Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file (1862 Views)

Court Dismisses Six Count Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Orders Re-Arraignment / EFCC Grills Micheal Aondoakaa Over $182m Halliburton Fraud - SR / $182m Halliburton Scandal: Buhari Orders Preparation Of Case-file (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by truthispainful: 12:33am On Aug 05, 2015
It has emerged that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the preparation of the case-file that would lead to the prosecution of the indicted persons in the $182 million Halliburton bribery scandal.

The president’s directive followed the requirement by the US government of evidence to show that Buhari was ready to prosecute the suspects in Nigeria for their roles in the bribery scandal before it could partner other European countries in releasing the $141million dollars allegedly looted from Nigeria and lodged in various overseas banks.

According to top security sources, Buhari, based on the outcome of investigations by the panel set up to look into the scandal, is scheduled to tell Americans officials during this week’s visit that all those indicted, including former Heads of State, a former Vice President, two former Group Managing Directors of the NNPC, will face prosecution to defend themselves.

To further convince the US government  that the kangaroo trial that took place during the Goodluck Jonathan administration, which saw a former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to the President being arraigned and then let off the hook following alleged connivance of certain government institutions, will not re-occur, the President will tell them that private legal practitioners, who cannot compromise because of past government patronage, will be commissioned to handle the case.

It will be recalled that the recent directive by Buhari to reopen the Halliburton bribery case led to the discovery that the $26.5 million plea bargain money released by the oil servicing firm as part of efforts to shield the company from prosecution was not in any government account.
http://www.9janinja.com.ng/2015/07/buhari-orders-re-opening-of-182m.html?m=1
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by major466(m): 12:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Is this a new development Has Buhari developed the balls to face OBJ?
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 05, 2015
Ok
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by OfoIgbo: 2:01am On Aug 05, 2015
Aisha Buhari was also mentioned so I look forward to her being prosecuted, found guilty and sent to jail also grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by jumpandpass: 3:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Plenty plenty talk.
Does baba have the balls to see this case till the end??
Talk is cheap you know.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by mrvitalis(m): 3:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Baba.... .. Somethings are better not opened .. .... and this case seems like one of those
... But if u can pull this one up..... . Am Igbo yea.... But I promise to name my son after you
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by M4gunners: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Don't tell me this is true. This is one case every nigeria is interested in seeing. The US is involved in this case. If Buhari can get to the root of this case, then he deserves respect on this. Any other person should then as well be prosecuted.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by gists: 4:26am On Aug 05, 2015
How will PMB handle OBJ his ex-boss?
Interesting time of CHANGE
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Kessyy2k4(m): 4:26am On Aug 05, 2015
no hidden plaz for corruptiongrin
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Rose2014: 4:33am On Aug 05, 2015
This one na wash wash

I expect the matter to end in
'Discharged and acquitted' soon

APC using our heads since 1945
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by JudgeWilson(m): 5:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Baba Iyabo go d panic were him d now. Baba pls do cuz we can't just fold our hands nd watch dem suck this country dry! Believe it or not Baba is working
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 05, 2015
mrvitalis:
Baba.... .. Somethings are better not opened .. .... and this case seems like one of those
... But if u can pull this one up..... . Am Igbo yea.... But I promise to name my son after you
seconded!
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by lonelydora: 5:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Sofly Sofly catchee monkey.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by omowolewa: 5:38am On Aug 05, 2015
That is why I don't like fraud, it will keep tracking and trailing like your tail.
There are enough evidences to prosecute the case.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Khd95(m): 5:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Dis buhari of a guy,ah dnt want 2 biliv he talks 2 much or he wants 2 impress nigerians.
One time he said he was nt gon go beyond JEG's administration,nw haliburton case

Ok shaa
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by ORACLE1975(m): 6:04am On Aug 05, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by enkay2go(f): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2015
I pray o. Story!
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Sibrah: 6:12am On Aug 05, 2015
Better late than never . . .
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2015
Buhari should stop all ds things jawe... all politicians in Nigeri are corrupt including him... Now dat he is dea is to make sure he blocks all loop holes so dat pple wont see chance to steal again.....
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by SPG4U(m): 6:33am On Aug 05, 2015
[size=20pt]yea no time

See my signature u will need it[/size]
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by saintgp(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2015
So dis is to say indirectly nw dat,its d u.s. Dat is controlling d affairs of nigeria..smh.......
Well i just hope this turns out to favor both party.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by onenaira3: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2015
We'll see. He better start his wife when time comes because she was in it. I'm watching with keen eyes on this,one
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Pamelayoung: 6:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Hmm! Following
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by darlenese(f): 7:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by princepee: 7:23am On Aug 05, 2015
This is one case baba Will never open...I dare him

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by pharmagba: 7:29am On Aug 05, 2015
major466:
Is this a new development Has Buhari developed the balls to face OBJ?
I know this will not pass his radar,Even OBJ knows the stuff Buhari is made of,if not why did he quickly return $200millinon immediately Buhari got elected and even requested for a receipt.
Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by pharmagba: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2015
crixtex:
Buhari should stop all ds things jawe... all politicians in Nigeri are corrupt including him... Now dat he is dea is to make sure he blocks all loop holes so dat pple wont see chance to steal again.....
I disagree with you completely on this, If you say, just block loop holes people will develop strategy to overcome every measure to checkmate corruption.
The best and most effective measure is deterrent. Fear of the consequences, unwillingness to want to engage in it. By so doing we will be building a new culture and new set of incorrigible leaders in our society.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by obailala(m): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2015
OfoIgbo:
Aisha Buhari was also mentioned so I look forward to her being prosecuted, found guilty and sent to jail also grin
Lol... dont get too excited... The Aisha mentioned in that report is not Buhari's wife, but rather a fraudulent front used in transfering some of the funds.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2015
pharmagba:

I disagree with you completely on this, If you say, just block loop holes people will develop strategy to overcome every measure to checkmate corruption.
The best and most effective measure is deterrent. Fear of the consequences, unwillingness to want to engage in it. By so doing we will be building a new culture and new set of incorrigible leaders in our society.

Yea bro in a way sha... dat is true.. fear needs to b instilled down to d local govt thieves..even amongst d traditional rulers too

(1) (Reply)

Where Appointments Come From Don't Matter - Prof Itse Sagay / Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election / Shocking Photos From The Dangote Trailer Accident In Asaba Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.