Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip (5631 Views)

"My Experience With IPOB Boys In Aba Today" - Young Lady / Olusegun Obasanjo Wears Made In Aba Attire (Photos) / Made-In-Aba Products Being Carried Into The Presidential Villa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Built2last: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Landed at Owerri airpot and while we drove out, i saw beautiful fair ladies. My wife being Igbo from Enugu had told me that Imo state has the fairest ladies in Igbo land. I witness it first hand. Fair laps everywhere. I continued doing my sign of the cross till we hit the road to Aba.

Nothing has really changed in Aba since i last visited 7years ago. But what cought my attention was a branded T-shirt most traders were wearing and few ladies..the T-shirt says ''Proudly 5%'' i wondered what was going on till i got to the line where i will buy few items. On asking thr Igbo dude i met in one shop why he was wearing proudly 5%. He said ''we Igbos bow to nobody but God..imagine that Hausa man telling us that we gave him 5%. We never gave him 5%. We gave him nothing but since he decieves himself with Rochas, Ogbona Onu and Ngige that we gave him 5%, so be it. He further said, do i look hungry, do i look like i need minister. That is job for lazy corrupt people. Seat in the office and carry file and sign money. I can't do that. My container arrives every month. I will comfortably feed everyone in Buhari's village'' You could feel his anger.

Opinion: i think PMB guffed in that statement of 95% and 5%. The tempo i felt in the east is that most of them have no interest in this government wheresoever. It appears that only a few Igbos are after this government. They care less on the appointment. PMB is the president of Nigeria and not any section. Rejection has a way of pushing people into innovativeness. And striving to prove people wrong.
My advice to PMB is to embrace the heart of a father and entrench balance. I will not decieve myself that Igbos have not had a fair share in the appointment made so far. We must not shout one Nigeria, and turn arround to rub it on their faces that they are hated. It will only fuel the agitation for Biafra

Below is Another article i wrote on radio Biafra...History will prove me wrong or right

.am not one of those who fool themselves that Biafra will not be realised one day. History has it that those who have been held as slaves or third class citizens always gain freedom. The Jews gained freedom from the Egyptians after 450years, Indian got independence from Britain, 1948 the Jews stubbornly carved out a state for themselves in the middle east. The black Americans now vote and contest elections. The scotish will break away from the British someday..its just time. The followership of Radio Biafra is crazy and if the agitation has not died 40years after the war. It wont die again. White Americans told black Americans that they will remain in perpetual servitude. Today history and time has proven those white Americans wrong.
Pro-Biafran groups are doing all they can to gain global world leaders attention and trust me they are gaining momentum. The last Biafra day celebration accross the globe gives credence to this. BBC, New York Times and Jerusalem Post has reported in Biafra in the last one week. Thats a reach out if you ask me.

Here is my proposition.
I will not tell Igbos to go or stay. It is their right to choose what they want. As a matter of fact the push by many people for them not to go is giving the struggle much more popularity.
There was war in Nigeria years back with a monumental pogrom that left many Igbos dead. Nigerian state must not pretend all is well and keep moving ahead.
There is need for a reconciliation and assimilation meeting between the state of Nigeria abd Igbo leaders.
Ask your Igbo friends at work if they truly will desire to leave Nigeria. 8 out of ten will say yes. The more reason i think the agitation for Biafra actualisation will not die.

The Niger Deltans who were cold enemies with Igbos are gradually aligning and having clandestine meetings.
Veraciously clamping down on Igbo Biafra will not work. The support and sponaorship is high and we must not pretend that the inventive power of the Igbos will not help them in this Radio war. How about NBC licensing Radio Biafra with a Different name like Radio Igbo or something else.

I write this because i have the deepest concern for what will become of our great country Nigeria in the coming years if its not well managed.
I am married to an industrous Igbo woman who has given me 2 sons. I asked her on bed last night if she supports realisation of Biafra, she said she will sponsor yhe agitation when the time is right. My wife has never mentioned Biafra but its deeply seated in her. We are both highly educated and understand rights. She and my two sons are all i've got. The Irish marry the English, yet the Irish is planning to secede, so, don't crucify me.

