Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,510 members, 7,843,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Shoki In Aso Rock! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoki In Aso Rock! (1342 Views)

Elderly Man Pictured Dancing Shoki In The Market Because Of Buhari's Return(pics / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoki In Aso Rock! by realborn(m): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
“Shoki ahh, shoki, ahhhhhhh, shokiiiii” May I borrow this intriguing and uproarious phrase from the hit song of Nigeria’s Lil Kesh, an artiste under the YBNL record label. I am making serious frantic efforts to horn my skills to effectively learn the dance to duly impress my wife.

I listened with vigour the inauguration speech of our dear President, Muhammadu Buhari. I was extremely delighted to witness this epoch and landmark milestone in our democracy as a nation. More so, being one of the keypad crusader for “Change” in Government from the directionless PDP, I emotionally danced “atilogwu” that morning. I was overwhelmed with joy. The last time I watched a live Presidential Speech read at a national occasion must have been under former President Obasanjo’s era. This perhaps, may have been caused by the dearth of interest in the aide written recitals flushed through the unrefined voice, diction and accent of Former Presidents laden with the tiredness of the PDP led Central Government citing the same hogwash all the time or the epileptic power supply through those years preventing an opportunity . But on this day, I sent “Kingsley” to find petrol at all cost (there was scarcity)to power my coughing generator. With rapt attention, I strained to listen to our new Presido recite his own speech. Most of the content of the speech did not appeal much to me as the popular “I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody” phrase. I was quite bemused at his dark shades and wished the cameras will zoom closer. I badly wanted to know what brand it was. I was excitedly ready to be as close in looks, fashion-wise to this newly celebrated celebrant who had spent 12 years waiting for this occasion. Without mincing words, I was inspired.

Sixty Six (66) days after, it has been more of a shocking “Shoki” than an actual movement. It has been a fixed state of the hand being raised from the bottom to the top, with fingers poking the people and then when momentum is being gained, it hits the face. For example, it took the President visiting the United States of America for the populace to know Ministers may be appointed in September 2015. Communication has been very lax. The present autopilot autocracy is already causing a social media demonstration of craze with no convincing efforts to address the yearnings of the people. What some of us do see for now, from the lethargic gyrations of one spot is “I belong to myself, I belong to nobody”.

I have often argued with the extreme critics of this young government that it is inappropriate to expect any tangible output or set of deliverables from this government within 6 months. It is imperative that a detailed assessment and health check of the economy be carried out to develop the framework for execution of key projects to forestall falling into the same creek of cosmetic development that previous governments fell into. However, to the disappointment and chagrin of my co Pro-Change crusaders, I state without mincing words, that it is absolutely mandatory that the new government avail and share timelines of ongoing activities and when we should expect feedback on all the promises chorused during the campaigns. This is a Project Management prerequisite and it cannot be overlooked. Requesting Nigerians depend on “fullness of time” for answers is ludicrous and smirks of a lazy government who does not want to be held accountable for commitments made. May the President be reminded that Nigerians fought tirelessly to get him into this position and Nigerians, his employers must be duly carried along at all times. Stakeholders’ management is non-negotiable and with the growing popularity of social media, it will not be business as usual with information dissemination. It is time to duly brace up.

The culture of potbellied politicians gallivanting with the President on foreign trips must be curbed. We are yet to see the notes from the G-7 event held in June 2015 beyond the infamous Michelle and West Germany fiasco. We are yet to see any positive feedback from the celebrated meeting with the renowned President Obama of USA and his team of supposed experts in July 2015, but we know resources have left our coffers. We may have to wait endlessly because we noticed via pictures that the President’s entourage went without notepads to meetings unlike their American counterparts. This is inappropriate.

