Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

PC Specs For Serious Gaming - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PC Specs For Serious Gaming (10452 Views)

Dell Inspiron 3541 Notebook PC Specs & Price / What Do You Think Guys Will Use This Google Specs For? / Can I Get This Specs For 75-80 K? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PC Specs For Serious Gaming by dekin(m): 2:52am On Sep 28, 2006
Pc Specifications For Serious Gaming

Hi,

I'm getting a new PC and I want to use it for serious game mode. Can anyone out there give me a nice specs for the PC to meet up as a game console?

Thanks.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by dhammer(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2006
First of all if you want some serious gaming, Buy a ps2 or an xbox. But if you feel frankly thats a waste of money. then
pentium 4 1.6
512 mb ram
128mb vga
a very good monitor
and 40 gig hard disk space
also try to get a dvd and cd rom/rw. Some of the new games come in dvd. Like Hitman 4 "Blood money" Now thats a game
Enjoy
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by bigfido: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2006
i most confess the spec the other guy gave u is not off the hook.get the gist!,if u want to really game this is what i use.
a pentium 3.2Ghz processor with atleast a 1gig ram(i use 2gig) and an ATI 256mb graphics card,a TFT samsung flat screen monitor and a vibrating pad.please if you have where u work,dont try this cos the experience is of the hook.ciao shocked
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by texazzpete(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2006
bigfido:

i most confess the spec the other guy gave u is not off the hook.get the gist!,if u want to really game this is what i use.
a pentium 3.2Ghz processor with atleast a 1gig ram(i use 2gig) and an ATI 256mb graphics card,a TFT samsung flat screen monitor and a vibrating pad.please if you have where u work,don't try this because the experience is of the hook.ciao shocked

These specs aren't even good enough. Forget about pentium 4 processors, they're old news. get a dual core processor cos many new games will support multithreading. My 1.83 Ghz core duo processor beats a p4 3.8Ghz processor. don't just get any 256Mb gfx card, go to www.ati.com and www.nvidia.com and check out their offerings, check reviews of any gfx card you want to buy so you can see what it can do in today's games.
get at least 100GB hard drive, make sure it's 7200rpm speed so you can have the fastest access time.
at least 1gb ram, try and go up to 2gb.
Not too sure what you need a pad for, when it comes to pc gaming. If you must, get one that looks exactly like a ps2 pad. if you have problems getting such a pad, PM me.
a normal 17inch CRT monitor will do just as fine, but u might splurge on a flat screen monitor (doesn't have to be samsung) for the coolness factor.

And then, only then, you will be forever unstoppable grin

PS: U should be able to get this set up for probably less than 120k if you buy overseas,
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Chuckdee(m): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2006
Hi, am an avid PC gamer and i will recommend a really high end System that will give you the uptimum performance you really need. You know recent games really are power gulping.

Below is the specs for my gaming machine:

System Model: DELL Dimension 8300
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1GIG RAM
VGA: 128mb RADEON 9800 PRO AGP
Hard Disc: 160 gig
Sound: SB Audigy 2 Audio, 6.1
A Dell 17inch lcd display

Now when you play games like GTA San Andreas or Fifa 2k6 on maximum settings, you will be glued!
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Christino(m): 1:32am On Sep 29, 2006
My nigga,

Save yourself all the hoolabaloo and go to http://www.guru3d.com

that's where gamers do all the tests, benchmarks and stuffs.

The best gaming processor is the Intel Core 2 Extreme and the processor alone costs $1,000 dolls.

150,000 naira can get you a PC (excluding monitor and other peripherals such as wireless mouse, keyboard, pad, joystick among others) for normal or manageable gaming, but to be frank with you, according to the topic,

FOR SERIOUS GAMING

man, be ready to part with at least 280,000 naira.

