Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). (57791 Views)

Oro Nipa Osole Owo Nla / Obatala Festival 2017 - Trinidad And Tobago / 131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by steffans(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmmm..
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Looks hungry...

The worshippers are heartless o... Even if back yam or stolen goats
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by sohans(m): 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmm,tnx God i av Jesus

3 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by olaolulazio(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
I love and obey d tradition of Yoruba land.
Proudly #Yoruba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
So all dis mfkers don't believe in God? In dis 21st century?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by micronut(m): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nice one, Is this 9jacrip same as "Dada" from L.A Pry school Ifewara Road, Ile-Ife.

The writeup is an Eye-opening one. Great Piece..
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by LOVEGINO(m): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
Are u sure that they are alright?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by sigiyaya(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
FEAR YORUBA!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Dindondin(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pabloafricanus, did you say that Osanyin priest can cure diabetes?
Like chronic ones?

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Owoplenty(m): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
beautiful culture and spiritual norms

3 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Owoplenty(m): 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
yinkarh187:
they did believe in God,but not the literature revealed God like yours.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by zimoni(f): 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Interesting thread.

I know the Obatala House at Idita along Mokuro Road.

Isese L'agba.

Iba ooooooooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Dindondin:
Pabloafricanus, did you say that Osanyin priest can cure diabetes?
Like chronic ones?

Osanyin is the deity of herbs and medicine

2 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
micronut:
Nice one, Is this 9jacrip same as "Dada" from L.A Pry school Ifewara Road, Ile-Ife.

The writeup is an Eye-opening one. Great Piece..

No sir.
I attended Pearl Preparatory School briefly instead.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by superstar1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Yoruba culture is too rich and deep.

Proud to be one.

11 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
yinkarh187:

They believe in God, the creator of all things natural.

They just don't believe in Muhammed or Jesus.

And some of them are alfas and strong church members too.

Plus you didn't have to show how gutter you are referring to folks who have not offended you in anyway as mfkers.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
yinkarh187:
shut up sttupid who told you they don't believe in God?

7 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
zimoni:
Interesting thread.

I know the Obatala House at Idita along Mokuro Road.

Isese L'agba.

Iba ooooooooooooo.

I'm glad you do.

You must be very familiar with that axis then?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by obowunmi(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lovely....

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by sukkot: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
this is rubbish. useless archaic tradition. only tradition and culture you need is YAH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by abumeinben(m): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
9jacrip:
OP's fam compound.

Ile Olorisa (Obatala's compound).

The compound plays/holds an important role in the spiritual hierachy in Ile-Ife/Yoruba-land one of which is taking charge of the Ade Are (Oduduwa's crown) which Obatala wears during the period an Ooni passed on and when another ascends the throne.

They are part of the Idita, one of the original families Oduduwa met in Ife. As an Ooni owns no land, Idita family land starts from Mokuro junction opposite Moore police station to As far as Ife boundary with Ilesa.

There are 3 groups in the family; the Ilesun, Ilale and Ilea (the latter 2 have merged into one). The lines in the first and and foremost group are:

Fanihunre/Omidirepo

Elugbaju (Elugbaju is all over Ife in different compounds but there is Elugbaju of Ile Olorisa).

Dada

The place in the picture is where odun obatala holds as well as Idita. This is the temple where Obatala (the compound) descents hold prayers and stuff and it is where the Obalesun is everyday of the week.

Sooooooooo all thses dotted creatures are they immortal?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by tunwumi: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
There is something called heritage. If you don't have one u can't understand when u see it.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
abumeinben:

Sooooooooo all thses dotted creatures are they immortal?

No, no human is.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by BraniacX(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Reverse leopards?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
I know the Obatala Shrine in Obalufon in Ile-Ife.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Culture is dynamic.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
what a diabolic tradition
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Timothy3113(m): 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
9jacrip:
We had a thread previously but we lost it as a result of the NL crash. As a result, I thought it would be a good idea to restart the thread for discussions, questions, research and whatever.

Let me start with some pictures from past festivals.

from ur explanation of things I can see that u have d tru knowledge of Yoruba not myth.
my question is did oduduwa migrate from somewhere or he his born in Yoruba land. cos we have so many conspiracy theory, some saying na golden chain he use some sed he came from mecca some sed na hin papa okanbi.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I know the Obatala Shrine in Obalufon in Ile-Ife.

Baba, it is not at Obalufon.
The only Obatala shrine I know is at Igbo Itapa.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by azimibraun: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Peuto Ricans have a word OBATALA does it have any similarities in meaning with the yoruba OBATALA?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by oduastates: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nice to see the fire still burning .
Quiet ,peaceful and not materialistic.
The true religion of God
The religion of the Yorubas

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Olu Of Warri Playing Basketball / 10 Most Bizarre Nigerian Myths (photos) / Igwe Umenyiora Donates Food Items To His Community In Anambra (Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.