There is need for a wound healing meeting now before its too late. We will appear delusional if we think that the Nigeria of 1960 is same today.
History has a way of proving those who say things are impossible wrong. Some people said PMB will never become Nigeria's president again. They said he was old, he is a dictator and all sorts. Today he is the president. Biafra will be realised if Igbos are not fully re-integrated into Nigerian politics and all the hate against them stamped out.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by mecuzee(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
If you ask me, I did say that's ignorance on rampage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by bikerboy1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
you wan come here com cuz trouble abi? #inogowork4U
Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
when mature minds were chanting 'the zoo must fall', you thought they didn't know what they were saying abi?

i just they laugh these melu-melus..

23 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by SonOfEl(m): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
pls op, tell them o
Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by drnoel: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
We will see, time will tell. History has its own way of rearing it's ugly head
Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Any truthful human being knows that you have spoken the pure alomo bitter truth. The truth is like a seed, it always pulls itself from the piles of dirt/lies towards the light. Op good and honest analysis.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Mrbigman1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
You are truly Educated.

Biafra shall stand someday against all odds

22 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
When will Bianca ojukwu, peter Obi, TA Orji etc speak out in support of Biafra?

They are busy enjoying ONE NIGERIA while their poor foolish kinsmen are screaming biafra and getting duped by Nnamdi Kunnu who flies about with a Nigerian passport.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2667804_openteeth001001_jpeg8b44a7608399266384fa59984ac703d0[/img]

18 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by betterABIAstate: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm an igbo from abia state and I have never for one day supported these Nnamdi kalu style of Biafra actualization. As much as I want Biafra, I don't want a Biafra built on innocent bloods ( both that of igbos and other tribes). Sometimes I don't blame Nnamdi kalu because our Igbo leaders are soon useless and they don't have the interest of the people at heart.

Actualization of Biafra can be much more easier if our leaders can drop their selfishness and push for it, Nnamdi kalu style will lead to great bloodshed.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by otokx(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Why will they not leave Niger Deltans alone? We are not aligning with anybody. The Aba man only mentioned his eastern politicians yet the poster claims a form of alignment.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by betterABIAstate: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
otokx:
Why will they not leave Niger Deltans alone? We are not aligning with anybody. The Aba man only mentioned his eastern politicians yet the poster claims a form of alignment.
not all part of nigerdelta are aligning with Biafra, Edo people will never go with biafra, asaba will go, ijaw people have not decided. They are all in nigerdelta.

IMO and abia are also in nigerdelta anyway.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by kalufelix(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Biafra!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=1toRtoiSe1 post=36575134]When will Bianca ojukwu, peter Obi, TA Orji etc speak out in support of Biafra?
They are busy enjoying ONE NIGERIA while their poor foolish kinsmen are screaming biafra and getting duped by Nnamdi Kunnu who flies about with a Nigerian passport.

Try harder. Your gimmicks are not working. In the face of the truth no amount of nasty pictures will distract the wise ones. The OP spoke the truth and your best response is to display childishness. Then again you might be a child. A very pathetic one.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by ba7man(m): 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
All this display because GEJ lost......... even the Niger delta people that he's from did'nt kiss his @rse like that. undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by graciousolo(m): 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
If Nnamdi Kanu would talk like this he would have more supporters and sympathisers even from other tribes.

What you've have said is the plain truth.

Igbos have been pained, undermined, and harshly treated. If things will continue like this then Igbos should be allowed to go.

I'm Igbo but, I love my yoruba friends and brothers. I'm scared for what Biafra will be like.

Sir Op you've covered so many things with these lines of truth.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by AnambraDota: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
The issue is why is it difficult to restructure Nigeria and end this skirmishes here and there.

Everybody has something against Nigeria but the North sit ontop the problem while the SW is scared to say something.

The reason why I hate Nigeria is because of northern domination and arrogance, I wouldn't like Biafra to break but Nigeria need to be restructured.

The way am seeing this country Nigeria is very vulnerable now because its divided along many lines, any country that want to finish Nigeria just need to seek for Niger Delta or Biafra to come into Nigeria and wreck serious havoc because the national interest and patriotism are lacking in these two strategic areas of the country.

Nigeria is very weak and delicate now

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Curlieweed: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
ba7man:
All this display because GEJ lost......... even the Niger delta people that he's from did'nt kiss his @rse like that. undecided

Stop the stale propaganda, already! Did the agitation start in 2015? Biafrans just had empathy for GEJ because we know he was bullied because he belongs to a small ethnic group not to mention that he was a decent president .

Biafran flags have been flying in my village for over 15 years now. Radio Biafra has been broadcasting for about 3 years.

Biafra never died, it was just under occupation and will be free at the fullness of time.

