Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? (1301 Views)

Does This Little Boy Deserve This Punishment? (photo) / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
I was summoned from school by my parents to help weed the farm, being their kid who is staying very close to them, I have no option other to leave my academic hustle to harken to the voice of my parents.

As a good son, I came back on Friday, by 6.30am Saturday I was off after morning prayers. By 11.30 am, I was home hungry and tired after doing a sizeable days job. I took my bath and went to the kitchen, I remembered we have little soup left, so I made garri. Meanwhile, mum went to morning mass and will attend a meeting afterwards so I wasn't expecting to eat a heartwarming mealsoon.

So after making the garri ,I went to the soup pot but couldn't find it so I asked mum who was peeling yam at the corridor of the kitchen. She told me matter of factly that she and dad have eaten it,==""Mum please I am serious , where is it"" I said smiling feeling good about the joke that is being made on y expenses. She pointed to our wash area where the pot is clearly visible with the spoon inside indicating ' it has finished'. I was stunned for some second before I rushed off to where the pot is, alas!!! it has finished indeed. I looked at my mum and then the pot and my face failed, hot tears started streaming down my eye.
She was so busy not to notice what was going on until I sniff in between sobs, I have never seen anybody as shell shocked as my mum as she watched the bizarre occurrence happening before her . Then her facial muscle started twitching with the start of a smile to a full blown laughter-------

oh God!!!! I exclaimed"". What sort of humiliation is this, a big boy like me in my early twenties crying over a pot of soup.

It didn't end there, she stopped laughing when I dropped the pot and went to my room to lay flat on my tummy. A little later Mum remembered we have bread and asked me if I will take some beverage , I answered in affirmative, she went ahead to prepare a huge cup. I took the cup then went to the parlour to get the bread from the fridge, as I was rummaging looking for the damn bread , my dad demanded from behind me
"" young man what are you looking for""?
I answered quietly with the much strength the hunger can allow me
"" I am looking for bread"".
He told me blatantly as if he was doing me a huge favour that
""the bread has finished"".
He went further to rub the salt deeply by telling me that mum ate it when she can back from church.
Hey Mum hey! hey!! the tears started afresh.
I was spellbound before proceeding to ask mum why! mum why me today!!! God why!! na because of food I dey cry , no be better food, na scrap from an obviously burnt soup pot. Cheii!!!!

When the tear started afresh , mum thought I was losing it that she left what she was doing and ran out to buy bread at the gate.

As I was leaving this evening, they gave me more than they used to give, maybe they are compensating me for the soup and bread or for humiliating myself or for being their laughing stock.
I have plan B now, Mum I am waiting!!!!

Please I have to let it off, don't murder me with ridicules.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by donholy28(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Choi! well written...I feel for u bro...but u mean say u no get dime 4 pocket…anyway keep us informed on d revenge saga

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by dominique(f): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
But she went out to buy the bread that you eventually ate didnt she? And she gave you extra pocket money school. What else do you want May God forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cry, cry baby!
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by enoqueen: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
They are not your real parent.

Or what else do you wanna hear.
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by shonupe(f): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
;Dats vry funny thou! ;DLols. Dats vry funny thou!
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by goodmorning40: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Go for DNA test
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by SugaryBelle(f): 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is really funny.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by UnknownT: 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
DON sapienta, cry cry don! The dons I know don't cry tongue
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by beau49: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
gringringrin op I feel your pain.
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by MARKone(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Big boy, why didn't go out to buy food, look for a big boys' restaurant to fill ur stomach , and at 20+ years, ya mama still dey make tea for you, them dey pamper you sef.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by Richy4(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2015
That is one of the disadvantage and what happens when You are in Imo state, and u chose IMSU or FUTO.
You are in Enugu, u said UNN or Esut is better.
In lagos you prefer unilag. They will call you for anything and everything.

Next time advice someone you know to choose an institution a little bit far from home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by ellahzy(f): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
Richy4:
That is one of the disadvantage and what happens when You are in Imo state, and u chose IMSU or FUTO.
You are in Enugu, u said UNN or Esut is better.
In lagos you prefer unilag. They will call you for anything and everything.

Next time advice someone you know to choose an institution a little bit far from home.

grin grin
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by 5minsmadness: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
enoqueen:
They are not your real parent.

Or what else do you wanna hear.

grin
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by FlySly05: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
This is so funny it should be moved to the jokes section. grin grin grin
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by MicroBox: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Go to your dad drawer and steal #80,000 also to your mum and dad bedroom and watch the pillow closely pick any residual hair and rush to genetic test lab.,.,. the are not your parent but your foster parent for allowing you cry like an idiot
Re: What Did I Do To My Mum To Deserve This.? by anthoniaz(f): 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sorry smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Hate? / A Nairalander With His Younger Ones / Does Anyone Know Of Any Private Cemeteries In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.