The way forward beyond chasing for refunds of stolen funds only (though commendable), is putting in motion an astute Portfolio Management Strategy enshrined in Project Management (to be duly discussed in another article). I personally think the Vice President’s cerebral capacity is not being tapped enough. While we await the glorious coming of the evergreen Ministers, I enjoin the President to get in sync with the Vice President and saddle him with the start up documentation to avail us timelines/Gantt Chart on the direction this government will choose to go. The breakdown structure should include but not limited to proposed activities and tasks on Appointment of Ministers, Security, Electricity, transport infrastructure Economy, Naira-Dollar debacle and Corruption at the minimum with timelines. From these timelines, we can deduce when actions will commence and when tangible results will be felt (note, it is a forecast based on the existing situation and actions do not necessarily need to commence immediately). The timelines should be prepared and shared no later than August 29, 2015 being three (3) months after the inauguration. Detailed performance review in May 2016, one (1) year after inauguration.

In closing, may I remind the President that the goodwill enjoyed before the elections is fast depleting and Nigerians are agitating. Time to move from the fanciful “Shoki in Aso Rock” to a more energetic and acrobatic “atilogwu” or “bata” dance. We yearn for the full “Change” we voted for, we ask for effective communication, we look forward to actions.

Picture Credit: Linda Ikeji Blog

Cc lalastica

Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by INTROVERT(f): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
APC
CHANGE
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by realborn(m): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Madam Beremx, Barcanista, Mogidi and co, oya make una read grin
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Haha... Honestly, I am tired of this administration. Op it seems you are yet to come to agreement with the reality.

1 Like

Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by signature2012(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
grin
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by realborn(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
barcanista:
Haha... Honestly, I am tired of this administration. Op it seems you are yet to come to agreement with the reality.

My personal person, the reality is that "Change" is here. PDP has been swept away. Nonetheless, I am an apostle of objective criticism, hence my articles admonishing the new government to put in more efforts.

If status quo remains after a year, I may join your bandwagon of extreme critics. In the interim, I remain an ardent believer in Buhari's government grin
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by realborn(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
INTROVERT:

FTC space booking may not be required. Comrade lalastica is not in the habit of pushing threads like mine. I am yet to be proven otherwise. So drop your comments smiley
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
realborn:

My personal person, the reality is that "Change" is here. PDP has been swept away. Nonetheless, I am an apostle of objective criticism, hence my articles admonishing the new government to put in more efforts.

If status quo remains after a year, I may join your bandwagon of extreme critics. In the interim, I remain an ardent believer in Buhari's government grin
I just hope people will start making government account for their actions and inactions

1 Like

Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by lunaticfringe: 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
I will love the president to succeed in his endeavors to revamp and revitalize the country's potentials so as to benefit everybody no matter the tribe and ethnicity but then from the recent insinuations and body language of the duara born hypocrite, I won't be so wrong to say that my wishes for the betterment of the country won't be achieved at least going by what's on ground presently...

From the 5% saga to the prefential appointments made so far, the proverbial OYO comes to mind readily...
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by vicadex07(m): 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
like jonathan did abi?...hero worshipper undecided
barcanista:

I just hope people will start making government account for their actions and inactions

1 Like

Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by realborn(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2015
lunaticfringe:
I will love the president to succeed in his endeavors to revamp and revitalize the country's potentials so as to benefit everybody no matter the tribe and ethnicity but then from the recent insinuations and body language of the duara born hypocrite, I won't be so wrong to say that my wishes for the betterment of the country won't be achieved at least going by what's on ground presently...

From the 5% saga to the prefential appointments made so far, the proverbial OYO comes to mind readily...

I am hoping to give a benefit of doubt for a year. I am resoundingly convinced that Buhari will achieve way more than his predecessors.
Re: Shoki In Aso Rock! by bobbiekrantz: 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Useless APC asslickers....

No directions at all

OP...an adjective of stupidity

(1) (Reply)

Flash Back: APC Campaign Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled! - Pic. / Saraki: Civil Society Groups, NANS Plan Protests In Embassies / The Death Of Major Johnson Aguiyi Ironsi And The Escape Of His ADC- Oldnaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.