Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet (1181 Views)

My Reply To NCC And MTN Nigeria. / Pls Help. How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim / Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Serendipity: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is an excerpt :

We write to bring to your notice the abrupt imposition of restriction on or rather withdrawal of Etisalat share data wallet service without prior notice.

Etisalat Share Data Wallet enables customers to buy data in bulk with option of sharing.
It comes with 30 days validity and can be rolled over upon expiry.
This is beneficial to people with high data need particularly small firms or business organisations. These people buy this data and then share to devices used by their staff.
As a firm we usually subscribe to the 50gb plan which is on the verge of expiring now if no swift action is taken respecting this malaise.

We were, however, gobsmacked to learn out of the blues, that one can no longer share this data. There was neither any notice nor
explanation to this effect. We have sent barrage of Emails and called the customer care to this effect. The replies we have gotten so far to wit, network issue, system upgrade --- have been at best puerile and misleading.

We ask that with your good offices you look into the matter and ensure that this exploitation is nipped in the bud.

We equally pray that they be compelled to discount the number of days we have been unable to use the data in computing the validity period.

Alternatively, that they refund our money and cancel that transaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ihekaire Odinkonigbo,

MD Zeemac consults.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by kossyablaze(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dey should be indicted

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Siraleeyu(m): 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nice write up........We are all victims of this daylight robbery. I went to their office but no satisfactory explanation given to me. The most annoying part is taken this action without prior communication.
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
S[b][/b ]orry to say but part of their terms and conditions
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by samintegrity(m): 5:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Serendipity: 7:04am On Aug 06, 2015
asuustrike2009:
S[b][/b ]orry to say but part of their terms and conditions

Which part of terms now.
Mtn wanted to do this last year and gave notice of many months.
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Serendipity: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
kossyablaze:
Dey should be indicted
Exactly
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
Serendipity:

Which part of terms now.
Mtn wanted to do this last year and gave notice of many months.
Didn't some persons complained about the same thing when MTN did likewise? Data share isn't for commercial purpose. that is why MTN restricted theirs to 10. I am not surprised when I saw this because they will definitely stop it or reduce it to 10. Glo to follow suit soonest
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Serendipity: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Didn't some persons complained about the same thing when MTN did likewise? Data share isn't for commercial purpose. that is why MTN restricted theirs to 10. I am not surprised when I saw this because they will definitely stop it or reduce it to 10. Glo to follow suit soonest
It seems you didn't catch the drift of the message.
We are talking about notice here. Mtn gave like 3 months notice. That is fair enough. We bought that data for personal and not commercial purposes. And we did that relying on that preexisting understanding. We wouldn't have had there been prior notice. This is akin to your landlord asking you to leave with despatch. Iys callous, thats the truth. In our case now 50 gb is involved.
Re: Open Letter To Ncc Over Etisalat's Unlawful Withdrawal Of Share Data Wallet by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Serendipity:

It seems you didn't catch the drift of the message.
We are talking about notice here. Mtn gave like 3 months notice. That is fair enough. We bought that data for personal and not commercial purposes. And we did that relying on that preexisting understanding. We wouldn't have had there been prior notice. This is akin to your landlord asking you to leave with despatch. Iys callous, thats the truth. In our case now 50 gb is involved.
I understand your plight but etisalat is the boss here. In any case, dial 622 to call NCC for complaint

(1) (Reply)

Could The Following Be Classified As Virus On My Phone? (photo) / Infinix Flash/fast Charger Now Available In Retail And Wholesale. / Instagram Followers And Likes App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.