Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin (4700 Views)

Prophet TL Kelvin In Sex Scandal, Sleeps With Married Woman / Why Does Jesus Convert Muslims To Christianity And Not Christians To Islam ? / 10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by MRAKPORS(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Outspoken man of God Kelvin Kwesi Kobir, who is founder and head pastor of the Zoe Outreach Embassy church, formerly Charismatic Worship Center has jabbed the biggest christian denomination in continue here https://butchersweetsweat./2015/08/05/catholics-are-not-christians-kelvin-kwesi-kobiri/
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by lomprico(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
We gree! We wont still cone to ur church!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by ammyluv2002(f): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
And Pentecostals are Christians? I don't get how we Christians are so quick to judge others....Why not concentrate on winning souls for Christ.

I'm not a Catholic but just don't like the way some "pastors" say things that are not necessary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by okeke00(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
as if he knows the history of his Religion. religion=mental illness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by sweetfordays(f): 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
So many years ago, the only available church was Catholic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by An2elect2(f): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
It is no longer news.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by MRAKPORS(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
sweetfordays:
So many years ago, the only available church was Catholic.

Not true
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Pavore9: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Na today, maybe the 'real Christians' are those noise-makers under companies and rented school compounds every Sunday disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood, so Pastor Kelvin face your journey it is not as if anyone renouncing their Catholic Faith will increase your chances of making heaven! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by analice107: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
ammyluv2002:
And Pentecostals are Christians? I don't get how we Christians are so quick to judge others....Why not concentrate on winning souls for Christ.

I'm not a Catholic but just don't like the way some "pastors" say things that are not necessary
Sweet heart. Catholics are not Christians. Catholicism is a distinct religion, like Islam.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by 49cents(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
analice107:

Sweet heart. Catholics are not Christians. Catholicism is a distinct religion, like Islam.

Mother Theresa was a philanthropist right

You are the real Christian wow!!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by ebukason3(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
MRAKPORS:

Not true
Christianity is all about being Christ like; just as it was recorded in antioch. The apostles headed the Christian sect (Peter was the first pope). The catholic church gave chapters and verses to the Bible and also compile the new testament. The table of last supper, cross on which Jesus was crucified were all preserved in the basilica to this day. Catholics always maintain a daily communion with the almighty through the mass(simple powerful bold communion with heaven and earth, where Christ is both the priest and the offering for sacrifice). Daily reading from the bible plus hymn and simple but powerful prayer, and meditation on the word made flesh(Christ) and try to lead a life were Christ is the model. These = Christianity
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by ebukason3(m): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

Does it mean the ark of covenant, cheruben, images in the temple of Jerusalem were all idols.
Christianity is all about being Christ like; just as it was recorded in antioch. The apostles headed the Christian sect (Peter was the first pope). The catholic church gave chapters and verses to the Bible and also compile the new testament. The table of last supper, cross on which Jesus was crucified were all preserved in the basilica to this day. Catholics always maintain a daily communion with the almighty through the mass(simple powerful bold communion with heaven and earth, where Christ is both the priest and the offering for sacrifice). Daily reading from the bible plus hymn and simple but powerful prayer, and meditation on the word made flesh(Christ) and try to lead a life were Christ is the model. Christianity is not religion but lifestyle living like Christ.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by orunto27: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2016
You are lying Kelvin. Evil words against The Holy Spirit is punishable by The Holy Spirit. Always remember that St. Peter, if you know who he is, was the first Pope in Rome and St. John was the first Pope in Alexandria. These gave us Sunday as the authorised and approved Sabbath day by Jesus Christ for all Christians. let's leave 7days Adventists for now.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by analice107: 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
49cents:

