Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Abdulah Bin Abass (radiyallahu Anhu) Thirst For Knowledge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abdulah Bin Abass (radiyallahu Anhu) Thirst For Knowledge (325 Views)

Blood Thirst At Its Peak: How Isis Cooked Baby Boy, Fed Him To Mum / How To Satisfy Your Spiritual Thirst / Are You Afraid Of Hell? How To Throw Your Fear In The Trash Bin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abdulah Bin Abass (radiyallahu Anhu) Thirst For Knowledge by favouritesahaba: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Abdullah ibn `Abbas was still a child when Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) passed away.

He was, at best, on the verge of maturity. Nevertheless, he was a rival of the senior companions in his knowledge, erudition, and good opinion.

He relates the following about his pursuit of knowledge:

After the Prophet (peace be upon him) died, I said to a man from among the people of Madinah:

“Let’s go and ask the Companions about the Hadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him), because the Hadith are so many.”

He said to me:

“This is strange of you, Ibn `Abbas. Do you think that the people need you when there are so many of the Prophet’s Companions around?”

So that man did nothing and I went forward, pursuing the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and asking them about his Hadith. Whenever I learned that a man had heard a hadith directly from the Prophet (peace be upon him) and I found him taking an afternoon nap, I would place my cloak against his door to shield my face from the wind until he came out. He would say:

“What has brought you here, cousin of Allah’s Messenger?’ I would reply:

“A hadith that I have learned you heard directly from the Prophet and that I wished to hear directly from you.” He would say:

“Why didn’t you send for me to come to you?”

I would say: “It was more right for me to come to you.”

That man (from the beginning of my story) passed me by one day while the people were coming to me with their inquiries and he said:

“You were smarter than me.” (Ahmad and Al-Darimi)

(1) (Reply)

20 Years Of Liberty / Favour Brings Divine Focus / Grace Upon Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.