated at 31.39 percent capacity utilisation in 2001, 34.95 percent (2002), 15.96 percent (2003), 26 percent (2004), 33.08 percent
(2005), 8.34 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 19.56 percent (2008); 20.02 percent (2009), and 20.46 percent (2010). On average, in the ten years, the
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical complex attained capacity utilisation of 20.97 percent.

***Jonathan Inherited KDRPC at 20.46% capacity***

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)
Warri refinery operated at 48.29 percent in 2001, 55.53 percent (2002), 14.27 percent (2003), 9.10 percent (2004), 54.85 percent (2005), 3.85 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 38.52 percent (2008), 43.01 percent (2009), and 43.36 percent (2010), averaging 31 percent between 2001 and 2010.

***Jonathan Inherited WARPC at 43.36% capacity***
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-case-for-increasing-refining-capacity/105378/

Nigeria's Refining Capacity During GEJ Era:
May 2013: Portharcourt Refinery (66%)Kaduna Refinery (65%), and Warri (63%)
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Thursday, announced an improvement in Nigeria’s refining capacity, declaring that domestic refining of Premium Motor Spirits, PMS, at the country’s three refineries has increased to 10.23 million litres per day.

He disclosed that the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is currently running at 65 percent installed capacity, while the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company is producing at 63 per cent and the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company at 66 per cent of installed capacity.

“Infact, these refineries have been running consistently for over three months now.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-refineries-now-producing-10m-litresday-of-fuel-nnpc/

Before that statement was made, the then Minister of Petroleum Mrs Alison Madueke had stated in March that early turn around maintenance was already ongoing while the MAIN TAM that was expected to yield the 90% projected capacity was expected to commence later that year.

"Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year. The TAM and rehabilitation work for Kaduna and Warri refineries are intended to follow in quarter four of this year and quarter one of next year respectively,”

“Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/tam-fg-begins-work-on-port-harcourt-refinery-next-month/

Nobody or Group disputed the position of the NNPC. So who was responsible for the improvement to 64% working capacity of our combined refineries in May 2013? JONATHAN of course

October 2014: Turn Around Maintenance Began For The Optiman Performace of Our Refineries (80%):
While the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries were built by two Japanese firms - Chioda and JGC, the Warri Refinery was built by Snapcogetti of Italy.

According to The Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, of the NNPC, Dr. Tim Okon when SAIPEM eventually came, it offered to maintain Port Harcourt Refineries at $550 million, Kaduna Refineries at $600 million and Warri Refinery at $180 million.

Okon said the bills were unacceptable to them because they were too high despite the fact that the figures were eventually reviewed downwards. He said the high bills prompted NNPC to send some of their engineers to the builders abroad to learn the repair processes with a view to saving costs.

Following this move, Okon said NNPC began to spend as low as N10 million to maintain the refineries every month as from October 2014. Following this
development, he said the four refineries would roar back to life and produce in optimum capacity from the first quarter of 2016.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-ceo-crude-oil-prices-to-remain-low/203419/

***The Testimony/revelation was made on March 05, 2015***

The Transformational Result By GEJ's Effort
On the 10th of June, the GMD NNPC came out to make the following statements..

“We are taking the refineries unit by unit and carrying out turnaround maintenance on them. So in other words, the maintenance are being carried out on the run and we started a couple of months ago.

“Most of the refineries have advanced to a certain stage where they will be able to operate very soon.
For example, the Port Harcourt refinery, which has reached an advanced stage, will start receiving crude by end of this month and then of course will start contributing to the available products in the country.”
www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-refinery-to-commence-operations-in-july-nnpc-gmd/

I hope this is satisfactory enough? I hope the APC fans will emulate Buhari by giving credit to whom it is due?
May Amadioha bend the hand that typed this rubbish. Gej my bl00dy foot! Mumu boy like u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Ediss(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday to all. I am so glad to be writing on a very important subject that is generating unnecessary controversy powered by supporters of the ruling party. To cut the story short, this article is to set the record straight and counter the distortion of facts by a pro-APC poster on this thread Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget.

1. The Situation/Capacity of Our 4 Refineries Before Jonathan:
To appreciate where we are we need to cast our mind where we were. Let's see the refining capacities between of our 4 Refineries between 2001 and 2010.

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:
In 2001, it operated at 60.73 percent, 52.17 (2002), 41.88% (2003), 31.04 percent (2004), 42.18 percent (2005), 50.26 percent (2006), 24.87 percent (2007), 17.84 percent (2008), 9.08 percent (2009), and 9.17 percent (2010), averaging 34 percent in ten years.

