Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) (56321 Views)

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / A Place Saved From Erosion In Anambra: Before And After Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 04, 2015
stag:

I feel the plight of the igbo because I have some extent of stake in it and I have had great warm friends who are Igbos.
[s]But, unfortunately the way your leaders are going about it won't yield much. A tree can not be a forest. You need allies. You can't fight the yaribas, fight the hawusas and discriminate against the Aniomas, look down on South-South and hope to politically gain ground.

Don't play the victim card while preaching only hate. Iran just sacrificed something because they want to move ahead, away from sanctions and hate from the western media. China, Singapore n co opted for partnerships to be able to grow.

You should be building, not burning bridges. You may later not need the bridges but cross to your promised land first.[/s] You need visionary strategists and very diplomatic masterminds as leaders and you would realize your dream of Biafra without a single blood shed.

Best of luck, friend.

It is quite commendable for you to understand the wickedness being carried out in this contraption. But what I see as been economical with the truth is you stating that Igbos are fighting everybody including discriminating against the Aniomas, and that they are not building bridges! This sort of propaganda should not be condoned. 

If there is any one tribe in the world that values and protects the stranger that tribe is Igbo. Igbos permeate almost every nook and cranny of the country, peacefully and immensely contributing their quota to the economic advancement of the locals and the country at large. I am yet to read Igbos on rampage causing havoc and fighting their 'host'. Igbos network with their 'host', build business empires and some of them even get married to their 'host', all for peaceful co-existence and building bridges. Is there any tribe that exhibits such 'Nigerianess' than the Igbos? NO! Is that not building bridges? Is that tantamount to preaching hate and burning bridges?

But what do the Igbos get in return for this patriotic display of One Nigeria - threats and destruction of their lives and properties by the so called 'host'? Igbos are being harassed, molested and their legal businesses distrupted on regular basis by the 'host' and its government. 

Oba Riliwanu Akiolu of Lagos even went as far as threatening to drown Igbos in the Lagoon if they did not vote for his candidate in the last 2015 election. And a good number of Yorubas hailed and supported their Oba for the bold step!

May I ask you, for many decades now, how did Hausa-Fulani build bridges with the frequent killings and destruction of lives, properties and places of Christian worships, not to mention the Boko-Haram insurgents who are not only threatening the existence of the country but maim and kill peasants farmers and villagers on a regular basis? But they now have the presidency and the Yorubas vice-presidency! What a misnomer!

In the light of this, it is very unjust to accuse Igbos of preaching hatred and not building bridges just because they seek a legal way of determining their destiny. Stating that Igbos are not building bridges or that they are playing the victim card while preaching only hate messages is demonising to state the least. 

The Igbos have done much and achieved much for themselves and Nigeria. Whatever negative impression you get from any quarter is as result of envy - the pull-him-down syndrome. But that has not deterred Igbos from waxing stronger and excelling in almost every socio-economic index.

Let's try to be objective with our views and desist from propagating the usual lies and falsehood to attempt to divert attention from the nitty gritty.

5 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 04, 2015
nwaanambra1:

Eziokwu bu ndu! God bless you so much!

[s]I keep telling my people, jonathan is the worst thing to have hit the igboland since after the civil war!

The loses we incurred bc of the jonathan is much more than the loses we incurred during the civil war!

After taking us back 30 years bc of our support for him, his people have now moved on leaving us behind and worst is, they have taken our blessings along with them! Now they are gaining political appointments that should av been rightly ours![/s]

His people hav even started warning us to keep them out our stvpid quest for Biafra! cheesy

NDI IGBO ITS TIME WE OPEN OUR EYESoooo!
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by squaddy(m): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
Hahahaha. So ALL Igbos were Ojukwu. Look at this f00l. How many Igbos at the time were millionaires? You see what happens when you don't have a history? I know your monkey parents didn't know the purchasing power of the pound in the 60s; that's why they told you they were millionaires. That's why they borrowed the stories of Ojukwu. LMAO. Even Ojukwu's father could not claim to have millions of pounds to his name at the time. Now JAMB question for you; how much was a Rolls Royce in the 60s? Don't bother asking your illiterate FATHER though; he has no clue.
Dummy so when I say "Families" your clogged head translates it to mean begining and ending with the ojukwus?? The ojukwus were the only Igbo families with kids schooling abroad in the 60's? Did the "chauffeur" get your thought process racing in different directions? You see what having Amala for breakfast does to you? It kills comprehension skills. Still waiting to see how you can wriggle out of your "the annual salary of workers in the 60's not being up to £20" bombshell though. You are the exact opposite of your moniker-illogical and incoherent. Your native Amala induced name will serve better in giving anyone who wants to indulge you a heads up.

