Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State (596 Views)

#LagosAt50: Foot-Like Statue At Berger Erected By Lagos State Government / Wike Meets With David Moyes, Kanu Nwankwo And Others In Port-harcourt. Photos / Lagos Seals Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel, Worship Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State by samtech4real(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency has sealed a hotel owned by ex-Super Eagles player, Kanu Nwankwo, on Victoria Island.Continue...

The hotel was among other hotels, churches and mosques sealed across the state on Monday over alleged air and noise pollution. No fewer than 30 facilities were shut in areas, including Ketu, Ikorodu, Ibeju-Lekki, Victoria Island and Surulere.

According to Punch, LASEPA said the owners of the facilities had been contacted several times in the last one year, adding that they refused to fully complied with LASEPA’s instructions.

However, the mosque was sealed for allegedly not complying fully with LASEPA’s instruction. Other places also sealed include the Rain of Power and Miracles Ministry Church, Lekki; Christ Apostolic Church, Lekki; Duckland Hotels and Suites, Ikorodu; and Mela Rossa Club, Victoria Island.

At the Hardley Apartments, it was noticed that the generators powering the hotel had large exhaust pipes facing the road.

The Director of Enforcement, Kayode Bello, ordered that one of the generators be tested, and it was discovered that it gave off thick gaseous emissions.

Bello said,

“Even the sound is going to be more than 45 decibels at night. We want you to comply ─ that is the reason we are here. We have been on this for more than a year.”

The doors and gates of the hotel were subsequently chained, and plastered with the LASEPA seal.

Re: Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State by rildwanullahi(m): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2015
Abeg make Una come my area the churches have almost blocked my ears

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State by DaBullIT(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2015
I go follow this post because i wan see the ediot wey go talk say na igbo and Biafrans dem they target for lagos

One mumu go still talk am , you go see
Re: Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel Shut Down By Lagos State by CEtoO(f): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2015
rildwanullahi:
Abeg make Una come my area the churches have almost blocked my ears
my area too o

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Adopts Treasury Single Account Asks Banks To Close Other Govt Accounts / INVESTIGATION: Nigeria Earned $11.8bn From LNG; Not $5.6bn Claimed By PDP / NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Factory Loaded With Expired Condiments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.