Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,790 members, 7,844,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? (5168 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2009
@Topic.
Who says a man cant help but cheat on his wifee? That musta been a lame-man vagabond's mind set principle or law.
Its very posible as that is what it shld be.
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by bawomolo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
minniepoe:

@bawomolo
i disagree with you that monagamy is a social constraint placed on human beings.

what else is monogamy? Where you born with the natural urge to seek a soul mate? It's a social constraint whether you agree with it orn ot

Can you tell me if there exist  peace in any polygamous house?

There is fiction in every household whether monogamous or polygamous. have you surveyed all polygamous households?

Does a polygamist love all is wives equally? does he treat all his kids equally? Aside these, is there love in a polygamous house between the kids?

who knows.

Most of the terminal diseases in existence today is as a result of sex.

you are right. cancer and lupus are due to sex. I mean there is no sex going on in monogamous relationships. Did central africans have sex with primates to contract AIDS? please you support monogamy due to societal values and not because it's the ideal relationship.

Tell me how can the women in a polygamous house escape sexually transmitted disease once someone in the house in infected?

umm there are things called condoms, diaphragms etc. the last time i checked many men go through many sexual partners before settling on a wife (monogamous household aren't safe from std's either).

In a polygamous home, the house is a battle ground and the kids bear the brunt the most. Hell No no one in his or her right senses will support polygamy.

yeah, you sure have been to every polygamous home and there aren't monogamous homes where the couple can't stand each other. No one in their right sense would tell a man or woman what marital lifestyle they should choose. Not everyone is built to be monogamous. Deal with it
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by topup: 3:36am On Apr 01, 2009
Wow, amazing opening post!! 5 stars!!
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by aameyah(f): 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2009
The answers have been so interesting and enlightening. And somewhere along the line, monogamy and polygamy popped up too.

Well, my views are that the bible shouldn't be used as an example, like Abraham had two wives. Because, that was the old testament. We are in a new covenant with God and that is why u and I can go straight to him in prayers unlike then, when u had to ALWAYS go through a priest.

We (especially penticostals) believe that Christ's coming has given us a new covenant with God. Hence, we speak in tongues and we can enter God's presence anytime of the month and not bother about uncleaniless of the body( a result of our monthly periods) and unclean foods like ham etc.

If u want to follow the ways of the old testament, can u handle it, if u were to be tested(liked ur mentor, Abraham) to sacrifice ur only son? That incident happened in the old testament, my dear. And if u shud try doin that now, to sacrifice a human, well, connect the dots!
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by sammyzacks(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2009
that is eveil in the sight of God.
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
Very good post, This is an issue I worry about.
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by bridget007(f): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2009
What I found is that when
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by mamagee3(f): 2:10am On Nov 24, 2009
Nice and interesting thread! tongue
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 24, 2009
i think men are generally[b] weak and unreliable, [/b]

sad
Re: A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? by harakiri(m): 4:50am On Jan 19, 2010
From my point of view, most married men cheat on their wives for the following reasons :

(1)The woman becomes too relaxed after marriage/childbirth and doesn't make any effort to take care of herself anymore thus rendering her unattractive.

(2)She becomes a terrorist in the house, nagging him at every single opportunity thus making him miserable and the only solace for him is the open arms of a sea of single women outside the matrimonial home.

(3)She locks up on love making.The only reason she ever shows interest in sex is when she wants another baby or if she feels he's considering his other "options".

For the average responsible loving husband, these are the chief causes for cheating.I do agree that their are some crazy men out there who would cheat on their wives even if they had five kids and still had a beyonce figure but for the most, it's the reasons stated above.And when the man finally looks outside, the woman is baffled and wonders why grin .Funny stuff huh? lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teen Pregnancy: Then And Now (photo) / Home Clearance- Quality Wines At Discounted Prices, For Celebrations/Gifting! / I.Q TEST: Let's See How Sound You Are In Quantitative Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.