4 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by IGBOSON1: 2:03am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
...so na Federal Government that will sink in money just for you to have a man made seaport? Man! grin

^^^Isn't it the same federal gov't that has spent billions of dollars building a refinery in the North; laying underground pipelines to draw crude from the Niger Delta to the north; building irrigation and hydro-electric dams in the North; and funding near empty LGAs and unviable states created for the sole aim of grabbing more of that oyel money?

For a people whose resources have given Nigeria Billions of dollars over the past four decades, i don't see why spending a bit of that money to make Onitsha accessible to the sea is a problem!

7 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 3:36am On Aug 04, 2015
squaddy:
Blah blah blah...amala...babbling...blah blah amala
I doubt you'd make sense to even your FATHER; even as you inherited the mental illness troubling you from him.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 3:45am On Aug 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Isn't it the same federal gov't that has spent billions of dollars building a refinery in the North; laying underground pipelines to draw crude from the Niger Delta to the north; building irrigation and hydro-electric dams in the North; and funding near empty LGAs and unviable states created for the sole aim of grabbing more of that oyel money?

For a people whose resources have given Nigeria Billions of dollars over the past four decades, i don't see why spending a bit of that money to make Onitsha accessible to the sea is a problem!
LOL. See sense of entitlement. Yes, I expected Kaduna refinery would enter this discussion; it doesn't make sense. I agree. But guess what, the dudes who decided to come up with the jaw dropping idea were military and in power. Maybe you should make a grab for power too. Let's see how that goes.

Back to your sense of entitlement; the people of the coastline are more entitled than anywhere in Igboland on your claim to giving Nigeria billions of dollars. In which case the people of Rivers, Bayelsa and even Ondo would have a case to clamor for an expensive man-made seaport. They are not (because they already have natural seaports) or are simply not interested. So where does that leave your sense of entitlement?
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
LOL. See sense of entitlement. Yes, I expected Kaduna refinery would enter this discussion; it doesn't make sense. I agree. But guess what, the dudes who decided to come up with the jaw dropping idea were military and in power. Maybe you should make a grab for power too. Let's see how that goes.

Back to your sense of entitlement; the people of the coastline are more entitled than anywhere in Igboland on your claim to giving Nigeria billions of dollars. In which case the people of Rivers, Bayelsa and even Ondo would have a case to clamor for an expensive man-made seaport. They are not (because they already have natural seaports) or are simply not interested. So where does that leave your sense of entitlement?

Hey dude, you should be supporting the dredging the River Niger and not being unnecessarily unreasonable. 

Can you explain the reasoning behind the siting of 500,000 bpd Dangote Refinery in South West and not in Niger-delta or South East? Is the South East not entitled to host such refinery with the close proximity of her oil wells? 

Can you mention Dangote's factories situated in the East? Can you explain the rationale behind the building of Oil and Gas training centres in Ogun State during Obasanjo’s regime? Is Ogun State an oil producing State?
Is Hydroelectric dam only suitable in the North and not in the East?

What efforts have your people put in to counter the uneconomic citing of a refinery in Kaduna with an expensive long pipeline all the way from Niger-delta that is more of a liability than asset? 

But here you are feigning ignorance of the injustice of the day since your people have only flourished under such unjust system at the expense of others.

You change the goal post when the Igbos are concerned to justify why they cannot have an infrastructure and revert the goal post to suit yourselves.

Time shall tell...

3 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by stag: 7:05am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

It is quite commendable for you to understand the wickedness being carried out in this contraption. But what I see as been economical with the truth is you stating that Igbos are fighting everybody including discriminating against the Aniomas, and that they are not building bridges! This sort of propaganda should not be condoned

If there is any one tribe in the world that values and protects the stranger that tribe is Igbo. Igbos permeate almost every nook and cranny of the country, peacefully and immensely contributing their quota to the economic advancement of the locals and the country at large. I am yet to read Igbos on rampage causing havoc and fighting their 'host'. Igbos network with their 'host', build business empires and some of them even get married to their 'host', all for peaceful co-existence and building bridges. Is there any tribe that exhibits such 'Nigerianess' than the Igbos? NO! Is that not building bridges? Is that tantamount to preaching hate and burning bridges?

