Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People (666 Views)

Syrian Passport At Paris Attack Scene Belonged To Asylum Seeker / Check Out What Rochas Okorocha Did With The Photos He Took With Obama / Money "recovered" by Swiss bank belonged to Obasanjo , IBB or their associates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by Ijawman(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2009
Money laundering: Paris court fines Dan Etete $10.5m   
Written by VANGUARD     
Thursday, 19 March 2009 
A French appeal court on Wednesday fined former Nigerian oil minister, Dan Etete, eight million euros (10.5 million dollars) but lifted his three-year prison sentence.
Etete, who served as oil minister under President Sani Abacha from 1995 to 1998, was sentenced in absentia and is believed to be living in Nigeria.

The appeal court was examining a 2007 conviction for using 15 million euros in funds allegedly obtained fraudulently to purchase properties in 1999 and 2000.

These included a chateau in northwest France, a Paris apartment and a luxury villa in the chic Paris suburb of Neuilly.
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by Ijawman(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2009
This is injustice. the man and his money belong to Ijaw people since we produce most of the oil. Besides he was going abroad with the money to share to Ijaws in Europe. The man should not have been fined. Nigeria or Ijaw leaders should recover the fine money and hand it back to Ijaws
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by ow11(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2009
What is wrong with you? angry Have you got any decency in you? OR you just like it when Ijaw fraudsters like Etete, Alams and all those LGA chairmen steal compensation money and leave the fishermen to die of hunger eh?
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2009
See the problem with Nigerians, many people think that corruption is ok like the OP
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by Ibime(m): 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2009
Who is this Ijawman? Abeg stop using our name to yarn nonsense.
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by DisGuy: 5:08am On Mar 20, 2009
Ijaw re branding wink
Re: Why Should My Brother Be Fined When The Money He Took Belonged To His People by Afam4eva(m): 5:40am On Mar 20, 2009
Dis Guy:

Ijaw re branding wink

Ijaw re-branding indeed

(1) (Reply)

Return To Pdp: Atiku Weighs Options / Who Is Afraid Of Fani-kayode? / Re: Chime Spends N2b On Cars For Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.