Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff (825 Views)

Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Unpaid Salaries: Arik Air Becomes Slave Camp As Staff Beg Passengers For Money, / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by Rubyventures: 10:33am On Aug 03, 2015
This was posted on a friends facebook page today and I just wanted to share it with you.

Emmanuella Ngozi Ideh;;

ARIK AIR SHAME - The below happened to my younger brother yesterday.......

Apart from Arik Air poor services in recent years the airline has added to this by employing thieves to work for them as their ground staff in Lagos airport which also reveals the lack of security at Murtala Muhammed Airport in this current time that airport security should be at its best.

Yesterday on my way back from Nigeria to London, I went through the normal process of opening your bag for customs, and the NDLEA guys to check the bag alongside the constant barrage of OGA anything for us.

Got to Heathrow opened my bag (which by the way was still locked) to get my mobile phones just to realise that my two mobile phones, charger and £320 has been stolen from my bag. This I believe happened from the time it took the time for the ground staff to load luggage’s into the plane.

I went to Arik Staff in London Heathrow to report this and all they said was go and report to police there is nothing we can do. No empathy or trying to investigate the fact that there is a security breach within their grown staff in Lagos.
They failed to realise that if they can easily take stuff out of a locked bag, then things can be easily be put into bags as well, which in today’s world of security alertness and terrorism cannot be undermined

Please pass this message on, do not leave any valuables in your checked in luggage’s when flying Arik Air even when you think you have securely locked your luggage and have the trust that you luggage would not be tampered with.

Eda Aitalegbe; First of all I never fly Arik
Second of all I don't fly Arik
Third of all I will never fly Arik even at free ticket.......

Blessing Steven; Pathetic

Emmanuella Ngozi Ideh; No be small thing.... It is so bad. They actually opened the padlock stole from his bag and padlock it back..... So so annoying

Blessing Steven; Shameless thugs

Chukwuemeka Azih; so pathetic

Oge Anumonwo Big Sis... these guys have gone hi-tech Ooo; they don't break padlocks anymore... Improved technology one wld sadly say.

Emmanuella Ngozi Ideh Oge I am shocked..... Chukwuemeka it's really upsetting. Please share it's time we do something about this stupid Arik Air. I have heard so many bad experiences, it's unbelievable

Vivienne Parkinson Beyond belief Ngo.

Emmanuella Ngozi Ideh You know the annoying thing Vivienne, you land at your destination, open your securely locked luggage to get your valuables and they are gone.... My goodness it is painful...

Vivienne Parkinson True Ngo! I can relate to that. Shameful
Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by chocolateme(f): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2015
People and their deliberate acts of taking someone else's property. Just the other day, one good for nothing kleptomaniac took my cousin's mini handbag she always carries about with her baby. I kept imagining how that thief, weda male or female felt on opening and seeing that the bag contained only used and unused baby diapers.
Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by MRpii(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Ah arik airways
Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by DahtzFestjayz: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by Rubyventures: 10:50am On Aug 03, 2015
I use Arik air for two reasons

firstly I though it will help the economy of the country as I believe in supporting one own, secondly I don't live in Lagos so I can get a direct flight to Benin connecting through Lagos without having to pay excess luggage on the local airlines.

Now I don't think I really want to use them anymore,

I find their counter staff very rude and asking you for money bared faced. ( I must say their transit staff are some of the best and a credit to them).

Their flight interiors is falling to pieces due to lack of maintenance culture, I found it so disappointing travelling for six hours and the flight entertainment was out of order. Also their food is so horrible and tasteless. I don't think I will be using them again.
Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by kossyablaze(m): 10:52am On Aug 03, 2015
Hmmm

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arik Air Is A Disgrace And They Employ Thieves As Staff by Moana(f): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Always wrap your bag if you have valuables in it

(1) (Reply)

8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad / A Survivor Of The Colombia Plane; Adopting The Brace Position Saved My Life / Passengers Going 2 Kano 2day Involve In Accident,Some Dead,Others Injured(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.