Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? (3152 Views)

Beautiful Hausa / Fulani / Kanuri Brides / To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? / Brief History Of Hausa Speaking People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Mambofiend: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
The guy in the seat started at 21:08. He's dressed like a Southern Nigerian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSuypKfykqk
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by bigfrancis21: 12:15am On Aug 04, 2015
Mambofiend:

I think the actor is Hausa but engaged in Igbo attire for purpose of acting the movie. I looked at the screen cast at the end of the movie and all actors and actresses names were Islamic/Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Fulaboy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mambofiend:

bigfrancis21:

I think the actor is Hausa but engaged in Igbo attire for purpose of acting the movie. I looked at the screen cast at the end of the movie and all actors and actresses names were Islamic/Hausa.
Mambofiend:

The dude is actually hausa. He mostly play the role of igbo in some movies

1 Like

Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Fulaboy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mambofiend:

bigfrancis21:

Mambofiend:

The dude is actually hausa. He mostly play the role of igbo in some movies. I never knew you people watch hausa movies
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
He is hausa. I don't know his real name, but he is nicknamed baban chinedu (chinedu's father)
He usually play's the role of an igbo man living amongst hausa people.

I learnt that once an interview with him and he was asked how he plays that character perfectly, and he replied telling them that, when he was in school, they had a classmate who was an igbo, and could speak hausa. But because of his igbo accent, most people made fun of him when he spoke hausa baban chinedu inclusive, infact he said he was the leader in tormenting him coz of his igbotic accent. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by bigfrancis21: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
Fulaboy:
The dude is actually hausa. He mostly play the role of igbo in some movies. I never knew you people watch hausa movies

cheesy

Not really. I just skimmed through the movie to see if the actor was actually Igbo and looked at the end of the movie at the cast. I barely even have time for movies in general.
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Fulaboy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

cheesy

Not really. I just skimmed through the movie to see if the actor was actually Igbo and looked at the end of the movie at the cast. I barely even have time for movies in general.

some hausa movies are cool tho you can try them most especially comedy. You can get one with english subtitle
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Mambofiend: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
MuhdG:
He is hausa. I don't know his real name, but he is nicknamed baban chinedu (chinedu's father)

I learnt that once an interview with him and he was asked how he plays that character perfectly, and he replied telling them that, when he was in school, they had a classmate who was an igbo, and could speak hausa. But because of his igbo accent, most people made fun of him when he spoke hausa baban chinedu inclusive, infact he said he was the leader in tormenting him coz of his igbotic accent. Lol

Thanks!!!!!

Is it a caricaturization of Igbo stereotype?
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by macof(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
Fulaboy:
some hausa movies are cool tho you can try them most especially comedy. You can get one with english subtitle

Yes hausa movies are beautiful. I love the richness of the hausa language and the knowledge of the cast
You hardly hear english words in their sentences. ..they give pure hausa
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Fulaboy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
macof:

Yes hausa movies are beautiful. I love the richness of the hausa language and the knowledge of the cast
You hardly hear english words in their sentences. ..they give pure hausa
Good they're really trying but can you speak the language? I mean how do you watch the movies when I know you're not hausa
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by macof(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Fulaboy:
Good they're really trying but can you speak the language? I mean how do you watch the movies when I know you're not hausa

Subtitles bruv
Re: Is This Actor In This Hausa Movie Igbo? by Ofodirinwa: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
MuhdG:

Is this why his movie industry is failing?

(1) (Reply)

The Urhobo Nation: Current Challenges And The Way Forward / The Short History Of Olota Of Ota Land. / Unpacking The Bayajidda Myth: Crisis And Legitimacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.