Mother olk was a philanthropist right

You are the real Christian wow!!
So you use philanthropism to determine Christianity. That's just so dumb. So all the atheist philanthropists are Christians? Sorry to bust your bubbles, if Mother Teresa wasn't born again, she would ve gone to he'll fire.
1Corinthians 13: 3.And though I give all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burnt and have not love, it profits me nothing.
What is love? Jesus sys if you love me keep my commandment. What is his commandment. You MUST BE BORN AGAIN. without holiness, no man shall see God, not those who are good people.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by analice107: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
orunto27:
You are lying Kelvin. Evil words against The Holy Spirit is punishable by The Holy Spirit. Always remember that St. Peter, if you know who he is, was the first Pope in Rome and St. John was the first Pope in Alexandria. These gave us Sunday as the authorised and approved Sabbath day by Jesus Christ for all Christians. let's leave 7days Adventists for now.
St. Peter was the first Pope according to who? At what point in Christiandom was the first Pope ordained?
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by 49cents(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
analice107:

So you use philanthropism to determine Christianity. That's just so dumb. So all the atheist philanthropists are Christians? Sorry to bust your bubbles, if Mother Teresa wasn't born again, she would ve gone to he'll fire.
1Corinthians 13: 3.And though I give all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burnt and have not love, it profits me nothing.
What is love? Jesus sys if you love me keep my commandment. What is his commandment. You MUST BE BORN AGAIN. without holiness, no man shall see God, not those who are good people.

Even your renowned Pastors speak glowingly of her...from TD Jakes to Myles Munroe

A missionary who left everything to serve the poor will end up in he'll according to you
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by naijaboy756: 4:02am On Jan 05, 2016
analice107:

St. Peter was the first Pope according to who? At what point in Christiandom was the first Pope ordained?
if you ask me, na who I go ask? They keep saying Peter was the first pope. Who ordained him pope and where was it recorded in the bible? Or any record whatsoever
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by orunto27: 4:53am On Jan 05, 2016
History! Just like telling me that my great grandmother died in fatal accident. If the source is trustworthy, I believe. This is Faith to benefit from what you hear.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by orunto27: 4:59am On Jan 05, 2016
As for ordination, Jesus Christ Himself laid the foundation on Petros(Peter), the Rock.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by MRAKPORS(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Peritus(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
ebukason3:

Does it mean the ark of covenant, cheruben, images in the temple of Jerusalem were all idols.
Christianity is all about being Christ like; just as it was recorded in antioch. The apostles headed the Christian sect (Peter was the first pope). The catholic church gave chapters and verses to the Bible and also compile the new testament. The table of last supper, cross on which Jesus was crucified were all preserved in the basilica to this day. Catholics always maintain a daily communion with the almighty through the mass(simple powerful bold communion with heaven and earth, where Christ is both the priest and the offering for sacrifice). Daily reading from the bible plus hymn and simple but powerful prayer, and meditation on the word made flesh(Christ) and try to lead a life were Christ is the model. Christianity is not religion but lifestyle living like Christ.
I never wanted to dabble into arguments on issues like this, but your opening statement caught my attention.
Bros, we are no longer under the old covenant so we don't repeat that which has been declared imperfect and changed!
Jeremiah 31:31-33 (Hebrews 8:8-10) God said that He would make a new covenant with His people which is not according to the one made with their fathers (old covenant). Christ is the fulfillment of the new covenant. If there had been nothing wrong with the first covenant, there won't be need for the second (Heb 8:7)
Everything about old system of worship was nullified by the coming of Christ starting from the physical tents, covenant box, cherubim & seraphim, Aaron's stick, blood sacrifice, ritual cleansing etc. They are mere shadows of the reality and no longer practiced or imitated (Heb 9).
So plz don't use the old system of worship to justify any doctrine.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by davien(m): 12:49am On May 01, 2016
Here's a fun fact, if catholics aren't Christians then Islam becomes the number one dominant religion in the world and every nation that accepted Christianity through Catholic missionaries aren't really Christian... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by GooseBaba: 3:58pm On May 01, 2016
orunto27:

How come you now have to speak for this holyspirit.

