Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? (1060 Views)

What’s Wrong With This Audi Billboard? (photo) / What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? / 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 03, 2015
I've had the spark plugs changed, the fuel filter too and also used a carb and choke cleaner to clean chokes and clear the air filter. But still no improvement. The car still has a massively poor MPG of 11

The car is a 2005 Acura TSX.

This low MPG began after it has an accident where it climbed a high curb and the rear suspension bent out of place. The fuel tank was removed, because some welding had to be done in that area holding the fuel tank. Could it be that the fuel tank isn't put back properly and fuel is leaking out?

What possible problems could make a car reduce more than half way in fuel economy?

The chock n carb cleaner was used because, according to my mechanic the extreme blackness in my exhaust is what's causing the low MPG, but still the low MPG persists, even after cleaning the chokes n carb.

Someone please help and advice me.

I stay in Abuja, and I don't know of any reputable and knowledgeable mechanic again. It seems like they all use trial and error method.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 03, 2015
D4V1DD4:
I've had the spark plugs changed, the fuel filter too and also used a carb and choke cleaner to clean chokes and clear the air filter. But still no improvement. The car still has a massively poor MPG of 11

This low MPG began after it has an accident where it climbed a high curb and the rear suspension bent out of place. The fuel tank was removed, because some welding had to be done in that area holding the fuel tank. Could it be that the fuel tank isn't put back properly and fuel is leaking out?

What possible problems could make a car reduce more than half way in fuel economy?

The chock n carb cleaner was used because, according to my mechanic the extreme blackness in my exhaust is what's causing the low MPG, but still the low MPG persists, even after cleaning the chokes n carb.

I stay in Abuja, and I don't know of any reputable and knowledgeable mechanic again. It seems like they all use trial and error method.
Call me, I'd check it and inform you on next line of action....
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by chukel(m): 6:08am On Aug 03, 2015
D4V1DD4:

have u heard of scanning a car? please scan this car. the problem may not be far from MAF. it may even be binding brakes. please scan the car bro.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by mayor2013: 6:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Run a diagnosis on your car
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by earthrealm(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
scan the car and post codes.....
io bet ur check engine light is on
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please how and where can I scan the car in Abuja? How much would it cost me? Yes, the check engine light is on.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
D4V1DD4:
Please how and where can I scan the car in Abuja? How much would it cost me? Yes, the check engine light is on.
On your check engine light issue, we've spoken, let's see on Wednesday.. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World Nigerians Can't Afford / When You Ask Your Igbo Wife To Help You Register Your Car / Top Ten Fastest Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.