But what do the Igbos get in return for this patriotic display of One Nigeria - threats and destruction of their lives and properties by the so called 'host'? Igbos are being harassed, molested and their legal businesses distrupted on regular basis by the 'host' and its government. 

Oba Riliwanu Akiolu of Lagos even went as far as threatening to drown Igbos in the Lagoon if they did not vote for his candidate in the last 2015 election. And a good number of Yorubas hailed and supported their Oba for the bold step!

May I ask you, for many decades now, how did Hausa-Fulani build bridges with the frequent killings and destruction of lives, properties and places of Christian worships, not to mention the Boko-Haram insurgents who are not only threatening the existence of the country but maim and kill peasants farmers and villagers on a regular basis? But they now have the presidency and the Yorubas vice-presidency! What a misnomer!

In the light of this, it is very unjust to accuse Igbos of preaching hatred and not building bridges just because they seek a legal way of determining their destiny. Stating that Igbos are not building bridges or that they are playing the victim card while preaching only hate messages is demonising to state the least. 

The Igbos have done much and achieved much for themselves and Nigeria. Whatever negative impression you get from any quarter is as result of envy - the pull-him-down syndrome. But that has not deterred Igbos from waxing stronger and excelling in almost every socio-economic index.

Let's try to be objective with our views and desist from propagating the usual lies and falsehood to attempt to divert attention from the nitty gritty.

Bro, don't mix up issues. I care less about Oba Akiolu's personal utterances. I only stated my point of view, and if you think my opinion was thrash then by all means, carry on with however you think is best for you and your people. If one thinks my friendly opinion was flawed, at the very least I'd expect friendly responses to it.

You can as well cancel this post and rule it as thrash again. Best wishes.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by squaddy(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
I doubt you'd make sense to even your FATHER; even as you inherited the mental illness troubling you from him.
How would I make sense to a simpleton who in the 21st century still believes his ancestors fell from the sky. Phu.ck outta here orangutan.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 04, 2015
stag:

Bro, don't mix up issues. I care less about Oba Akiolu's personal utterances. I only stated my point of view, and if you think my opinion was thrash then by all means, carry on with however you think is best for you and your people. If one thinks my friendly opinion was flawed, at the very least I'd expect friendly responses to it.

You can as well cancel this post and rule it as thrash again. Best wishes.

Hey dude, be reasonable and stop confusing yourself! So you care less about Oba Akiolu's stupiid and unwarranted utterances against a whole tribe but you deemed it fit to state that an industrious, peace-loving people are burning bridges by seeking a separate entity?

Well, your biased 'friendly' opinion is not needed. 
Good luck to you and your supposed bridge-builders!
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by stag: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

Hey dude, be reasonable and stop confusing yourself! So you care less about Oba Akiolu's stupiid and unwarranted utterances against a whole tribe but you deemed it fit to state that an industrious, peace-loving people are burning bridges by seeking a separate entity?

Well, your biased 'friendly' opinion is not needed. 
Good luck to you and your supposed bridge-builders!

This response really exemplifies what you mean by 'peace-loving'.
Indeed good luck to you.

*for clarity sake to other readers: seeking a separate entity is not what 'burning bridges' referred to. In no part of my posts did I infer that seeking a separate entity is 'burning bridges'. I hope the points earlier made are comprehended without misconceptions.

@OP: these images are really nice & thought provoking.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2015
stag:

Peace-loving as exemplified herein your response.
Indeed good luck to you.

*for clarity sake to other readers: seeking a separate entity is not what 'burning bridges' referred to. In no part of my posts did I infer that seeking a separate entity is 'burning bridges'. I hope the points earlier made are comprehended without misconceptions.

@OP: these images are really nice & thought provoking.

Next time you should try to be objective and unbiased. But if you insist on the contrary, good luck to you and your supposed bridge-builders!
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by stag: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

Next time you should try to be objective and unbiased. But if you insist on the contrary, good luck to you and your supposed bridge-builders!

Please soft peddle a bit. If you want to call me out intellectually, although I do not promise to be without flaws, I will oblige you a fine discourse. In fact I would appreciate conversations that are mentally stimulating.

