Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Bank Fraudulent Act - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Fraudulent Act (843 Views)

Workers Accuse American Oil Firm Of Violating Local Content Act / That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / Caught My Boss In The Act; Am I Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Fraudulent Act by adubiay: 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please I need advice on what to do, I was sent 15k by an uncle and first bank claimed to have mistakenly credited someone else account in which the person has withdrawn the money, going to 2 months now they are yet to pay my money. I am even tired of going there cos they keep telling me to come back.

Please I need reasonable advice. I want my money back. Thanks
Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
bro/sis

since you have tried to use diplomatic way to recover the money and it didn't work, I think the best way is to create a scene on the bank.

Enter the bank and try to see the manager and if it is not possible then threaten them by shouting. Even if they are trying to calm you down, you should refuse.

Tell them that that money is your all in all as it stands( right there in the bank).

If you use radical way,maybe they will be forced to squeeze out the money from somewhere in order to pay you.

my 2 kobo advice.

1 Like

Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by CrazyMan(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
This is serious...caracta come and see o!
Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by Caracta(f): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Your error or theirs?

You don't even need to go and create a scene or anything.

Simply call their customer care line or send a mail to report the case. Give full details and express your disappointment. Make sure you are in a very angry mood.

And I hope the branch manager is aware.

1 Like

Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by nellyquash(f): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
adubiay:
Please I need advice on what to do, I was sent 15k by an uncle and first bank claimed to have mistakenly credited someone else account in which the person has withdrawn the money, going to 2 months now they are yet to pay my money. I am even tired of going there cos they keep telling me to come back.

My dear, if u say the fault is from them, I see no reason why they are still turning u. I have worked as a bulk teller in a bank, once the mistake is from you as a teller, and you are not fast enough to do a reversal, my dear, u go chop the beans wey u cook, meaning u are automatically paying for that loss if not the system won't be balanced.

So go back there and demand for your money, accept say the mistake is from you.

1 Like

Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by dkby(m): 4:31am On Aug 04, 2015
adubiay:

It's likely your uncle did an online transfer for you and made the mistake if not it wouldn't have taken this long, if it was a Cash deposit in a branch, then take the following steps, visit the branch again and request to see the manager if he is not aware yet, tell him/her your complain, be polite, if your complain is not handle well, do a mail to Firstbank customer care (Firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com) and give tentative details of the transaction. Your money will be refunded within 24 hours. Hope this help.
Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by Funjosh(m): 5:39am On Aug 04, 2015
Caracta:
Your error or theirs?

You don't even need to go and create a scene or anything.

Simply call their customer care line or send a mail to report the case. Give full details and express your disappointment. Make sure you are in a very angry mood.

And I hope the branch manager is aware.

See sometime you just have to take some of these branch case to their headquarters, StanbicIBTC closed my account without informing me, I went to my branch and some other branch same story my going doesn't. Even make any different, I vexed, shout and even beg on several occasion for where nothing happened. After over a year I just stumbled upon their tweeter handle I followed I tweet every details to them, I received a replied that they will get back to me before the closing hour. I was surprised when someone called me from my branch, we talked for over 20mins of which larger part of the time was used in begging and pleading to me that I shouldn't be offended bla... Bla... Bla...

So I think most of these nonsense they do at times, their oga s at the top are not aware of it lipsrsealed
Re: Bank Fraudulent Act by Caracta(f): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
@funjosh, I agree with you.

But then, there is more to this story than the OP is telling us. I don't want to believe a bank staff would make such error and be calm about it for TWO MONTHS! And they didn't wail, beg, cry or grovel.

@OP, be sure your uncle didn't make this error himself. Investigate before you complicate matters.

(1) (Reply)

Radio Jobs / FG Has Not Paid NOVEMBER SALARY / Professional Courses For Sales And Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.