Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

Hearing About A Success Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hearing About A Success Story (396 Views)

Dont Joke With Your Hearing / Pls N Pls,i Have Been Hearing Of Lalaatic,abeg,i Wan Know Am,not For Anything O, / Tips For A Success Marriage Life For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hearing About A Success Story by Imose1991(f): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2015
"Not being able to get pregnant within the first six months was frustrating, but not alarming. I knew that most couples conceive within the first year of trying. When the one-year mark came and went, I was concerned, but didn’t take any concrete steps toward getting answers with the help of a doctor. I was just barely 20, after all, and I was young and healthy. Sure, my cycles were irregular and there might be a stretch of 6 to 10 weeks between periods, but if I’m having periods, then that means I’m ovulating, and eventually everything will align properly and I will get pregnant, right?

On the grand spectrum of infertility, our problem was solved relatively easily. We didn’t have to use costly, invasive procedures to build our family, and my physical issue of being anovulatory didn’t detract from my ability to safely carry a pregnancy. As such, I decided to be a gestational carrier to help another infertile couple who did need to use such extreme measures to have a baby. Being a surrogate was my way of “paying it forward,” so to speak. It was during medical testing for surrogacy that I received a full and proper diagnosis for my infertility — Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

Our four children range in ages from 9 to 13, and our family is complete."

Stories like this give me hope

(1) (Reply)

Fumigation Services. / Some Could Affect You Psychologically / 2012 Oou Public Administration/political Science Let's Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.