Abi Holyspirit only has feelings but cannot speak for itself or thyself..
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by urahara(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2016
davien:
Here's a fun fact, if catholics aren't Christians then Islam becomes the number one dominant religion in the world and every nation that accepted Christianity through Catholic missionaries aren't really Christian... grin

Thatz so true. Xtians be making daft comments since the time of columbus

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by GooseBaba: 4:09pm On May 01, 2016
analice107:

Tufiakwa...!!! See blackmail.

As you condem those before you to the pit of hell because of your selfish reasons "salvation" so will your descendant condem you too.

Say amen...
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by GooseBaba: 4:20pm On May 01, 2016
Peritus:

I never wanted to dabble into arguments on issues like this, but your opening statement caught my attention.
Bros, we are no longer under the old covenant so we don't repeat that which has been declared imperfect and changed!
Jeremiah 31:31-33 (Hebrews 8:8-10) God said that He would make a new covenant with His people which is not according to the one made with their fathers (old covenant). Christ is the fulfillment of the new covenant. If there had been nothing wrong with the first covenant, there won't be need for the second (Heb 8:7)
Everything about old system of worship was nullified by the coming of Christ starting from the physical tents, covenant box, cherubim & seraphim, Aaron's stick, blood sacrifice, ritual cleansing etc. They are mere shadows of the reality and no longer practiced or imitated (Heb 9).

Wait a minute!!!

If Jesus died for your sin. Does that not make you a recipient of blood sacrifice. If you take communion does that not constitute as a matter ritual cleansing in remembrance of the human sacrifice. Hmmm

You also said that something was wrong with the first covenant. By your statement it appears that there is something wrong with the second covenant.. If you believe in the blood of jesus without an actual blood. That constitutes imitation...

The third covenant is long overdue. Don't you think.. grin
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Rayhutar(m): 4:26pm On May 01, 2016
Peritus:

What of paying Tithe to pastors, was it nullified also, since it is old testament practice grin grin grin grin,
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by urahara(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2016
Rayhutar:

What of paying Tithe to pastors, was it nullified also, since it is old testament practice grin grin grin grin,

And also offerings and first fruits.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Rayhutar(m): 4:48pm On May 01, 2016
urahara:

And also offerings and first fruits.

yes oo! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Peritus(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2016
GooseBaba:

Wait a minute!!!

If Jesus died for your sin. Does that not make you a recipient of blood sacrifice. If you take communion does that not constitute as a matter ritual cleansing in remembrance of the human sacrifice. Hmmm

You also said that something was wrong with the first covenant. By your statement it appears that there is something wrong with the second covenant.. If you believe in the blood of jesus without an actual blood. That constitutes imitation...

The third covenant is long overdue. Don't you think.. grin
What kind of reasoning is this? Do you hear of yearly blood sacrifice for remission of sin any longer? Who told you that communion is about cleansing?
My reply is based on the mention of cherubim and seraphim as it's one of the reasons people give to justify the use of sculpted images.
Come up with something better, or better shut ur vocal doors.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by Rayhutar(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2016
Peritus:

What kind of reasoning is this? Do you hear of yearly blood sacrifice for remission of sin any longer? Who told you that communion is about cleansing?
My reply is based on the mention of cherubim and seraphim as it's one of the reasons people give to justify the use of sculpted images.
You don dodge Tithe, offering and first fruit giving abi that is also an old testament practice, because that one na bad market for you and your pastors, grin grin grin grin grin, una just dey wash peoples brain with the portion of Bible that sooth una interest, to me Catholic church remain the best of Christian church because they are not biased and believe in their tradition, which they have practiced for more than 1700 yrs. Not all this mushroom churches that is springing up here and there looking for money to acquire private jets
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin by GooseBaba: 5:32pm On May 01, 2016
Peritus:

Body of christ and his blood is what...? Can anyone walk into your church and receive it or they've to be members.

Kindly tell me the purpose of communion. I will like to learn..

Also, Do you believe in the death of christ for atonement of your sin... Yes or no... If yes, does that not make you a recipient of blood sacrifice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets's Discuss African Tradition Religion / One With God Is Majority / Catholic Woman Becomes Atheist: "Letting Go Of God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.