Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Guessing Game: Oshiomhole May Be Impeached –prophet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Guessing Game: Oshiomhole May Be Impeached –prophet (679 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Guessing Game: Oshiomhole May Be Impeached –prophet by brownbonno(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2009
The guessing game: Oshiomhole may be impeached –Prophet
Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dr Alfred Oviomo, who doubles as practical prophet and minister of the Gospel, says Africans should not rejoice over the election of Senator Barack Obama as the first black African to become the President of the United States of America.

• Adams Oshiomhole
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on this Section

advertisement

According to him, Obama’s policies would be anti Africa but added that even the same policy and programme will later be a blessing to only Nigeria and South Africa.

Oviomo, who is also the managing Director, Galaxy micro-finance Bank Nigeria limited, based in Delta state; further predicted that a governor in the Niger Delta will be kidnapped before the end of the second quarter of the year by the militant youths during a resurgence of crisis in the region.

He, also advise Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state to be prayerful against impeachment by the House of Assembly before October this year; According to the

cleric, the ministry of Niger-Delta will be like the fading Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), describing the former as a toothless bull-dog.

He spoke more on his projections for Nigeria and the Niger-Delta Region.

Predictions for 2009

Well in retrospect, I said earlier that 2003 election was going to be a mirage and it actually came through. I equally said that period that chief olusegun obasanjo will leave under duress while Alhaji Atiku Abubakar should not think of becoming the president to God be the glory all my predictions came to pass.

Besides, I also said that one of the local Government chairmen will lose his seat, unfortunately, it was my council area and it came to pass.

We have been talking on political projection for more than a decade now.

We are all jubilating that Senator Barack Obama who won the American Presidency is the best and worst thing that has happened to the Africans.

I want to say without mincing words that Barack Obama political ideology and the rest are going to be anti-Africa.

He is going to do this primarily for one reason, but it will later turn out to be a blessing to Africa . However, Nigeria / South Africa are to be highly favoured. I wish to say that Nigeria and South Africa will later turn out to be the hub of business activities for the American nation. At the end of it Obama’s policies are going to make Nigeria look faster than America and I tell you in the first year of Barrack Obama’s administration there is going to be crisis as a result of scandal against him, but I can assure you that he is going to weather the storm and will go for a second tenure and this will hasten development in Africa, hence I said his winning the election is a blessing and curse to Africa. At theend of the day, Africa will be better off while Americans will blame themselves for voting for a black man

Prospect in our Political History

There will be a steady progress and relative peace in Nigeria.

Although there is anger against President Umar Yar’Adua’s government on his approach to the needs of the populace, but if he is maintaining continuous peace them it will be well for the country

A Governor in Niger – Delta Will be kidnapped

On Niger-Delta debacle those in power should be prayerful and take adequate care in handling the situation.

Infact during this period one of the Governors of Niger Delta will be abducted by the militants before the end of the second Quarter of this year.

Governor Oshiomhole

I want to advice our Baracks Obama of Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole not to rejoice too much because the coast is not too clear for him now because he stands the risk of impeachment before October 2009 except he has to be prayerful to God to save this forth coming unpleasant situation. I can see that the ovation that greeted and hailed his coming to governance may be short lived.

Niger – Delta ministry will experience some Problems

Niger – Delta crisis

Besides, the crisis in Niger – Delta is far from being over just as it is not yet Uhuru for the creation of Niger – Delta ministry as the ministry is going to be in heavy problem like the Niger – Delta Development commission (NDDC) that has done nothing for the Niger – Delta.

Nigerians should pray fervently that the heinous activities of militants should not go out of hand because if it happens, it will be too bloody and I tell you it is during this crisis that a governor in the region will be kidnapped by the militants.

Niger – Delta ministry

Again the ministry of Niger Delta is not the solution yet whether over five hundred percent allocation is given to the region as a palliative measure will not solve the problem because it is not the percentage issue that matters rather commitment and focus should be the guiding factor this time around.

DESOPADEC

For instance the Delta State oil producing Area Development Commission (DESOPADEC) is trying hard to impact on the lives of the oil producing Communities but the NDDC has been in existence since donkey years what they have done to better the lives of the oil bearing communities. We want people who are committed to the cause of the Niger Delta.

My appeal is that there should be a clear cut to develop the region, not this fire brigade approach because I see the establishment of the ministry as a fire-brigade approach.

If I may ask what has happened to the blue print meant for the development of Niger Delta which has not been complemented? Yet Yar’Adua is creating a ministry for the region. Infact the government has nothing to offer. It is a toothless bulldog.

2009 budget

Well, the budget is nothing but funny, although it is christened budget of austerity. Come to think of it, we have abundant human and material resources but we are not making use of these resources at our disposal. It is a pity that the common man is suffering it.

N50B budget for N’Delta ministry

N50 billion could mean some thing, if it is properly administered, and it could also mean nothing if it is wrongly spent. Abuja has been there. Why should government allocate to it N60 billion? However it is a good beginning, but it should be properly used.

Dilapidated South East Road

Frankly speaking, that Road is in bad condition. I strongly believe that we have not really effected the three RS of the post civil war, which are reconstruction, restoration and reconciliation we have not reconciled if we have reconciled, that road would have been done by now. That road is very bad. Each successive government is paying lip service to that road. I feel sad that Chief Ufot Ekaette who was secretary to the Government of the Federation for eight years did not do anything about the road. It is a shame. The eastern road leads to his village, yet he could not do anything to reconstruct the road.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/19/513.html

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Investing In Ghana By Vice-president Mahama / Ibinabo Gets N4m Bail / The Democrats, Nigerian Nation And Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.