Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... (953 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by zinachidi(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2015
1. when she says "Get my kini" and believes with all
confidence that she gave birth to a mind reader.

2. when you say "mommy, I'm Sorry" and she
replies "Sorry for yourself"

3. when you ask her where you should drop
something and she says : “drop it on my head now."

4. when she brings food wrapped in a nylon
bag from a party.

5. When you say: “mummy, I have malaria” and she
replied: “why wont you have malaria when you
have been pressing phone since morning”

6. When you say: “I came 2nd in my class” and she replies: “soo the person that came first has two
heads, abi?”

7. When she takes the dstv remote to
work, just to punish you.

8. when you’re watching tv with her and then she
sleeps off and still doesn’t want you to change the
channel

9. if when you tell her you are going to friends
place and she be like: when last did they come here
to play with you?

10. when your mum asks you if the food is enough
and you reply no and she says go and drink water

11. when she tells you if I hear Peem, you will hear ween.

12. when she touches hot pot comfortably without
a napkin

13. when with one look she tells you, you will get
the beating of your life when you get home

14. when you say: my wedding will be baaaaaaaaaaad and she replies: God forbid. Your
wedding will not be bad in Jesus name

15. When she tells you: 'I didnt kill my mother, so
you cannot kill me'

16. When she calls you from your room upstairs
and then sends you back upstairs to bring her purse...

17. When you ask her to help you with
your home work and she advised: go and meet
your brother. You then say, so you don’t even
know it and she replies: Awon ebi baba e ni olodo.
(it is your father’s family members that are dullards)

18. When you ask her to refund the money you lend her and she tells you "all the food you've been
eating at home nko?"

19. if she is more accurate
with her slippers than Robin Hood is, with arrows

20. when the seller of cow meat says "Madam na
N7000 for this big beef, and she replies "Ahn Ahn,
no be N1000"?

21. when u tell her u love her and she asks you what?? 'have u taken your drugs today?'

Add yours..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by marveangel(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Nyc write up dude.......so on point when u tell her mummy i have stomach ache.....and she replies "ehen why won't u have stomah ache when u've been playing 'in the sun' since morning
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by kisibo: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2015
front page tins....so true
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by Chidoks(f): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
this is so do true.my mother is guilty of all.
i remember when my cousin from my mother's side was staying with us; then i was about 8 .after cooking she asked me to get the plates while sitting on the kitchen stool.i brought the plates asap and while still holding them i told her i had brought the plates instead of dropping them .she askef me to place them on her head which i did! oh my God! the woman pounced on me and the plates.ewo! i still remember the beating.i even had to remind her of that beating last year..

2 Likes

Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by zinachidi(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
Chidoks:
this is so do true.my mother is guilty of all.
i remember when my cousin from my mother's side was staying with us; then i was about 8 .after cooking she asked me to get the plates while sitting on the kitchen stool.i brought the plates asap and while still holding them i told her i had brought the plates instead of dropping them .she askef me to place them on her head which i did! oh my God! the woman pounced on me and the plates.ewo! i still remember the beating.i even had to remind her of that beating last year..
hahaha, your mum though, lol
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
My mama leeeeeh!!
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by Hydee2784(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Op, most of the points above are only common with "ajepako" parents.
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by SAMBARRY: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
grin grin
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by Dahmum(f): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
soo on point.lol...
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by Captainswag225(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
ur mother will get u bigtime.
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by Horlubunmmy: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lol at number 18,my mum is very guilty of that.
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by ivyT(f): 12:49am On Aug 06, 2015
I laughed so hard for d 1st time in weeks____mehnn,I need dis everyday

*sighs*
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by pacino26(m): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2015
When your dad comes back from a trip and she reads out the litany of your atrocities to him, especially when you've pleaded with her not to do so. That one de vex me pass cheesy
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by zinachidi(m): 12:53am On Aug 06, 2015
pacino26:
When your dad comes back from a trip and she reads out the litany of your atrocities to him, especially when you've pleaded with her not to do so. That one de vex me pass cheesy
same here tooo,, buh that was when i was quite younger..
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by pacino26(m): 12:56am On Aug 06, 2015
zinachidi:
same here tooo,, buh that was when i was quite younger..

Hahahahahahahahaha and you think am sixteen now right? shocked shocked those were days my brothers and I will worship her at the sound of 'when your dad comes back'
Re: You Know Your Mum Is Nigerian When......... by zinachidi(m): 12:58am On Aug 06, 2015
pacino26:

Hahahahahahahahaha and you think am sixteen now right? shocked shocked those were days my brothers and I will worship her at the sound of 'when your dad comes back'
lol,, no...,. Buh i was more scared of my mum than my dad... My dad was usually the one who always told my mum: 'talk to ur son' lol

(1) (Reply)

What's The Funniest / Most Embarrassing Thing A Kid Said To You Or Around You? / What To Be Done When Your Partners' Parent Is Nt In Support Of Your Relationship / The Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil In Removing That Stretch Mark On Your Skin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.