But if you intend to pull me into Oba-Akiolu-said-this-and-that and indulge in abusive rants, I'd pass.
Take another look at my original post in contention and please point to me where I 'deemed it fit' to state that seeking a separate entity is same as 'burning bridges' as your post below says. Or that by simply seeking a separate identity, the igbos are burning bridges.
*waiting*

xtrorse:

...but you deemed it fit to state that an industrious, peace-loving people are burning bridges by seeking a separate entity?..
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Mckennedy: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
LOL. Millions right? How many Igbos had millions of pounds banked in the 60s? Wait, let's even start with thousands. How many had thousand banked? Wait a minute, let's start with hundreds. Maybe you don't know the average annual salary at the time was not even up to £20.

you're a dullard,,,if your generations are poor,,, mine ain't,,,Biafrans are mostly into business and are not depending on month end salaries,,,do you know how much it takes to fill a 40 ft cargo container including shipment and clearing? I think you should ask your father's why they were so jealous of Biafra who want to go their own ways?

3 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2015
stag:

Please soft peddle a bit. If you want to call me out intellectually, although I do not promise to be without flaws, I will oblige you a fine discourse. In fact I would appreciate conversations that are mentally stimulating.

But if you intend to pull me into Oba-Akiolu-said-this-and-that and indulge in abusive rants, I'd pass.
Take another look at my original post in contention and please point to me where I 'deemed it fit' to state that seeking a separate entity is same as 'burning bridges' as your post below says. Or that by simply seeking a separate identity, the igbos are burning bridges.
*waiting*

Friend, rather than using Oba Akiolu's outburst to divert attention, you need to reconsider your comment by 4:44pm of Aug 03 and explain the unnecessary and unfounded insinuations about Igbos.

For the benefit of doubt, here is what you previously stated:
"...unfortunately the way your leaders are going about it won't yield much. A tree can not be a forest. You need allies. You can't fight the yaribas, fight the hawusas and discriminate against the Aniomas, look down on South-South and hope to politically gain ground.

Don't play the victim card while preaching only hate...
You should be building, not burning bridges..."
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

Hey dude, you should be supporting the dredging the River Niger and not being unnecessarily unreasonable. 

Can you explain the reasoning behind the siting of 500,000 bpd Dangote Refinery in South West and not in Niger-delta or South East? Is the South East not entitled to host such refinery with the close proximity of her oil wells? 

Can you mention Dangote's factories situated in the East? Can you explain the rationale behind the building of Oil and Gas training centres in Ogun State during Obasanjo’s regime? Is Ogun State an oil producing State?
Is Hydroelectric dam only suitable in the North and not in the East?
Huh? Who is to tell Dangote where he should site his companies? Are you kidding or something? Is it the water you guys drink or the food? I don't get it. undecided

And yes, Ogun State is oil producing. Seems you are a bit behind the news.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2015
squaddy:

How would I make sense to a simpleton who in the 21st century still believes his ancestors fell from the sky. Phu.ck outta here orangutan.
...as opposed to a baboon who doesn't even know where he comes from? Tell me, who was your grandfather? Who was your grandmother? What were their occupations? Of course the rootless monkey has no clue. All he can do is borrow the story of Ojukwu as told on the pages of tabloid newspapers. Millionaires on Planet of The Apes.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by ak47mann(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2015
Lovesdaisied:
Nwafor Orizu, then prince of Nnewi and future Senate President. Picture profiled for Time Magazine issue released in 1945.
future or the first indigenous senate president in nigeria cool
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Mckennedy:

you're a dullard,,,if your generations are poor,,, mine ain't,,,Biafrans are mostly into business and are not depending on month end salaries,,,do you know how much it takes to fill a 40 ft cargo container including shipment and clearing? I think you should ask your father's why they were so jealous of Biafra who want to go their own ways?
LOL. Monkey. So Biafrans were filling container ships back in the 60s. You don't have history. You don't have a narrative. That's why m0r0ns like you don't know life back in the '60s was vastly different. Even chimps have a better narrative than you. You who can't even trace your lineage 3 generations backward claiming to be something.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by IGBOSON1: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:

^^^Having a 'sense of entitlement' as you put it isn't necessarily a bad thing!.....That's called demanding for your rights or your due! Maybe what you meant to say was having a 'misplaced or undeserved sense of entitlement'!

