Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate (938 Views)

BEWARE OF UTOS ! THE NEW FACE OF AUTO SCAM / Help needed 1995 automatic mazda 626 jerks instead of auto changing transmission / Tokunbo Parts Available For All Types Of Auto Brands And Models +229-99748098 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by farobat(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2009
Hello Guys
Nairalander and Nigerian ,Please beware of a syndicate Group that specializes in duping unsuspecting Nigerian of their Hard Earned money under the pretence of auctioning Nigeria Customs Service Seizures(Cars).This group has been placing adverts in Newspapers such as The Guardian of 2nd March and the Punch stating that they have some cars for sales at rock bottom prices of Toyota Camry , 600k
End of discussion, 800k
Honda Pilot, 1.4M
etc.
This gang whichn has one EBENEZER DAVID as its arrowhead has swindled hundreds of Nigerian of money ranging from N50K to N1.4M.This group operates an account with Ecobank Plc with name EBENEZER DAVID,,,,,,0571060188264801. were unsuspecting public are made to pay in money to facilitate allocation whereas they have no link with the Nigeria Customs Service.
Nairalander Kindly verify any transaction that you want to go into before paying as even i am a victims myself of N50k .OWO MUGUN.
Please if you have any information on this group ,KINDLY REPLY TO THIS POST.
NIGERIAN BEWARE/////

Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by oranges(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked even the vin/chasis no. is 18 digit
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by Phony200(m): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
My sympathies for your loss. Thanks for the heads up. Fast cars, fast money. If it's too good, most likely it's too true.
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by Emperoh(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2009
Everythin reeks of fraud!!!
Just that a green horn will never know
Camry VIN numbers start with '4T1B'*************

Chei!!!!! Kpelee!!
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by OwenG(m): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2009
I nearly fell victim too to this Ebenezer guy. The only thing that stopped me is that i have never paid money to anybody without seeing the Goods/person i am paying for/to.
The guy asked me to pay 60K into his account with Ecobank, and i said i will send my friend who works in Ibadan to see him personally to inspect the car, then pay him the money cash. He was not comfortable with the idea and refused to pick my friends calls.
This was when i knew it was all a scam.
I sent him a text on his number 08063452669 cursing him and started wondering how many nigerians he had duped through this process.
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by adeyemik: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
Bros,

Una see de tin wey greediness dey do. Una tink say una don see awoof, de awoof won con tear una pocket or even tear una pocket. EOD for 800k, Camry for 600k, de price suppose alert una say na gbaju ee dey do una. Wen persin talk say awoof de run belle, mak una know say na true talk.

[size=18pt]Anyway, a very big epele to una wey fall mugu, next time mak una shine una eye well well.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by tuborme: 4:34am On Mar 21, 2009
i was nearly a victim, but i wondered how cars could be too cheap and no one buys them before it goes to press.

As i called the David and he mentioned custom: i was on red alert.

Next, i asked him why the money must be paid into his account and not custom's and he banged the phone.

Nigerians and scam.
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by Dommmy2000: 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2009
Never pay for stuff not seen. For any purchase, drag price for a while before making any commitment. It might well help you to suspect foul play by buying some time. When the price of a thing is outrageously cheap, it should send feelers. These are just some rules of thumb.
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by toosoon(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2009
normally custom clearance sales are usually cheap not only in Nigeria, i bought one car through Lagos custom half the market price, what made me pay was that i was able to see the car i am paying for and the advert on custom newsletter.
Re: Nigerian Beware Of Auto Duping Syndicate by farobat(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2009
all the same ,ifuran logun agba

(1) (Reply)

A Clean Nissan Maxima For Sale ***price Reduced To 870k*** / 2004 Toyota Camry For Sale SOLD / I Need A Nigerian Used Car Within The Range Of 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.