***Jonathan Inherited PHCR at 9.17% capacity***

KADUNA REFINERY:
Kaduna refinery operated at 31.39 percent capacity utilisation in 2001, 34.95 percent (2002), 15.96 percent (2003), 26 percent (2004), 33.08 percent
(2005), 8.34 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 19.56 percent (2008); 20.02 percent (2009), and 20.46 percent (2010). On average, in the ten years, the
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical complex attained capacity utilisation of 20.97 percent.

***Jonathan Inherited KDRPC at 20.46% capacity***

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)
Warri refinery operated at 48.29 percent in 2001, 55.53 percent (2002), 14.27 percent (2003), 9.10 percent (2004), 54.85 percent (2005), 3.85 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 38.52 percent (2008), 43.01 percent (2009), and 43.36 percent (2010), averaging 31 percent between 2001 and 2010.

***Jonathan Inherited WARPC at 43.36% capacity***
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-case-for-increasing-refining-capacity/105378/

Nigeria's Refining Capacity During GEJ Era:
May 2013: Portharcourt Refinery (66%)Kaduna Refinery (65%), and Warri (63%)
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Thursday, announced an improvement in Nigeria’s refining capacity, declaring that domestic refining of Premium Motor Spirits, PMS, at the country’s three refineries has increased to 10.23 million litres per day.

He disclosed that the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is currently running at 65 percent installed capacity, while the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company is producing at 63 per cent and the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company at 66 per cent of installed capacity.

“Infact, these refineries have been running consistently for over three months now.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-refineries-now-producing-10m-litresday-of-fuel-nnpc/

Before that statement was made, the then Minister of Petroleum Mrs Alison Madueke had stated in March that early turn around maintenance was already ongoing while the MAIN TAM that was expected to yield the 90% projected capacity was expected to commence later that year.

"Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year. The TAM and rehabilitation work for Kaduna and Warri refineries are intended to follow in quarter four of this year and quarter one of next year respectively,”

“Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/tam-fg-begins-work-on-port-harcourt-refinery-next-month/

Nobody or Group disputed the position of the NNPC. So who was responsible for the improvement to 64% working capacity of our combined refineries in May 2013? JONATHAN of course

October 2014: Turn Around Maintenance Began For The Optiman Performace of Our Refineries (80%):
While the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries were built by two Japanese firms - Chioda and JGC, the Warri Refinery was built by Snapcogetti of Italy.

According to The Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, of the NNPC, Dr. Tim Okon when SAIPEM eventually came, it offered to maintain Port Harcourt Refineries at $550 million, Kaduna Refineries at $600 million and Warri Refinery at $180 million.

Okon said the bills were unacceptable to them because they were too high despite the fact that the figures were eventually reviewed downwards. He said the high bills prompted NNPC to send some of their engineers to the builders abroad to learn the repair processes with a view to saving costs.

Following this move, Okon said NNPC began to spend as low as N10 million to maintain the refineries every month as from October 2014. Following this
development, he said the four refineries would roar back to life and produce in optimum capacity from the first quarter of 2016.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-ceo-crude-oil-prices-to-remain-low/203419/

***The Testimony/revelation was made on March 05, 2015***

The Transformational Result By GEJ's Effort
On the 10th of June, the GMD NNPC came out to make the following statements..

“We are taking the refineries unit by unit and carrying out turnaround maintenance on them. So in other words, the maintenance are being carried out on the run and we started a couple of months ago. DOA dead on arrival

“Most of the refineries have advanced to a certain stage where they will be able to operate very soon.
For example, the Port Harcourt refinery, which has reached an advanced stage, will start receiving crude by end of this month and then of course will start contributing to the available products in the country.”
www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-refinery-to-commence-operations-in-july-nnpc-gmd/

I hope this is satisfactory enough? I hope the APC fans will emulate Buhari by giving credit to whom it is due?
DOA dead on arrival

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by eedriyz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Keep revealing GEJ's incompetence...

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by kunleeko(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
If what ur hero was able to achieve is to fix 4 refineries without building any new one with all the money we made from crude oil and even exceses made from the sales, rather the theft under this same administration was second to none, Then it is a shame on all u TANOIDS and wailers.

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by fyneboi79(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
tkcosby02:
Despite 1 liter was not refined under him...this writer is blinfolded with his masters foolishness.
The foolish boy is possessed with d spirit of idi0tic madness

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / Reps Order 400 Exotic Cars, Reject Nigerian Brands / insecurity: FG Sets Up Committee, Moves To Reduce Youths Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.