I don't see how Ndigbo (note i said Ndigbo....i'm not limiting myself to states or geo-political zones which were created to dismember and cheat Alaigbo).....i don't see how Ndigbo wanting to make Onitsha accessible to the sea is having a misplaced sense of entitlement! It's possible to give Onitsha or Obuaku a seaport, but because we're part of your 'one Nigeria' we should perish the thought just because Rivers, Bayelsa and Ondo haven't asked for or got one yet!?.....You see how you reason? You never factor into your argument the billions of dollars Nigeria has made from the resources of said Alaigbo....all you know is that they shouldn't get one because it's a bit expensive to do or because others haven't got one yet! You see what i mean when i say 'Nigeria' is holding us back as a people?

Why are we being prevented from leveraging on our strengths to position Onitsha as a global player? I'll tell you why: it because there's an unwritten rule that Igbos and Alaigbo cannot be allowed to have any sort of runaway economic success that'll place 'others' in the shade; we are not allowed to be more successful than certain 'other groups'; no city/commercial center in Alaigbo should be given what it needs to thrive to the extent that it could be seen as competition or posing a threat to other cities/commercial centers in other regions, or taking business away from them; Igbos are not allowed to rise beyond a certain level or glass-ceiling for no reason other than jealousy, hate, bigotry and xenophobia!

Tell me why Nigeria found billions of dollars to conquer the environment in the North so they can leverage on one of their strengths (which is agriculture), yet when we ask for a viable Int'l Airport or Seaport in Alaigbo so we can leverage on our own strengths (which is commerce and industry) we're told to quit being too greedy and shut da fuc/k up!?

You say the people of the coastline are more entitled than us to ask for anything abi? I suppose you have oyel and gas production in mind when you made that assertion! Do you realize said Igboland contains the largest onshore oyel and gas reserves in the country?.....Or are you one of those who make the mistake of thinking Igboland is limited to just the 5 South Eastern states that our friends the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba were 'so kind' to delineate for us and limit us to in 1966?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
Huh? Who is to tell Dangote where he should site his companies? Are you kidding or something? undecided

And yes, Ogun State is oil producing. Seems you are a bit behind the news.

Hey bigot, is that the explanation you've got for all the thought-provoking questions posed to you?

It is very pathetic that a lot of your people are unreasonably biased. You are not satisfied with the oil wells stolen from Delta State and given to your Ondo State that you have begun carrying an evil rumour that Ogun State is an oil producing state just to mischievously dodge the question posed to you?

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:
More allusion to entitlement and victim complex
No where in your post do you STILL justify why the Federal government should build a cosmetic seaport at Onitsha. It is nothing but ornamental in the Federal scheme of things. Likewise the "Second Niger Bridge". This second bridge I take it to also cross from East to West right? Now, ask yourself why the people of the West are not clamoring for that same bridge after all it also involves the West. Trust me, if the West were vested and interested in such a venture, it would've been done without Federal intervention.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by stag: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

Friend, rather than using Oba Akiolu's outburst to divert attention, you need to reconsider your comment by 4:44pm of Aug 03 and explain the unnecessary and unfounded insinuations about Igbos.

For the benefit of doubt, here is what you previously stated:
"...unfortunately the way your leaders are going about it won't yield much. A tree can not be a forest. You need allies. You can't fight the yaribas, fight the hawusas and discriminate against the Aniomas, look down on South-South and hope to politically gain ground.

Don't play the victim card while preaching only hate...
You should be building, not burning bridges..."

In good faith, to complete the sentence and put the whole comment in perspective:

I feel the plight of the igbo because I have some extent of stake in it and I have had great warm friends who are Igbos.
But, unfortunately the way your leaders are going about it won't yield much. A tree can not be a forest. You need allies. You can't fight the yaribas, fight the hawusas and discriminate against the Aniomas, look down on South-South and hope to politically gain ground.

Don't play the victim card while preaching only hate. Iran just sacrificed something because they want to move ahead, away from sanctions and hate from the western media. China, Singapore n co opted for partnerships to be able to grow.

You should be building, not burning bridges. You may later not need the bridges but cross to your promised land first. You need visionary strategists and very diplomatic masterminds as leaders and you would realize your dream of Biafra without a single blood shed.

Best of luck, friend.

So Is there anywhere here I 'deemed it fit' to state the a people who seek their own separate identity/entity is same as burning bridges? Pls specifically point it out.

