Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? (10324 Views)

Is There Any Difference Between WAEC And GCE? / Lagos State Polytechnic Admision For Part Time Is Out: / Hnd List For Full Time Is Out ,federal Polytechnic Ede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by zigzaglife: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2009
I have been writing Jamb for the past 5 years, only failed it once, i wasn't lucky enough to be offered admission and i'm kind of fed up. A friend advised me to run part time programme in a University and i think i'm taking this into consideration so far it's the same Bsc degree. Apart from the difference in the years of both, I want to know if there is a significant difference between getting an admission through Jamb and running part time.
God bless.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by akinacct(m): 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2009
ZIGZAGLIFE, My dear, there is a lot of diff, view it in any ways, the kind of knowledge u will acquire, ful time student is now perceive to be half baked talk less of PT students, and also the issue of NYSC ,most of the part time graduates don't go for service , thus,. again the labour market also discriminate not only because of age but also the so cal Discharge cert, without U undergo the Service, but if u have a good job, it is advised, becos the labour market is choke up for Full time graduate not to talk of PT Graduate
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by alimat2(f): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
@poster
Are u a male of remale?, hw old are u now? u hv to answer dis question inorder to know where you will belong at the end. u can easily add some years to ur age b4 taking the rite decision's.PT or not PT u might end up learning a trade if care in nt taking.
BE WISE
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by tokjohn: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
Hello,

I was told that people who are into Part - Time base on (Saturday and Sunday class) would not be able to do NYSC. Would that be the same for those
who are into (Evening weekdays classes). please your advice would be much regarded for it would help a lot of people.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by alimat2(f): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
PT is PT no any classification be it weekends evenings or afternoon.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by tokjohn: 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2009
PLease we need advice for Part - Time student.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by tokjohn: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2009
Is it that student who are into Part - time would not be able to serve. Please i would like to know.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by sagacious(f): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
Your decision should base on good and reasonable reasons.I will advice if you have a stable job and you think you can manage part time with your job, why not? Evening classes are always stressful but provided you are working,your working experience is not a waste in labour market,also NYSC certificate is of good value in labour market.Once you are not lazy in pursing additional qualification, you will see yourself flying without wings
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by tpia: 2:49am On Mar 21, 2009
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by tokjohn: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2009
Please i really want to know if student who are doing Part - Time, or are through with Part - Time Courses would be able to do NYSC.

I know someone who is doing Part - Time he is working as well, but we want to have more information base on if it would be possible to do NYSC when we are through.

Please we really want to know.

Thanks

Worried.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by Jcob(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2009
Ask your director in school. Partimers dont serve.
Re: Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? by WilderPeters: 2:17pm On May 28, 2022
The most frequent forms of career are full-time and part-time work. Both have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of which one to pursue depends on a variety of factors. The number of hours worked each week is another significant distinction between part-time and full-time employment. Full-time employees typically work 40 or more hours per week, while part-time employees usually work fewer than 40 hours. another key difference is job security. Full-time employees typically enjoy greater job security than part-time employees, as they are more likely to be considered essential to the company's operations. Finally, full-time employees typically receive more benefits than part-time employees, such as health insurance and paid vacation days. While part-time work has its own set of advantages, such as greater flexibility, it is clear that full-time work provides more stability and security. If you're looking for part time jobs visit https://whatevercoach.com/jobs/part-time-jobs-near-me/.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Any Polytechnic Selling Hnd Forms Now / Fg Scraps Hnd, Converts Polytechnics To Campuses Of Universities / ASUU Calls On NASS To Pass The Bill To Amend NUC Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.