Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache (1160 Views)

Cache Cleaning In Magento / Why Your Real Name Matters In The Domain Name System (DNS) / How To Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin and increase your website speed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache by james669: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
I just made some changes to my DNS server to redirect mobile visitors to the mobile version of my site.

Please does anyone know how I contact Etisalat (which is my ISP) to clear my dns cache so that I can be able to access the changes made. Or is it possible for me to clear it myself.

I have cleared my computer's dns cache multiple times @ ipconfig/flushdns.
Re: How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache by yoddy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
james669:
I just made some changes to my DNS server to redirect mobile visitors to the mobile version of my site.

Please does anyone know how I contact Etisalat (which is my ISP) to clear my dns cache so that I can be able to access the changes made. Or is it possible for me to clear it myself.

I have cleared my computer's dns cache multiple times @ ipconfig/flushdns.

this depends on the value of the ttl entry of ur domain. Next time 24 hrs before u make such change reduce the ttl entry on domain parameters to about 5 mins so you will be sure to have full propagation after 5 minutes of such change.
Re: How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache by james669: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
yoddy:

this depends on the value of the ttl entry of ur domain. Next time 24 hrs before u make such change reduce the ttl entry on domain parameters to about 5 mins so you will be sure to have full propagation after 5 minutes of such change.

Thank you for the advice. But How or where can I access the domain parameters to make the changes on the ttl. Is it on the cpanel or WHM or on the server?
Re: How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
james669:

Thank you for the advice. But How or where can I access the domain parameters to make the changes on the ttl. Is it on the cpanel or WHM or on the server?

kindly allow full 24hrs after changes for dns propagation
Re: How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache by yoddy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
james669:

Like MrAlozie above me said, it should be fully propagated in 24 hrs.

You should be able to change the ttl from cpanel. Thats for future dns changes.

(1) (Reply)

See The Working Code To Make Image More Than 20kb Apear In Wapka Forum / Website Developer In Benin City Come Here.. Let Formed A Team... / delete thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.