I am now very pleased with our Dullard-in- Chief. He is currently doing a good job to ensure that the time for Biafra will be sooner rather than later.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Lajet: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
The best Quote of the op post

He said ''we Igbos bow to nobody but God..imagine that Hausa man telling us that we gave him 5%. We never gave him 5%. We gave him nothing but since he decieves himself with Rochas, Ogbona Onu and Ngige that we gave him 5%, so be it. He further said, do i look hungry, do i look like i need minister. That is job for lazy corrupt people. Seat in the office and carry file and sign money. I can't do that. My container arrives every month. I will comfortably feed everyone in Buhari's village''

31 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by ba7man(m): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
Curlieweed:

Stop the stale propaganda, already! Did the agitation start in 2015? Biafrans just had empathy for GEJ because we know he was bullied because he belongs to a small ethnic group not to mention that he was a decent president .

Biafran flags have been flying in my village for over 15 years now. Radio Biafra has been broadcasting for about 3 years.

Biafra never died, it was just under occupation and will be free at the fullness of time.

I am now very pleased with our Dullard-in- Chief. He is currently doing a good job to ensure that the time for Biafra will be sooner rather than later.
Do your part and go collect your rifle.

Nnamdi Kanu has already given you guys the order to start attacking military men so what are you still doing online??

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by walemoney007(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
graciousolo:

Igbos have been pained, undermined, and harshly treated. If things will continue like this then Igbos should be allowed to go.
who is stoppin ibos from leavin Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by walemoney007(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
AnambraDota:
The issue is why is it difficult to restructure Nigeria and end this skirmishes here and there.

Everybody has something against Nigeria but the North sit ontop the problem while the SW is scared to say something.

The reason why I hate Nigeria is because of northern domination and arrogance, I wouldn't like Biafra to break but Nigeria need to be restructured.

The way am seeing this country Nigeria is very vulnerable now because its divided along many lines, any country that want to finish Nigeria just need to seek for Niger Delta or Biafra to come into Nigeria and wreck serious havoc because the national interest and patriotism are lacking in these two strategic areas of the country.

Nigeria is very weak and delicate now
who are d pple dat will create havoc in dis Niger delta?
Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by graciousolo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
walemoney007:
who is stoppin ibos from leavin Nigeria?
Don't be insensitive.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by gratiaeo(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
I have never commented about this radio biafra on Nairaland but truly i hate Nigeria because it stands against truth

12 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by walemoney007(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
graciousolo:
Don't be insensitive.
how am I insensitive?
Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by graciousolo(m): 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
walemoney007:
how am I insensitive?
Come Wale I'm really not in for this, If you'll not be bias, you'll agree that the Igbos have not been treated well in Nigeria. So pls stop this already. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Sweetlemon(f): 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
ba7man:

I taya o!

@op. You are not being entirely truthful because you did not liten to Buhari's full words. He also added that he has no choice but to evenly distribute government benefits everywhere because of the constitution.

As for Igbos not caring about appointments. Really? So why do they keep crying and wailing and tearing their clothes apart whenever they see a non SE appointment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by walemoney007(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
graciousolo:

Come Wale I'm really not in for this, If you'll not be bias, you'll agree that the Igbos have not been treated well in Nigeria. So pls stop this already. Thanks.
I want to know ao ibos are not been treated well in Nigeria now? Abi we dey fight ni

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by dokiOloye(m): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
"Do I look like I need to be minister"
"My container arrives every month"
"I can comfortably feed everything in Buhari's village"
Chaaaii,d typical Igbo spirit.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Built2last: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
dokiOloye:
"Do I look like I need to be minister"
"My container arrives every month"
"I can comfortably feed everything in Buhari's village"
Chaaaii,d typical Igbo spirit.

Oh boy, when the guy was viberating, i shifted.
But the guy na confirm big boy. Small boy with so much money. I am older than him i guess, looked like a learner in business to him but you cant beat his guts bro. Those guys are blessed. Only arrogance is a turn off.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Udmaster(m): 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
Its either Biafra or this Country should be restructured

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip by Udmaster(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Built2last:

Oh boy, when the guy was viberating, i shifted.
But the guy na confirm big boy. Small boy with so much money. I am older than him i guess, looked like a learner in business to him but you cant beat his guts bro. Those guys are blessed. Only arrogance is a turn off.
@op. which tribe are you from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Approve The Four Newly Created 4 Emirates Or Be Dethroned, Kano Gov Tells Sanus / Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.