Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,086 members, 7,852,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire (594 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS / INEC Office In Kogi Burnt Down - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire by yak(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Suspected Party Hoodlums Set INEC Office On Fire In Abia State

Unidentified assailants suspected to be members of a political party have set fire on a building housing the offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at Mgboko, headquarters of Obingwa Local Area Council in Abia State.

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, who has inspected the scene of the fire incident, totally condemned the act, describing the perpetrators as “enemies of the state”.

Mr Ikpeazu expressed shock at the level of damage done to the building and urged the police and other law enforcement agencies to ensure that the culprits were brought to book.

He called on the Police and the Army to beef up security in all INEC formations in the state to forestall any such incidents.

The Governor condemned the tendency of some disgruntled elements in the society to vandalise public property, stressing that such acts were big drawbacks to the efforts of government in providing dividend of democracy to the residents.

The Governor reiterated the determination of his government to maintain law and order and protect lives and property of the Abia citizenry.
Courtsey: Channels tv
Re: INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire by SMREXY(m): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lyk seriously
Re: INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire by praise010(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
I hope the ballot papers used in the last election is not warehoused in that place?

I hope Orji & Co have not succeeded in destroying evidence of electoral malpractice?

I am not from Abia, but I pray for the Liberation of that state.

Heaven hear my prayers
Re: INEC Office In Abia State Set On Fire by yak(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Na so our 9ja be ooo. Suddenly fire catch d office abi d office catch fire

(1) (Reply)

Tweet From Ben Bruce / General Adebayo To Governor Fayose,don't Try To Satisfy Every Body / Amaechi Stole Over N70bn In 2 Weeks – Group Claims With Paper Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.