512MB 3D Card - nVidia definitely
Intel Core 2 Extreme
60/80GB HDD (it's preferable to the 120GB HDDs, the smaller the better usually, and please note, the RPM is just a way to strip you of your money, if it's not a server then it's worthless, only SCSIs are worth it!)
Wireless Keyboard/Mouse.
Correct GamePad/Driving wheel/Gun/Whoteva!
Some bad ass Sound Blaster Card
Bad ass/Original Power pack - not all those stupid ones that come with cloned pcs.
Sub Woofer Speakers/ Bad ass ear phones or Home Theatres
A world class 21" or 17" LCD monitor.
RAM - 1GB DDR2 or 2GB (1GB * 2)
Cooling Setup (Water cooling system preferably)
COnstant source of Power e.g (Inverter, power UPS, Solar or "Yankee"wink

Man it's a hell of money you'd be spending, but you'll enjoy it.

NO FEAR! grin
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Saddam: 3:32am On Sep 29, 2006
Pentium 4 MMX Processor 3.00GHz
1 Gigabyte DDR Ram
AGP Card 256MB VGA nVidia
17" Inch Flat Screen LCD Monitor
40 SCSI Hard Disk Drive
52X DVD Rom
SB Audigy 2 Audio, 6.1
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by dhammer(m): 7:08am On Sep 29, 2006
All these crazy specks will just cost you money. And thats the truth. most games except extremely crazy ones will not ask for more than 128 mb vga . what in Gods name are you doing with a dual core processor when you are not mapping the nano second movements of turnadoes.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Christino(m): 7:11am On Sep 29, 2006
Sorry, I forgot to add:

DVD RW Multilayer Drive
Some bad ass expensive ergonomic chair - you don't wanna end up in the hospital on pain killers do ya?

@ Saddam

a SCSI HDD for what? a server?

I'm way behind, didn't know there was a 52X DVD ROM Yet, poor me.

@ Hammer

The question says serious gaming, make sure you read through, and don't forget to visit that site:

Have you seen Unreal Tournament 2007? So you want to try that out on a 128MB 3D Card, eh?

You'll see your brains on the screen within nanoseconds grin (Incoming -- biatch! I slaughtered that dude grin grin grin - that's what you'll hear!) - that's if you don't buy some "pangolo" 300 naira headset and Mic after spending a lot on 3D Sound!
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by dhammer(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2006
Ok maybe i was a little out of line there but here's the point i am trying to make. Not everybody has $5000 or 640000 naira(if you ever kept up with accelerated pc.com; i think the site is down now) to spend on a pc just to play games. There are much better things to do with the money. Thats why i originally said. Get a ps2 or an xbox and know you are going to get something that was originally designed with games in mind. Really think about it! The amount of firepower some of this specifications are packing have never and frankly i don't think will ever be asked for by a manufacturer. Cuz he knows he is going to loose eventuallyie alot of people can't leave up to it. If you wanted to start something in which so much firepower was needed it shouldn't be games.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Christino(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2006
Now you are talking, but you know the advantage is you won't be needing an upgrade in a long time, though you may be tempted as these guys don't stop coming out with upgrades upon upgrades.

You can use the PC for some other things, like browse the net, play online games and do your graphics work like 3D programming and rendering, create movies and stuffs, so it's not just for the game at the end of the day, but i tell you many people have those specs, if not, those games won't be asking for too much.

Way back 2001 i got a 64MB Geforce 2 400MX and the next Unreal was not so good on it, but on a 128MB, it was soo bad. That was Unreal 98 o, can you imagine.

Now you know what I mean?
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by diddy4(m): 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2006
hey, there is a simple solution to this problem. go to this site and check out there laptops. they build serious gaming laptops and desktops. good luck son.

www.alienware.com

1 Like

Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Christino(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2006
Crazy diddy, where u been dey since now?

Where are your fellow batallions? grin

Bring them back o, tell them we missed your "crazy stuffs" shocked
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by c0dec(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2006
PC for serious gaming means serious money.

i've got a AMD 64 3500+ with 1GB of ram and a 128MB Nvidia 6200. The latest games i've played on it are F.E.A.R and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (not at the best settings).

for serious gaming the biggest factor is the GPU. so i'd advice you shell out enough money for a good one. Nvidia's GeForce 7 series is a good place to start but anything less than an Nvidia 6600 (which is higher than mine) isnt worth buying now.

or you could just go for the baddest alienware (http://www.alienware.com) out there. good luck.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by inze(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
alienware . . .