Again, for clarity sake let me rephrase and maybe my post will be clearer.

Leave the industrious part/achievements for now. Politics is what will achieve whatever you seek without another round of bloodshed. The leaders don't need to polarize themselves. In power play as in power politics, everyone maneuvers, make alliances. Sometimes, even with people you despise just to achieve your ultimate bigger picture, in this case, your promised land.
You are industrious and peace-loving. But apparently, its not enough to grant your wish. There has been a war that wasn't very fruitful, if at all.

Your leaders need to apply the basic rules of power. If you hate the southwest, lure the north to your cause or even the middle belts. If you hate the north, lure the southwest. You really need to have allies to get some job done.

I don't know if I am the one that's not being practical here but the fact, perhaps remotely rational, is that you can not be by yourself, loathe your neighbors to their faces and except them to sign in to your cause. Carefully choose friends and form strong bonds by building better cordial/working relationships.

This is what I meant by building bridges. Not polarizing yourself and burning bridges without any real friends to aid your cause.

But of course, maybe you xtrorse, have it already figured out and don't need my 'biased', 'unfriendly', 'unfounded' and 'baseless' opinions.
Good luck with your award winning strategy to achieve your promised land, Sir.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2015
xtrorse:

Hey bigot, is that the explanation you've got for all the thought-provoking questions posed to you?

It is very pathetic that a lot of your people are unreasonable biased. You are not satisfied with the oil wells stolen from Delta State and given to your Ondo State that you have begun carrying an evil rumour that Ogun State is an oil producing state just to mischievously dodge the question posed to you?
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-to-join-oil-producing-states-in-2015/

What I find more pathetic was that comment about where Dangote sited his refinery. LMAO. I categorically state I have never seen such "unique" way of thinking. Thought provoking indeed; I did think about your sanity.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by IGBOSON1: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
No where in your post do you STILL justify why the Federal government should build a cosmetic seaport at Onitsha. It is nothing but ornamental in the Federal scheme of things. Likewise the "Second Niger Bridge". This second bridge I take it to also cross from East to West right? Now, ask yourself why the people of the West are not clamoring for that same bridge after all it also involves the West. Trust me, if the West were vested and interested in such a venture, it would've been done without Federal intervention.

^^^So you read my last post and couldn't find where i justified building a seaport at Onitsha? Of course i never expected someone like you to see it as anything other than 'cosmetic' and 'ornamental'!

So you actually have a problem with Ndigbo asking for a second Niger bridge? Why is it eating you up that Ndigbo want a second Niger bridge? Did you see Ndigbo up in arms when the federal gov't was building all the bridges, flyovers, theatres, int'l airports, and other federal infrastructure in Lagos? You know who you remind me of?.....You remind me of the evil woman that came before King Solomon with the true owner of the baby in contention and would rather the baby was killed than have the other woman keep it! Your heart is so dark and filled with hatred, wickedness and envy towards Ndigbo that you can't just bare the thought of them getting any major infrastructure from the federal gov't that could better their lot! This is exactly what i mean when i say Ndigbo (esp' the gullible ones) need to seriously think of their place in a country where they have to answer 'fellow compatriot' with the hateful likes of you!

There you go again positing that since others haven't 'clamored' for something that Ndigbo should keep quiet! Just where do you come off thinking that we should fashion our demands in accordance with the pace and wishes of others? Ndigbo want that bridge because the existing Niger bridge is the only crossing from east to west and vice-versa, is over-worked, and is in imminent danger of collapse with the potential loss of many lives such a collapse would entail!

You need deliverance mate!

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^So you read my last post and couldn't find where i justified building a seaport at Onitsha? Of course i never expected someone like you to see it as anything other than 'cosmetic' and 'ornamental'!

So you actually have a problem with Ndigbo asking for a second Niger bridge? Why is it eating you up that Ndigbo want a second Niger bridge? Did you see Ndigbo up in arms when the federal gov't was building all the bridges, flyovers, theatres, int'l airports, and other federal infrastructure in Lagos? You know who you remind me of?.....You remind me of the evil woman that came before King Solomon with the true owner of the baby in contention and would rather the baby was killed than have the other woman keep it! Your heart is so dark and filled with hatred, wickedness and envy towards Ndigbo that you can't just bare the thought of them getting any major infrastructure from the federal gov't that could better their lot! This is exactly what i mean when i say Ndigbo (esp' the gullible ones) need to seriously think of their place in a country where they have to answer 'fellow compatriot' with the hateful likes of you!