Hmm *laugh*
You don't want to go down there, this guys are just an extension of dell machine that makes custom built high end 'gadgets' that cost fortune . . .

Except of course you have and can lay down what it takes.

Wait a min, before i forget, i just want to say a big Happy New Year to all my peeps in the house, ur boy have been off the land recently.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by moonraker(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2010
"sighs"

Bro, This is what you need

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.00ghz (You need this becos this would give you a much better gaming experience than a pentium 4)

Ram; 2GB

Video Card: ATI 4XXX or Nvidia 200 series with 512mb

Hard disk: 250GB 7200rpm

thats all, you can get all these for 140k i think
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by v3: 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2010
Brov,

Here's my pc spec. .

I play games like Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War, Need For Speed Shift etc

My processor'z Dual Core, d speed iz 2.8GHz (alomst 3GHz)
Screen size is 17"
I have an NDVIA graphics card
RAM size na 3gb
HDD size is 250GB & I hv an additional 100GB for file storage and backup
Windows Vista Basic

Dunno buh this should do it for u though
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by oredein: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2010
@poster get a ps3 simple.
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by PrinceA3: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
If you want real gaming, try this gaming PC. for 145k

CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC -Intel Q8200 Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GB SATA II HDD, Nvidia Geforce GT 220, DVDRW, 420W PSU, Windwos 7 Home Premium

The CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC is powered by Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System and an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz processor. With the 4GB of DDR2 memory onboard and the option to upgrade up to 8 gigs, the CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC has the features necessary to breeze through multitasking and difficult software. The CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC has a 500 gigabyte SATA II hard drive for all your applications, games, music, multimedia, and more. The 24x speed Optical Drive lets you play (and burn) DVD media on your PC. The CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC has a dedicated Nvidia Geforce GT 220 graphics card with 1GB of RAM and a DVI, VGA, and HDMI port for flexible configurations. Expansion options include five 5.25-inch bays and two 3.5-inch bays, 6 USB connections, and 7.1 channel audio support. The CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC is first-class for all purpose computing with powerful components, convenient expandability, and much more. What it is and Why You Need it: 500 Gigabyte SATA II Hard Drive Nvidia Geforce GT 220 graphics card with 1GB of RAM Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz processor and 4GB of DDR2 memory The CyberpowerPC GI3217 Desktop Gaming PC is an all-around PC powered by Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System

Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by blackweaver(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2010
personally i believe a lot of the things mentioned have been inflated - ok i'm not a gamer but i do keep up with the trends; most cpus made in the last 2 years (pentium Ms and Atoms not inclusive) would probably be fine but one thing that cant be overstressed is your graphics card; integrated graphic cards are not an option; nvidia and ATI are the top graphic card manufacturers - especially when it comes to gaming but i guess if you go with the things that have been mentioned you can't go wrong; 250gb harddisk is not necessary but any pc u'll get nowadays would probably come with about that much storage
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Glidia: 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2011
pleasant game update
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Glidia: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2011
interesting game update ,
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by Kajona: 6:01am On Jul 20, 2011
its very interesting games
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:00am On Oct 25, 2018
grin as at 2010 ,I was playing GTA vice city on my PC at 2-3 frames per second ..and I was in love with it....it was so so sllloooooowwwwwww grin
Re: PC Specs For Serious Gaming by PotatoSalad(m): 9:05am On Oct 21, 2019
Very funny thread grin grin
Ahahahahahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Twelve Christmas Internet Scams To Watch Out For / Unlimited Free Browsing On PC With Airtel Sim Using Pd-proxy.. / ✈✳✅8GB RAM CORE i7 ACER TRAVEL MATE 5HOURS BATTERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.