There you go again positing that since others haven't 'clamored' for something that Ndigbo should keep quiet! Just where do you come off thinking that we should fashion our demands in accordance with the pace and wishes of others? Ndigbo want that bridge because the existing Niger bridge is the only crossing from east to west and vice-versa, is over-worked, and is in imminent danger of collapse with the potential loss of many lives such a collapse would entail!

LMAO. Honestly, I'm short of words. ROTF.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Perhaps, he is one of those far from small group of people, who harbour such an inexhaustible fond of ill will towards mankind in general, that they lose no opportunity to vent some of it. I won't be surprised if he let off steam on the weak, the pliant or those in no position to retaliate.

Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 11:26am On Aug 04, 2015
LMAO. E gba mi ke. This must be the best/worst display of persecution complex/appeal to pity in history. Speaking of pathetic...

I really have no time for lamentations of bleeding females; as long as they are not my wife or girlfriend.
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Mckennedy: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
LOL. Monkey. So Biafrans were filling container ships back in the 60s. You don't have history. You don't have a narrative. That's why m0r0ns like you don't know life back in the '60s was vastly different. Even chimps have a better narrative than you. You who can't even trace your lineage 3 generations backward claiming to be something.

smelly mouthed coward talking,,,always crying heediot ....bastard born out of othman empire illorin what do you know about the war?

1 Like

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by logica(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2015
Mckennedy:

smelly mouthed coward talking,,,always crying heediot ....bastard born out of othman empire illorin what do you know about the war?
LMAO. That time of the month eh?
Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
stag:

In good faith, to complete the sentence and put the whole comment in perspective:

So Is there anywhere here I 'deemed it fit' to state the a people who seek their own separate identity/entity is same as burning bridges? Pls specifically point it out.

Again, for clarity sake let me rephrase and maybe my post will be clearer.

Leave the industrious part/achievements for now. Politics is what will achieve whatever you seek without another round of bloodshed. The leaders don't need to polarize themselves. In power play as in power politics, everyone maneuvers, make alliances. Sometimes, even with people you despise just to achieve your ultimate bigger picture, in this case, your promised land.
You are industrious and peace-loving. But apparently, its not enough to grant your wish. There has been a war that wasn't very fruitful, if at all.

Your leaders need to apply the basic rules of power. If you hate the southwest, lure the north to your cause or even the middle belts. If you hate the north, lure the southwest. You really need to have allies to get some job done.

I don't know if I am the one that's not being practical here but the fact, perhaps remotely rational, is that you can not be by yourself, loathe your neighbors to their faces and except them to sign in to your cause. Carefully choose friends and form strong bonds by building better cordial/working relationships.

This is what I meant by building bridges. Not polarizing yourself and burning bridges without any real friends to aid your cause.

But of course, maybe you xtrorse, have it already figured out and don't need my 'biased', 'unfriendly', 'unfounded' and 'baseless' opinions.
Good luck with your award winning strategy to achieve your promised land, Sir.

Once again here is my previous response to your insinuations:

"It is quite commendable for you to understand the wickedness being carried out in this contraption. But what I see as been economical with the truth is you stating Igbos are fighting everybody including discriminating against the Aniomas, and that they are not building bridges! This sort of propaganda should not be condoned. 

Let's try to be objective with our views and desist from propagating the usual lies and falsehood to attempt to divert attention from the nitty gritty."

stag, you should try to be objective, factual and unbiased. But if you insist on the contrary, your biased 'friendly' opinion is not needed and good luck to you and your supposed bridge-builders!

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
logica:
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-to-join-oil-producing-states-in-2015/

What I find more pathetic was that comment about where Dangote sited his refinery. LMAO. I categorically state I have never seen such "unique" way of thinking. Thought provoking indeed; I did think about your sanity.

You should be bothered about the magnitude of lies, falsehood and treacherous ways in your genetic make up which has become difficult to remove by surgical operation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Opens Barbing Salon In Gombe For Free Haircuts In Honour Of Peter Obi (Pix) / I Won’t Refund Cost Of Flyovers To Rivers – Tinubu Tells Wike / Mike Ozekhome Reacts To IGP Idris' Transmission Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.